We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Tainted Grail: Fall of Avalon

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Vergil wrote: March 7th, 2024, 18:04
KnightoftheWind wrote: January 11th, 2024, 00:25
Finally decided to give this one a try, and I gotta say I like it so far. I like that it's trying to compete with Skyrim and attempts to fill that niche for people who may be disillusioned with Bethesda's current direction and where the sixth game is almost certainly headed (KANGguards). However, where I feel it falls flat is in it's world design and tone. It really is trying to be just another Dark Souls with yet another grimdark, edgy world. Why is it so rare to see a genuine piece of high fantasy with an actual color palette?, why does everything have to be a glob of grey and brown?. Set in some nihilistic realm where everything is going to hell?.

I think this game would be better off it was turned into "Normal Grail: The Rise of Avalon". Give me everything, give me Tolkien elves, dwarves, red fire-breathing dragons and evil necromancers to have righteous anger towards. Have a legendary character like King Arthur actually 'be' King Arthur. Let him stand tall with gold-plated armor, a full beard, and fight for truth, justice and honor in a massive castle full of loyal knights. Have a quest-line where you strive to rise through the ranks of his court, and join him at the round table. No more of this "ho-hum, oy-vey, woe-is-me" stuff.
The generic ugly setting and awful boring minimalist UI really hurt this game a lot for me. Whenever I see gameplay of it my eyes glaze over with just how uninspired it all looks. It's like it's copying all of the worst parts of Skyrim's world ignoring that it's so popular because it exists in a universe that's infinitely more interesting.
I stopped playing due to the visuals. It made me quite motion sick after a while, and I think it's due to the excessive blur they seemed to have added artificially.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

Instead of Avowed, people should look to this amazing game.
Katler3

Post by Katler3 »

Man, I didn't think this game would ever get to be released, even if it's in EA.

However, the price is something to be desired for an EA title.
Katler3

Post by Katler3 »

Man, I didn't think this game would ever get to be released, even if it's in EA.

However, the price is something to be desired for an EA title.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

They added a lot of stuff since 2022.