Satanic video games

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
KnightoftheWind

Satanic video games

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Diablo is literally satanic, no clue why it's so popular or even acceptable to play. The gameplay mechanics are enjoyable enough, but why wasn't it a Warcraft spinoff or anything else that is more tasteful, and where such dreadful imagery wouldn't be present?. I am tempted to say that both it and Doom are products of the late boomer/early gen-x era where irony and "sticking it to the system!" were paramount. After all, your parents must have yanked you away from your favorite video game, dragged you to church and told you to behave!. Stupid mom, stupid dad, I'll show them. HAIL SATAN!, LOL!.

But I could be wrong, after all the Rock and Roll industry was heavily based in occult practices and beliefs (as were the Blues that inspired it). So there could be something else, but who knows. And despite the fact that you are fighting these demons and monsters, both Doom and Diablo are relentless in their violence and dark imagery. Even the front box of Diablo depicts a demonic character, snarling at you. A tradition that carries forward with every instalment. It cannot be good for the soul, and it in fact isn't. Things are never just as they seem, nor can you decide to ignore these elements as they will penetrate your subconscious mind regardless. Hollywood changed the West with their propaganda, yet we think video games can't do the same?. The only reason people are complaining about modern entertainment is because their intentions are very explicit and in your face, and the scary part is that many of these Youtube talking heads would defend "classics" like Die Hard to the death, when it in fact still contains numerous subversive themes and plot elements.

Bottom line; don't play Diablo.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 28th, 2023, 04:45
Diablo is literally satanic, no clue why it's so popular or even acceptable to play. The gameplay mechanics are enjoyable enough, but why wasn't it a Warcraft spinoff or anything else that is more tasteful, and where such dreadful imagery wouldn't be present?. I am tempted to say that both it and Doom are products of the late boomer/early gen-x era where irony and "sticking it to the system!" were paramount. After all, your parents must have yanked you away from your favorite video game, dragged you to church and told you to behave!. Stupid mom, stupid dad, I'll show them. HAIL SATAN!, LOL!.

But I could be wrong, after all the Rock and Roll industry was heavily based in occult practices and beliefs (as were the Blues that inspired it). So there could be something else, but who knows. And despite the fact that you are fighting these demons and monsters, both Doom and Diablo are relentless in their violence and dark imagery. Even the front box of Diablo depicts a demonic character, snarling at you. A tradition that carries forward with every instalment. It cannot be good for the soul, and it in fact isn't. Things are never just as they seem, nor can you decide to ignore these elements as they will penetrate your subconscious mind regardless. Hollywood changed the West with their propaganda, yet we think video games can't do the same?. The only reason people are complaining about modern entertainment is because their intentions are very explicit and in your face, and the scary part is that many of these Youtube talking heads would defend "classics" like Die Hard to the death, when it in fact still contains numerous subversive themes and plot elements.

Didn't read, lol.
KnightoftheWind

Tweed wrote: March 28th, 2023, 23:41

Didn't read, lol.
This is exactly why trannies and other degenerates get to run rampant, because we allow filth to enter the public consciousness unopposed. First "Too long didn't read lol!", then "hey wait a minute why are my kids getting groomed?". Diablo is shit.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

Disagree heavily.
Diablo isnt satanic, its about a larger conflict between good and evil and what role mortals play on it. The imagery is striking, but never glorified, you are meant to fear and dread whatever is under that church. The way its shown that the weak and innocent suffer the most in these sort of conflicts, that power corrupts, that self sacrifice for something good and noble is needed, that it is not enough to vanquish evil once, evil always comes back, vigilance is important.

I dont think its a super deep game, but I dont see it as in any way satanic, as theres nothing there that glorifies satan.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

both Doom and Diablo are relentless in their violence and dark imagery.
One of Doom's main creators is a devout Christian… ish, depending on where you sit on the Mormon question. When asked about how he felt about the demons in Doom, he said they're the bad guys.
KnightoftheWind

Lhynn wrote: March 30th, 2023, 20:19

Disagree heavily.
Diablo isnt satanic, its about a larger conflict between good and evil and what role mortals play on it. The imagery is striking, but never glorified, you are meant to fear and dread whatever is under that church. The way its shown that the weak and innocent suffer the most in these sort of conflicts, that power corrupts, that self sacrifice for something good and noble is needed, that it is not enough to vanquish evil once, evil always comes back, vigilance is important.

