We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

BG3: Any safe XP cap removers?

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
fkirenicus

BG3: Any safe XP cap removers?

Post by fkirenicus »

Topic title says it; in good old BG1 and BG2 things were probably a bit simpler, so XP cap removers were generally easy to make. Does anyone know of an XP cap remover that doesn't mess up either installation data/overwrites any data in \BG3 folder, or save games?
Have tried a Nexus search, but am not BG3 tech savvy enough to determine if any of these actually still work...

Tags:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

You should be using the BG3 mod manager to avoid having to overwrite files or do anything like that anyway.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 12:58
You should be using the BG3 mod manager to avoid having to overwrite files or do anything like that anyway.
Having in mind installing SniperChris' BBA resulting in bodiless cats - yes. That's why I am asking. :D
I looked at a few of these files and they tend to go "install in \steamapps\common\bg3 folder. Confirm overwrite".

Last time I tried that I ended up having to reinstall the game, see a couple of lines above. :eyebrows:
But I haven't found any that seem to work only by using BG3MM, but will continue to look...
Last edited by fkirenicus on March 4th, 2024, 17:56, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

fkirenicus wrote: March 4th, 2024, 13:03
Vergil wrote: March 4th, 2024, 12:58
Having in mind installing SniperChris' BBA resulting in headless cats - yes. That's why I am asking. :D
I looked at a few of these files and they tend to go "install in \steamapps\common\bg3 folder. Confirm overwrite".

Last time I tried that I ended up having to reinstall the game, see a couple of lines above. :eyebrows:
But I haven't found any that seem to work only by using BG3MM, but will continue to look...
I'm confused, you shouldn't have to manually install any of these mods, the mod manager should handle it.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

Here's one:
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/570

"1. Download chosen file MANUALLY, DO NOT USE ANY MANAGERS/DOWNLOADERS.
2. Put the file in the game's INSTALLATION FOLDER (e.g. for users with Steam, it will be something like steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate 3)
3. Right-click on file
4. Choose Extract here
The file should now unpack and AUTOMATICALLY create all the necessary folder structure.
It should look like this:
[Baldur's Gate 3]/Data/Public/Shared/Stats/Generated/Data/XPData.txt
[Baldur's Gate 3]/Data/Public/SharedDev/Stats/Generated/Data/XPData.txt"

This is the kind of stuff I want to avoid.
fkirenicus

Post by fkirenicus »

OK, this does in fact look promising.
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/377

Quick testing has revealed the level up process does indeed work as it should, but naturally, for spell casters at least there aren't many level 7-9 spells implemented, even with the 5E spells mod.
But I could level my Cleric up to level 20 using this, which means I can start thinking of really making a dual class cleric/warlock. :-)
Last edited by fkirenicus on March 4th, 2024, 17:55, edited 2 times in total.