We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

List of woke and non-woke role-playing games

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Lord of Riva wrote: February 29th, 2024, 13:22
No, you see myths as reality, just like any feminist would.

If there were Matriarchal tribes as is suggested here, there is a reason why they did not survive in history. But as there is no evidence of women fighting, apart from a few instances of hunting or defending themselves in a last ditch effort, anyways this is a moot point.
? Amazons weren't real. They're just a coomer fantasy. This is also a coomer fantasy.
There is nothing pozzed or woke about men salivating over the fantasy of "strong" women, are we at the point now where you want to sell chainmail bikini wearing Greatsword wielding model types woke or pozzed?

There is a definitve difference between what a strong woman is and what a feminist woman is, being woke is pretending something pathologic is normal like women being leaders because they are better than men because that *is* feminist theory. Having a queen rule or a warrior that is female in fantasy is not though. Why are you always pretending there is no difference there? :groan:

Your definition of woke vs. pozzed is btw. the opposite definition of what is described in the ingoing post by twig.

There are loads of woke and unwoke devs around, studios having policies in place, just like most forums (hello Codex) like the steam forums have rules to make it impossible to actually voice dissent on these ideas, we are all aware. That (edit: wrong title in my head) avowed may be worse than Tyranny may be true but it is irrelevant, it's simply even worse.

The lists purpose is to help people decide to avoid such content, not categorizing it by relativizing everything like a wokester in disguise like you does is not helpful in the least. There would be never anything woke around.
I don't see the presence of homosexuals and strong women in a game as being "woke" which by definition is "being aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)." Tyranny makes no social statement or is based on the politics of Earth at all. The liberal ideology of the people who made it seeps in with the heavy presence of women and their being equally capable in fighting (just like so many other crpgs in existence) and the inclusion of queer characters. It doesn't laud the way society works in the Tiers as The Way things Ought to Be. Eb believes so, but that's literally just her opinion as a woman who lives there. Of course she would believe that. It would be unusual for her to not believe that.

Woke games believe depiction is endorsement and this gives you things like Red Dead Redemption 2 allowing you to go on a murder spree in towns but being unable to perform any kind of hostile action against an Indigenous American or Parvati's writer from The Outer Worlds boasting about how you can't have any kind of negative or skeptical attitude towards her asexuality (but you can kill her girlfriend right in front of her because the two directors aren't fully woke).
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

@Roguey c'mon with that dictionary definition. Woke is just pushing the liberal/degenerate/"elite" agenda. The STRONK WOMAN and homosexuals is certainly woke, one of the earliest examples even.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

I have made a new Topic, I would suggest putting the debate of "what does woke mean" somewhere else. @Roguey If you want to talk about that, follow to that topic:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1720-roguey-a-tale ... ually-mean
Element

Post by Element »

The fact that its a cyao aside, what level of wokeness would people rank Pentiment?
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

Element wrote: February 29th, 2024, 18:23
The fact that its a cyao aside, what level of wokeness would people rank Pentiment?
Haven't played it, does not look very appealing to be honest.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

There's a good amount.

There's a token black guy in the village who shows them an African bible.

A gypsy who claims he didn't do nothing.

And a feminist woman who bemoans her station in life and talks about life as if it's a story like a self-aware fictional character (all too common in post-modern works written by Millennials)

Oh and a couple of homosexuals in the cloister (no images here but according to twig this is fine :P).

Also I believe the ending is modern atheist-tard revisionism.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Roguey on February 29th, 2024, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Roguey wrote: February 29th, 2024, 19:29
There's a good amount.

And a feminist woman who bemoans her station in life and talks about life as if it's a story like a self-aware fictional character (all too common in post-modern works written by Millennials)

Oh and a couple of homosexuals in the cloister (no images here but according to twig this is fine :P).

► Show Spoiler
god that's gross. glad it flopped
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

The "woke" part of Tyranny is actually the part where they specifically say that women are the captains at sea, because they're more in tune with the moon(s).

And Kyros' gender being obscured is done on purpose. On the "Anarchist" path, for example, you can find out that Kyros visited the Old Walls at one point in a place where they knew his/her name. Those people were executed. It doesn't matter what gender a tyrant is. A tyrant is a tyrant.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

There's a good amount.