I dont think its a super deep game, but I dont see it as in any way satanic, as theres nothing there that glorifies satan.
That's the sort of blanket excuse fans give for the satanic themes of the game, if they don't dismiss the concerns regarding it outright. Regardless of what the lore does or doesn't say, the imagery contained within the game is not good for your soul by any means. Exposing one's eyes to images of gore, extreme violence, or debauchery desensitises the individual to such topics and allows them to accept even more degenerate things. It's just a fact, it's why Hollywood had come so far with manipulating the masses since it's inception.

The jew uses media to subvert Western civilization, do we think games like Diablo or Doom are any different?. If the theme is truly Good vs Evil, why not depict this battle in a better way, rather than making everything demonic and grotesque looking?. Of course, similar criticisms can be levied against other dark fantasy titles, but the point is explicit with Diablo and Doom in particular. They hold nothing back whatsoever.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

You think you're funny, but you aren't.
KnightoftheWind

Tweed wrote: March 31st, 2023, 05:36
You think you're funny, but you aren't.
Are millennials and zoomers really this retarded?, why does everything have to be a joke to you?. I am being very sincere.
Games like Diablo are like Death Metal music, what you see is exactly what you get.
Dead

Post by Dead »

A game about killing Satan is Satanic, then a game about killing Nazis is Nazi?
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

There are many icons that depict demons. I don't think there is an issue with imagery of them in games where they are the villains against whom you fight.
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 31st, 2023, 00:28
That's the sort of blanket excuse fans give for the satanic themes of the game, if they don't dismiss the concerns regarding it outright. Regardless of what the lore does or doesn't say, the imagery contained within the game is not good for your soul by any means. Exposing one's eyes to images of gore, extreme violence, or debauchery desensitises the individual to such topics and allows them to accept even more degenerate things. It's just a fact, it's why Hollywood had come so far with manipulating the masses since it's inception.
There is some merit to this, but I just cant get behind it. There are no enjoyable rpgs that dont depict violence so what are you even doing in this forum?
Cant play fallout, cant play IWD, cant play ultima, any of them, cant play MoTB, cant really play anything.
Or you are of the opinion that you can play those games but you cant play diablo 1, then it becomes a matter of personal opinion and you are a hypocrite.
The jew uses media to subvert Western civilization, do we think games like Diablo or Doom are any different?. If the theme is truly Good vs Evil, why not depict this battle in a better way, rather than making everything demonic and grotesque looking?
Thats because evil is demonic and grotesque, and by teaching us what is it and that it is our enemy, we can better fight it. Transgenderism has striking resemblance to the grotesque and satanic images of diablo 1, and the game didnt teach me to accept those things, it taught me to recognize them, to be wary of them.
You see, you seem to believe ignorance is the better alternative, but in ignorance evil thrives.
Of course, similar criticisms can be levied against other dark fantasy titles, but the point is explicit with Diablo and Doom in particular. They hold nothing back whatsoever.
Seems like you sort of realized just how mistaken you were, but doubled down anyway. This is a jewish quality, a good christian knows to acknowledge his mistakes.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I like video games where you shooty pooty the demons
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

WhiteShark wrote: March 31st, 2023, 06:40
There are many icons that depict demons. I don't think there is an issue with imagery of them in games where they are the villains against whom you fight.
This. It's a very modern, low IQ, uncultured opinion that depicting satan, demons, hell, violent imagery and so on is somehow wrong in and of itself. It's like the equivalent of SJWs thinking that if you have a rapist character in your work of fiction that means you are a rapist or you support raping. You'd be hard pressed to find a great classical artist who didn't paint at least one depiction of hell or demons, and they were certainly all more sincerely devout than anyone alive now days.

Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Lhynn wrote: April 1st, 2023, 15:37
Transgenderism has striking resemblance to the grotesque and satanic images of diablo 1, and the game didnt teach me to accept those things, it taught me to recognize them, to be wary of them.
Thinking about what you wrote here, it makes perfect sense to me as well. A lot of degenerate and grotesque imagery in videogames taught me to recognize and reject the unnatural and freakish.

