We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

[BG3] Favor needed - please test something

Do you want to add big tiddies to a game but don't know how? Ask someone else to do it for you!
loregamer

[BG3] Favor needed - please test something

Post by loregamer »

I need a favor boys. Can you guys install Waypoint Inside Emerald Grove and check your map (Act 1), and let me know if the Waypoint Name shows as "Emerald Grove" or "Emerald Grove Environs" for you?

Trust me, it's for a good cause. I want to help orin figure out how to only override the localization lines that No Alphabets is replacing rather than replacing every line. Basically, for some people's setups, it works. Others, it doesn't.

Wondering if there's some magic bit of configuration that lets mods override lines or not since it was working for me for a while, until I updated to Hotfix 21.
Last edited by loregamer on March 11th, 2024, 06:08, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Came up as Emerald Grove Environs, but I checked using an old save.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

loregamer wrote: March 11th, 2024, 05:54
I need a favor boys. Can you guys install Waypoint Inside Emerald Grove and check your map (Act 1), and let me know if the Waypoint Name shows as "Emerald Grove" or "Emerald Grove Environs" for you?

Trust me, it's for a good cause. I want to help orin figure out how to only override the localization lines that No Alphabets is replacing rather than replacing every line. Basically, for some people's setups, it works. Others, it doesn't.

Wondering if there's some magic bit of configuration that lets mods override lines or not since it was working for me for a while, until I updated to Hotfix 21.
This is orinEsque and i endorse this message.
loregamer

Post by loregamer »

I think orin already mentioned in the No Alphabets thread that we already got this concept working (only overriding the lines that we need), but it only works as loose files that go in your game folder. And I hate that and want to find a way to get it working as a pak file.

Seems like mods that were already (successfully) overriding loca lines broke in the newest patch, though. We'll have to get hacky.
Last edited by loregamer on March 11th, 2024, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

I installed it and started a new game to test but it immediately opened to Halsin and me in a field with him grinning as he transforms into a bear.

Wasn't there supposed to be mind flayers or something?
Last edited by Shillitron on March 11th, 2024, 18:31, edited 2 times in total.