► Show Spoiler
This is what a historical game is to Soyer. The superficial appearance of ye olde tymes under a bitter jew catlady english teacher's skreed against the White Man.
Last edited by maidenhaver on February 29th, 2024, 21:20, edited 1 time in total.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

The_Mask wrote: February 29th, 2024, 21:14
The "woke" part of Tyranny is actually the part where they specifically say that women are the captains at sea, because they're more in tune with the moon(s).

And Kyros' gender being obscured is done on purpose. On the "Anarchist" path, for example, you can find out that Kyros visited the Old Walls at one point in a place where they knew his/her name. Those people were executed. It doesn't matter what gender a tyrant is. A tyrant is a tyrant.
When it comes to Tyranny I would say we are at the point where @twig should weigh the arguments and decide. There won't be consent and I think everything has been elaborated. And when it comes to the topic of what "woke" means I would ask to debate that in the other topic I created for this debate:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1720-roguey-a-tale ... ually-mean
Last edited by Lord of Riva on February 29th, 2024, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

broken roads seems to be WOKE. Absolutely full of women that act like men, cowardly men, and a very odd racial makeup for an australia post-apoc.
This playthru is long enough to make a judgment:

I'm skeptical of any post-apoc that doesn't treat women like A Boy and His Dog.

[edit]
Perfect example of feminism just being a proto form of troonery, women think rating the attractiveness of dead people is something men do and it's TOUGH
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 29th, 2024, 21:35, edited 2 times in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Soyer is a Gen-Xer
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 29th, 2024, 21:30
broken roads seems to be WOKE. Absolutely full of women that act like men, cowardly men, and a very odd racial makeup for an australia post-apoc.
This playthru is long enough to make a judgment:

I'm skeptical of any post-apoc that doesn't treat women like A Boy and His Dog.

[edit]
Perfect example of feminism just being a proto form of troonery, women think rating the attractiveness of dead people is something men do and it's TOUGH
Can confirm, from the demo alone, it was very woke but it was also so bad that I nearly forgot about everything in it.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 29th, 2024, 21:34
Soyer is a Gen-Xer
Yes, but that particular character's dialogue was written by Kate Dollarhyde, a Millennial. Zoe Franznick and Marten Rattasepp (From ZA/UM) also contributed writing.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Atlas Fallen is WOKE.
Stopped playing after 15 minutes
<Rusty_Shackleford__> it's amazing how similar every game is now
<Rusty_Shackleford__> pirated atlas fallen
<Rusty_Shackleford__> game starts with a TTN of 0
<Rusty_Shackleford__> multicultural camp overthrowing the MEAN caravan master or something
<Rusty_Shackleford__> multiracial*
<Rusty_Shackleford__> every fucking game is identical
<Rusty_Shackleford__> people were left behind because they were being hunted by …something?
<Rusty_Shackleford__> and I'm supposed to be ANGRY
<Rusty_Shackleford__> wot
<Rusty_Shackleford__> maybe I think it was a good decision?
the director of the game:
<Rusty_Shackleford__> https://bsky.app/profile/janklose.bsky.social
<@tars> Title: @janklose.bsky.social on Bluesky
<Rusty_Shackleford__> retweeted sweet baby garbage
<Rusty_Shackleford__> ofc he's some retarded yuropoor
<+aweigh> lol also tweeting about black voices
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Breathe wrote: February 29th, 2024, 17:19
@Roguey c'mon with that dictionary definition. Woke is just pushing the liberal/degenerate/"elite" agenda. The STRONK WOMAN and homosexuals is certainly woke, one of the earliest examples even.
Roguey is a mega faggot, don't waste your breath with him. He's here to obfuscate and spread discord :evil:
Last edited by Irenaeus on March 1st, 2024, 00:51, edited 2 times in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 29th, 2024, 19:36
There's a good amount.

► Show Spoiler
Was there ever any doubt it would? It looks old timey and vaguely religious, meaning many woke tards won't touch it on principle. It then insults the religion it depicts, meaning Christians won't like it either.