Also my culture did, demons are a staple of our churches

Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

I have never found any blizzard games fun including diablo.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Emphyrio wrote: April 14th, 2023, 13:13
I have never found any blizzard games fun including diablo.
I quite liked Diablo II and Warcraft II, nice enough for a teenage me to enjoy.
KnightoftheWind

agentorange wrote: April 14th, 2023, 07:46
This. It's a very modern, low IQ, uncultured opinion that depicting satan, demons, hell, violent imagery and so on is somehow wrong in and of itself. It's like the equivalent of SJWs thinking that if you have a rapist character in your work of fiction that means you are a rapist or you support raping. You'd be hard pressed to find a great classical artist who didn't paint at least one depiction of hell or demons, and they were certainly all more sincerely devout than anyone alive now days.

Are you really comparing the works of Medieval artists to a game like Diablo?, there is a difference between depicting satan being cast aside by Christ, and a game where 95% of the imagery you see is demonic or grotesque, for an entire playthrough worth dozens if not hundreds of hours. Would you look at paintings by Gustave Dore and say, "WAOW that's JUST like Diablo!". No, you wouldn't. This is thin justification for allowing the demonic to infiltrate the collective conciousness.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

Extremism and sarcasm diverge -> 0 as each increases
KnightoftheWind

Atlantico wrote: April 14th, 2023, 15:18
When exercising caution is considered "extremism", it's definitely 2023 alright. Playing Diablo is like watching a gorefest horror film, you might enjoy it but it doesn't make it harmless. It 'does' affect you negatively, there's no way that it couldn't.
Vic

Post by Vic »

all video games are satanic
KnightoftheWind

Vic wrote: April 14th, 2023, 16:27
all video games are satanic
They can be if you obsess over them, and make them an idol in your life.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 14th, 2023, 15:45
Atlantico wrote: April 14th, 2023, 15:18
When exercising caution is considered "extremism", it's definitely 2023 alright. Playing Diablo is like watching a gorefest horror film, you might enjoy it but it doesn't make it harmless. It 'does' affect you negatively, there's no way that it couldn't.
I'd love to see this Diablo game you're talking about, because it's clearly not the same one I played in my youth

lmao you're no Rusty bro
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 14th, 2023, 14:59
agentorange wrote: April 14th, 2023, 07:46

Would you look at paintings by Gustave Dore and say, "WAOW that's JUST like Diablo!".
I do say this.

Anyway they are two entirely different mediums, made centuries apart in totally different cultures and contexts, so I'm clearly not saying they are exactly the same, but I will compare them. Their intent with the use of demons and hellish imagery is largely the same, the objective being to instill a sense of fear and horror in the viewer at the sight of those things which are in fact horrible and grotesque. Diablo is a story about a virtuous hero resisting temptation and slaughtering hordes of demons, and in the end he sacrifices himself to save others.

madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

You're retarded. In both Diablo and Doom you murder demons and the end boss is an expy for Satan.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Shin Megami Tensei has you killing YHWH in several of the games depending on which route you take. Of course, the Japanese love to kill God every chance they get so what's blasphemous for half the known world is just Tuesday for them.
KnightoftheWind

It doesn't matter what you're doing in the game, what matters is the imagery and what you are exposing your eyes to. The church fathers warn not to expose oneself to these kinds of images, because there is a risk that it will affect your longterm views on the world and of your own salvation. A single painting is one thing, but a 20+ hour game is another. A painting is something you witness for a few minutes, a game is something you play for a long time and that's where the danger comes in. I'd argue it's more risque than a horror film, because even a horror film is shorter and doesn't remain in your thoughts as long.
Dead

Post by Dead »

KnightoftheWind wrote: April 15th, 2023, 14:18
A painting is something you witness for a few minutes, a game is something you play for a long time and that's where the danger comes in.
How many minutes would be the threshold that separates satanic and non-satanic images?
KnightoftheWind

You're missing the point, I'm saying that even if both works are satanic in their imagery, a grotesque painting would cause you less harm than a grotesque game because you can only stare at it and absorb it's imagery for so long. A game affects your mind differently than a static painting, this should be obvious.
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Knight, you are seriously being way too autistic with this.

I'd argue that Mass Effect Andromeda is much more satanic than either Doom or Diablo.
KnightoftheWind

Nothing autistic about it, it's honestly a very basic precaution to take. Only "heckin IRONIC" Gen X-ers found it appealing because they were already brainwashed by MTV and other forms of "hard hitting" media, it's made by and for them. It's why Blizzard themselves chose to soften the series' grimdark aesthetic with Diablo III, in order to appeal to more people. If such imagery were acceptable, there would be no need to do so, right?.

It should be common knowledge that media has an affect on our subconcious mind.