Master Chris Avellone Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

So the wenches admitted to lying, defamed a man and ruined his career prospects, and they nary get a slap on the wrist?.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

We wanted to support women in the industry. In so doing, our words have been misinterpreted to suggest specific allegations of misconduct that were neither expressed nor intended. We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry.
biggest crock of horseshit I've read in a while
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The real issue is that no one in the access media will run to cover this. That's the more infuriating part.

I already tweeted at Vara Dark, because she covered his initial issues. But I don't know anybody else that was fair to him back then. If you guys know anybody, especially on Twitter, let me know, so I can spread the word.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The_Mask wrote: March 25th, 2023, 04:40
The real issue is that no one in the access media will run to cover this. That's the more infuriating part.

I already tweeted at Vara Dark, because she covered his initial issues. But I don't know anybody else that was fair to him back then. If you guys know anybody, especially on Twitter, let me know, so I can spread the word.
nichegamer covered his lawsuits iirc
krokodil
Turtle
Turtle

Post by krokodil »

avellone is such a gigacuck he makes sawyer look like andrew tate
Dead

Post by Dead »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 25th, 2023, 04:35
We wanted to support women in the industry. In so doing, our words have been misinterpreted to suggest specific allegations of misconduct that were neither expressed nor intended. We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry.
biggest crock of horseshit I've read in a while
The second sentence is an obvious lie, and why are they trying to claim they ruined his life for some greater good? Just accept you were a cunt and shut the fuck up.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Dude lost reputation, career, years of life, and a ton of money in lawyer's fees. And all that he has managed to achieve is them finally saying "yeah we lied, so what".

Avellone right now
► Show Spoiler
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

wndrbr wrote: March 25th, 2023, 10:18
Dude lost reputation, career, years of life, and a ton of money in lawyer's fees. And all that he has managed to achieve is them finally saying "yeah we lied, so what".

Avellone right now
► Show Spoiler
Hey he claims that he got a seven figure settlement from them (that includes the restoration of his attorney fees).

Of course who knows if he'll actually see that money. Blood from stones.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

What a joke lol. And even if there is a tiny chance for him to write for some rpg ever again he is going to behave like an obedient little progressive house nigger from now on... aka even bigger cuck than he already was. If that's even possible.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Avellone right now
► Show Spoiler
They didn't even say that. It was phrased like nothing they said was accusing him of anything. I'm really pissed about it. They should have at least had to admit to lying and had their reputations ruined.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Fargus wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:50
What a joke lol. And even if there is a tiny chance for him to write for some rpg ever again he is going to behave like an obedient little progressive house nigger from now on... aka even bigger cuck than he already was. If that's even possible.
Oh you betcha. He's going to write so much woke shit so as to appease any future would-be accuser. Honestly, if you are a normal white male working in the modern day entertainment industry, you are wide open for defamation. It's a matter of when, not if, it happens.

Rather this guy take this as a lesson and work from home or something.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

krokodil wrote: March 25th, 2023, 09:08
avellone is such a gigacuck he makes sawyer look like andrew tate
You say that, but then Durance in PoE 1 survived the Godhammer due to sheer luck, and so you realize that's Avellone's way of clowning Sawyer for not having a Luck stat in his setting...
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Avellone right now
► Show Spoiler
we don't know if he cares about the money
nobody really knows how much avellone is worth but he recently bought a house in an area with some of the most expensive real estate prices in the world, so…
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

One of my last posts on this matter (hopefully), but here we have Vara Dark (one of the few people to report this on his side 3 years ago, putting something on her channel)

BlueMemphis
Turtle
Turtle

Post by BlueMemphis »

So yet another #metoo accusation crashes and burns.

And as always the lying women walk away more or less unscatched whilst the dude gets to live with stigma and an aura of suspicion for the rest of his life and likely will never work on a serious project again lest they get tainted by association. Meanwhile every virtue signalling twat who jumped on the bandwagon will forget this entire thing and gleefully move on to be the patsies for the next con (wo)man to come along.

"Justice" my arse.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Chris really ought to keep better company.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

So after all of this, this bitch had to sign a two-paragraph retraction, and that's it?

Put the cunt in jail, then it's a victory.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

In the gynocracy a woman can falsely accuse men of the vilest things without any evidence and be believed then walk away scot-free. The laws need to be changed to where a false accuser gets the same time in prison for the crime they accused someone else of.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

They have to pay a seven figure compensation. That can mean a lot of things from a few years of work and it's paid off, to... monthly payment until the month they die.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Oh, I was unaware of the attorney's fee part. I thought he was still going to have to pay it. So not only does he not have to, he gets the settlement on top of it.

Their lawyers must have been pretty sure it was a slamdunk case for him then. Guess those twitter warrior lawyers were full of shit, huh?
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 30th, 2023, 22:35
Guess those twitter warrior lawyers were full of shit, huh?
They were right about jurisdiction, just not the merits.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Not a single person Chris has worked with in the video games industry actually responded to his tweet, by the way. No former BiS employees, no current/former Obsidian employees, nobody from the countless games he's contributed to. I went through the entire comments section.
Avellone has credits on at least 57 games: https://www.mobygames.com/person/13485/chris-avellone/
Sure, some are just 'Thanks' or re-releases, but still. He worked in the industry for 25 years prior to this.

If someone ever wonders why I consider gamedevs to be scum, here is the evidence I present.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

This is the YouTube comments section, so take this with a grain of salt, but I suspect this is accurate:
Bob A

acum 5 zile (editat)

I’m sorry you were attacked for offering a cogent analysis of an exoneration. I'm a former prosecutor, public defender, and I'm an appellate attorney. People demanding you prove Chris Avelonne received a 7 figure settlement are totally ignorant of the law or liars so ignore them. The Illinois court ordered the 2 women to pay attorney fees. Every law school student knows it only happens if a party has done something very wrong. Perjurious statements and libel are bad enough, but a court mandating payment of attorney fees only occurs when there are Frivolous and Bad Faith Claims, meaning allegations by a party are baseless and are used to harass and needlessly increase the cost of litigation. Bad faith is regarded as fraudulent behavior perpetuated against both an individual and against the court itself.

There will be a public statement released at some point saying that the women paid the settlement, and though the amount won't be disclosed, everyone will know that the women paid Avellone somewhere between 1 million and 9.9 million dollars. The statements released by the 2 women show that they lied no matter how they and their proxies try to spin this. The massive payments these women have made to Avellone along with their written statements were meant to buy Avelonne’s silence, meaning the agreement protects them, not Avellone. The last thing these 2 women want is to violate that agreement. You've done the right thing in standing up for justice and for standing up to bullies. These bullies will never accept that Avellone is innocent; they're zealots engaged in a cultural war and pretend that accusations of sexual assault are always true even after the facts prove that the accused is innocent, and after the accusers recant because their accusations were lies. Let this play out. Don't take the bait, and thank you for your courage.
The only part that this sounds sus is where he uses the word "perjurious", which I'm not sure if that is a word.

Anyway, the reason for my post is to underline that the Court found that the two women lied so bad, the Court decided they have to pay his attorney fees.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

The_Mask wrote: March 31st, 2023, 22:28
The only part that this sounds sus is where he uses the word "perjurious", which I'm not sure if that is a word.
It's a word alright.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/perjurious

Basically, the women lied so bad that even the courts had to sanction them. Their lawyers are very lucky they didn't get disbarred over this.