We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

[Starwind] HQ patch

Do you want to add big tiddies to a game but don't know how? Ask someone else to do it for you!
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

[Starwind] HQ patch

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Starwind, a game picked for the March Adventurer's Guild, is pretty good. It could be better.
  • Remove all voice acting. It's just bad and distracting.
  • Find instances of many containers in one area and consolidate them into a single container.
  • Improved lighting?
  • KOTOR 1&2 music? There's a mod that partially does this, but it still uses a lot of original/morrowind music.
Any other suggestions?

Presumably this might be able to be done using the OpenMW construction kit?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 5th, 2024, 07:57, edited 3 times in total.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I've poked around with the construction set with the mod mostly changing a few minor things to my liking. I don't think removing dialog could be too hard (mostly looked into changing the Sith negress on Tatooine into a huwhite man and fixing weird armor values) but I'm not as familiar with adding the generic combat barks to characters so they would be totally silent.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Fixing all spelling, grammar, and capitalization mistakes in the writing would be my number one priority.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

(If they aren't already ingame:)
-A spell/ forcepower that pushes actors back away from or pull towards the user, and drains their fatigue.
-A force power that is similar to paralysis but puts them in a choking animation if humanoid, and damages HP over time.

-I would also suggest remodelling or retexturing certain things, although, I downloaded the Bantha replacer
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/53021
and the engine seemed to struggle with that...
You can actually load Skyrim assets into OpenMW though.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 5th, 2024, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

WhiteShark wrote: March 5th, 2024, 18:39
Fixing all spelling, grammar, and capitalization mistakes in the writing would be my number one priority.
Maybe I don't wanna play this.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 5th, 2024, 07:42
Starwind, a game picked for the March Adventurer's Guild, is pretty good. It could be better.
  • Remove all voice acting. It's just bad and distracting.
  • Find instances of many containers in one area and consolidate them into a single container.
  • Improved lighting?
  • KOTOR 1&2 music? There's a mod that partially does this, but it still uses a lot of original/morrowind music.
Any other suggestions?

Presumably this might be able to be done using the OpenMW construction kit?
Can only comment on what I've seen so far but the Hutt cartel quest's rewards are abysmal even for early game. You are smuggling drugs and assassinating people for space narcos and the most you ever get is 500 credits at the end of the questline. Some quests don't even give you money despite saying they will. Average pay for a job is like 50-100 credits which is less than selling a single sand people staff on Tatooine So making the pay better should be an easy fix.

Textures for the functioning Taris buildings are atrocious as well for no reason.

Don't really know much about modding MW but I'd be willing to help with spellchecks/writing/any other stuff that I can help with.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

I hate the lazy AI loading screens-- I don't mind AI, but if you're using it you should at least get decent generations and edit it if needs be.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 6th, 2024, 16:01
I hate the lazy AI loading screens-- I don't mind AI, but if you're using it you should at least get decent generations and edit it if needs be.
Yea they're very low quality and don't really reflect the content in the game either. Really weird to use AI for the loading screens but then have a bunch of ugly retards voice all the characters when beth games have some of the longest running AI voice projects to use. of course they should stop being fucking gay and not use voice acting at all of course
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The container issue is really bad.
I haven't encountered many, if any at all, spelling/grammatical errors like @WhiteShark keeps claiming so I dunno.
Banthas look hilariously bad, but the replacer tanks my FPS for some reason, someone needs to pop open the nif file and see what the fuck the author did wrong: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/53021
Companions should teleport to your location when you enter a new area regardless of how close they were when you left. <- Not sure if this is from a script or hard-coded in the engine?
Items should show what slot they go into when you hover over them.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 7th, 2024, 06:46, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 7th, 2024, 06:45
I haven't encountered many, if any at all, spelling/grammatical errors like @WhiteShark keeps claiming so I dunno.
There's a capitalization error, a bad comma splice, and a nonsensical sentence in the screenshot you just posted: viewtopic.php?p=67350-march-starwind#p67350
  • Unless it's a brand name, and I'm pretty sure it's not, the D in datapad should be lower case.
  • "Savages is what they are, I'd go as far as calling them animals," should be two separate sentences.
  • "The local hunters make sport out of their gaffi sticks and I buy them from them," is nonsense. The phrase is 'make sport of', not 'make sport out of', and it doesn't fit anyway because it means to make fun of, not to hunt or collect.
  • 'Buy them from them' isn't wrong but sounds horrid and it should have been phrased differently.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

WhiteShark wrote: March 7th, 2024, 06:58
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 7th, 2024, 06:45
There's a capitalization error, a bad comma splice, and a nonsensical sentence in the screenshot you just posted: viewtopic.php?p=67350-march-starwind#p67350
  • Unless it's a brand name, and I'm pretty sure it's not, the D in datapad should be lower case.
  • "Savages is what they are, I'd go as far as calling them animals," should be two separate sentences.
  • "The local hunters make sport out of their gaffi sticks and I buy them from them," is nonsense. The phrase is 'make sport of', not 'make sport out of', and it doesn't fit anyway because it means to make fun of, not to hunt or collect.
  • 'Buy them from them' isn't wrong but sounds horrid and it should have been phrased differently.
I guess I'm so used to speedreading dialogue that I don't even notice that stuff anymore.
Element

Post by Element »

Renaming the datafiles/sound/ig folder seems to be a quick fix for removing all of the dialogue. However, it removes the dialogue that happens in unskippable cutscenes as well, so you're forced to stand around for a couple of minutes with nothing happening. Off the top of my head, ShadeIntro, ShadeTat, GezekScr and 01-Thegg are all dialogue files that are unskippable and should remain functioning.

Companion Teleportation mod on the nexus does not seem to work with starwind companions.
Last edited by Element on March 7th, 2024, 11:43, edited 2 times in total.