We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

March: Starwind

Participate in a new RPG each month with other members of the HQ
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

First thing I did in tattooine was go down into the sewer and I wouldn't suggest this.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 01:36
Did you guys install any expansion packs?
Starwind Enhanced and now I'm about to try "Dark Apprentice" after I finish the Sith fleet questline.
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/51881

Manaan is one of my favorite planets in KOTOR they did a great job with it here.
► Show Spoiler
Also the ocean floor parts are spooky
Last edited by Vergil on March 3rd, 2024, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I think half the voice actors thought it was Sand-driver and the other half Sand-river.
Element

Post by Element »

Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 23:49
how do I not get eaten by the giant worm on Tatooine? And why is the main quest so retarded?
If you have sufficient speed, running in a straight line should lead to him spawning behind you. Or simply tarry on the sand for a moment, then start running away, and then when he's attacking you have your window of opportunity
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Element wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 07:13
Nammu Archag wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 23:49
how do I not get eaten by the giant worm on Tatooine? And why is the main quest so retarded?
If you have sufficient speed, running in a straight line should lead to him spawning behind you. Or simply tarry on the sand for a moment, then start running away, and then when he's attacking you have your window of opportunity
Yeah I figured it out, turns out you are just supposed to cheese it
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 03:40
f including a droid you can get 2 mins after setting foot in Sandriver
Where?
spoiler pls
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 04:11
Manaan is one of my favorite planets in KOTOR
Element

Post by Element »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 09:06
Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 03:40
f including a droid you can get 2 mins after setting foot in Sandriver
Where?
spoiler pls
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 3rd, 2024, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: :angry:
Element

Post by Element »

Doesn't even require a spoiler tbh. It's not some hidden area. Even without a completionist mindset chances are you'll stumble across it
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

WhiteShark wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 22:58
Ok, now that I've actually got it working again, I can see it wasn't just Is being weird. For some reason it isn't listening to the lines in openmw.cfg anymore, so I did the following:
  • Go to \OpenMW 0.48.0\resources\vfs\fonts
  • Make a backup of MysticCards.ttf
  • Place your desired font in the same directory
  • Rename your desired font to MysticCards.ttf
I still don't know why it stopped listening to the fallback lines in the cfg but whatever, it works now.
That works perfectly! :salute: Thanks bro, appreciate it :salute:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

ArcaneLurker wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 00:13

Please be patient. I have autism.
:Inspector:
Last edited by Atlantico on March 3rd, 2024, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

WhiteShark wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 22:58
  • Go to \OpenMW 0.48.0\resources\vfs\fonts
This is what I was trying to find first of all. :groan:
It was past midnight when I was trying.

I was working with a fresh install, so some may have already deleted the CFG lines which force the game to look for Morrowind (or whatever paths are added, like Starwind) data file fonts. I never got the same issue as you though.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on March 3rd, 2024, 13:38, edited 2 times in total.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 09:31
Hidden Content
In the zip you include, there's the "OpenHUD" mod.

The installation instruction is basically put the contents of the two folders in their respective places in the OpenMW installation folder, the "data" folder and the "resources" folder.

More specificall it says in the readme:

1) Locate where you have installed OpenMW
2) Backup the "resources" folder, this will make it very easy to uninstall later
3) Copy and paste the "resources" and "data" folder from my mod archive into
where OpenMW is installed, you should be prompted to overwrite and merge.

The problem is twofold:

A) There is no "data" folder in the ../OpenMW/ folder in OpenMW 0.48. So, that's a problem.

B) The "resources" folder in the mod points to ../OpenMW/resources/mygui/ but the correct place in OpenMW 0.48 is ../OpenMW/resources/vfs/mygui/

I placed the "resources" folder contents from the mod in the ../OpenMW/resources/vfs/mygui/, but I can't figure out where the "data" folder is supposed to go.

Well either way, it doesn't work. OpenMW just crashes, complaining it can't find some files that are not in the right place.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Atlantico wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 13:33
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 09:31
Hidden Content
In the zip you include, there's the "OpenHUD" mod.

The installation instruction is basically put the contents of the two folders in their respective places in the OpenMW installation folder, the "data" folder and the "resources" folder.

More specificall it says in the readme:

1) Locate where you have installed OpenMW
2) Backup the "resources" folder, this will make it very easy to uninstall later
3) Copy and paste the "resources" and "data" folder from my mod archive into
where OpenMW is installed, you should be prompted to overwrite and merge.

The problem is twofold:

A) There is no "data" folder in the ../OpenMW/ folder in OpenMW 0.48. So, that's a problem.

B) The "resources" folder in the mod points to ../OpenMW/resources/mygui/ but the correct place in OpenMW 0.48 is ../OpenMW/resources/vfs/mygui/

I placed the "resources" folder contents from the mod in the ../OpenMW/resources/vfs/mygui/, but I can't figure out where the "data" folder is supposed to go.

Well either way, it doesn't work. OpenMW just crashes, complaining it can't find some files that are not in the right place.
I have a directory named 'Starwind' with all those mods in it. I added that directory to the data folders via the openmw-launcher, and it asked me which I wanted to add. I selected all of them.
It's possible I didn't even install openhud correctly.

That is, I didn't follow a single one of those installation guides. Guides are for suckers.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 3rd, 2024, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Element

Post by Element »

Dantooine is awful so far. Giant maps strung together filled with trash enemies. Not many landmarks to orient you without having to resort to the map. Could have condensed it down to half the size.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Element wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 15:35
Dantooine is awful so far. Giant maps strung together filled with trash enemies. Not many landmarks to orient you without having to resort to the map. Could have condensed it down to half the size.
I feel like a lot of planets have been like that.
Be careful on Dantooine btw, you can explore too far and trigger a main quest event too early
if you see a giant rancor in the Dantooine sea zone turn around and leave
Element

Post by Element »

Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 18:01
Be careful on Dantooine btw, you can explore too far and trigger a main quest event too early
Did you have any problems getting to the dantari chieftain?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Element wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 18:54
Did you have any problems getting to the dantari chieftain?
Haven't done any of those quests yet because Dantooine sucks :lol:
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

How's that guide coming along folks?
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Tweed wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 19:03
How's that guide coming along folks?
I'll have it done on the 30th.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Mocked this cover up for my collection, just in case if you guys keep things in LaunchBox.
Hidden Content
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Xenich wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 19:20
Mocked this cover up for my collection, just in case if you guys keep things in LaunchBox.
Hidden Content
>TORtannic
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 19:44
Hidden Content
>TORtannic
Its ok, not an artist so I am fine with it. /shrug Better than a blank slot or the artwork from the mod site imo.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Yeah I did this while looking aimlessly for the escape pod to unlock this quest and it broke everything. Had to load back to a previous rest. The main quest really blows, I just speed-ran it until you retake Tarsis HQ then everything becomes more open-ended
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

Love to see this, I won't be able to complete it by March, but I am glad to be able to add it to games I can love. Thank you for this! <3
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Xenich wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 20:04
Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 19:44
Hidden Content
>TORtannic
Its ok, not an artist so I am fine with it. /shrug Better than a blank slot or the artwork from the mod site imo.
Hmm this kind of gives me an idea...
If you would like your character to be featured in a very low quality awful cover for Starwind please post them in the thread or DM me.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 22:09
If you would like your character to be featured in a very low quality awful cover for Starwind please post them in the thread or DM me.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Do you have a different cover to suggest? I did go for the classic one, the original series release poster, but it seemed out of place due to the era. In all honesty, I just grabbed the first KOTOR poster I could find, and took off all the crap, ran the text through a font generator and slapped it on with a little touch up (about 5 mins work). Besides, it was really just to put in as a filler in my collection. Those with such sophisticated tastes, or who like to complain about things they are in no way forced to use, can make them themselves.

Though, If you want to bitch about it without any useful suggestions, by all means, be my guest.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Anyone else having their disposition with NPCs not change at all? I have a reputation of 22 and I'm well into the Sith questline and everyone is always at 40 disposition never raising or lowering.
Xenich wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 22:28

Do you have a different cover to suggest? I did go for the classic one, the original series release poster, but it seemed out of place due to the era. In all honesty, I just grabbed the first KOTOR poster I could find, and took off all the crap, ran the text through a font generator and slapped it on with a little touch up (about 5 mins work). Besides, it was really just to put in as a filler in my collection. Those with such sophisticated tastes, or who like to complain about things they are in no way forced to use, can make them themselves.

Though, If you want to bitch about it without any useful suggestions, by all means, be my guest.
ESL or retarded? I'm literally saying that I'm making my own now.