I assume that the imagined playerbase of neo-pagans is really small.
MadRussian

Post by MadRussian »

Jagged Alliance 3 is 99 percent non-woke. There are some characters that can be considered woke (i.e. the hijabi muzzie chick) but you can just not hire them. Or hire them and send them to their deaths. Third world island country is depicted as a third world island country: a garbage dump in a tropical paradise. There is one supposedly OP "strong female" NPC, but she's only strong according to the locals; when she shows up in an actual fight she dies just as easily as any other character. One of the main bad guys is White, but you can actually talk him down and recruit him. Enemies are in their vast majority black, as you'd expect because the majority of the population is black.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 29th, 2024, 19:36
it did? I thought the game was a success, given its small budget, and the fact that it was a gamepass fodder.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Guild Wars 2 - mild/medium

Started off as mild but has become a medium over the last few years

There are two lesbian couples in the main story (Marjory x Kasmeer and Caithe x Faolain) but both of those are in the background. I completely forgot Marjory x Kasmeer was even a thing until the surprise wedding announcement at the end of End of Dragons. In season 1, Braham - a conspicuous black man in a race made up of exclusively white vikings - is introduced (ironically his mother is white... which has the unfortunate implications that his father was yet another absentee black man... not sure if Arena Net's writers thought that part through), but otherwise that's it for most of GW2's story from 2012 through 2019. At the end of 2019, there was behind the scenes troubles at Anet where the upper management wanted to ditch GW2 and focus on developing new games that were stuck in development hell when the boot came down from above and layoffs happened. By this point the original writers were gone and a bunch of hardened SJWs come into power.

Icebrood Saga starts off kinda mild. One of the six Elder Dragons, Jormag, gets retconned from being a he into having a female voice, which I suppose was a wise creative decision since we already had three male Elder Dragon villains. Then in episode 4, Jormag is now suddenly being referred to as a "they/them". What, did Jormag fly to a city and declare that the puny mortals should address her as a they/them? Seriously, how do the characters know how to address Jormag? And the "they/them" keeps getting spoken a lot (since Jormag is the villain of the storyline and thus the characters interact with and talk to her a lot).

Also, confident badass Rytlock gets whipped by the new stronk woman Charr character, Crecia, who becomes the leader of the entire Charr race after Blood Legion Imperator Ruinbringer and Iron Legion Imperator Smodur die, even though Crecia is only a Blood Legion tribune and other Blood tribunes have more seniority, merits, and popularity than her (such as Rytlock). Even if Crecia somehow became the Blood Legion Imperator, there is no way she could become head of the entire Charr race. She doesn't have the charisma or leverage that Smodur had, and Smodur was at best able to become a "first among equals" of a confederation of Charr legions (like Gil-Galad in LotR being a High King but couldn't actually tell the other kings what to do, and Gil-Galad was the most respected elf lord). There is no reason why the Iron, Ash, and Flame Legion Imperators would follow her lead, let alone submit to her.

It gets worse in the End of Dragons expansion, when two out of the three Canthan nation leaders are females (the empress, and megacorporate president Joon), and the one male leader shown, Defense Minister Li, is depicted as a villain for... distrusting foreigners like the player character. When the player character - who is a military general aligned from a rising power to the North - barges into isolationist Cantha, barges into a top secret facility and is involved in Cantha losing their Elder Dragon that powers the electrical grid, and is also their greatest military asset/ally. No sane government leaders would want the player character to run around their country like that, at the very least not without interrogating them and getting damned good justifications. But the game demonizes him as a "xenophobic bigot" and you beat him up. Also, EoD introduces another party member, Yao, who keeps bringing up how is agender, and "they/them" keeps being spoken.

Also, there is suddenly a lot of cursing in EoD. I used to be able to play GW2 with my window open to let cool air into the room without paying electricity for the AC, but I can't do that anymore. Not with kids playing outside, and with me wanting to remain respectable to my neighbors.

World of Warcraft - mild/medium

Is mild up until Legion, which begins the trend of introducing lots of new factions and their good leaders almost always being conspicuously women. The male leaders of old factions are killed off or retire and replaced by new young women leaders, which is especially egregious when these factions are well developed with multiple characters who have more seniority and should probably be the new leader instead.

I think during a BFA or Shadowlands patch, many human NPCs in the kingdom of Stormwind was blackwashed, when canonically Stormwind is a white kingdom. All seven major human kingdoms on the Eastern continent in the present day are white. Brown and black humans do still exist, though, but if the writers wanted a major black/brown kingdom then they could have easily pulled one out of thin air on another continent given how they've been pulling new never before heard of landmasses and civilizations out of thin air for the past decade.

At the end of the Shadowlands expansion, a tranny is appointed as the new head of the afterlife. I don't think I'd trust someone who doesn't have a grip on reality with the responsibility of handling people's eternal souls...

Also, Chromie was retconned into being trans.

In the latest expansion, Dragonflight, every questline is about adventuring with a pathetic male wimp NPC and watching him get lectured by a stronk female leader. Wrathion being humiliated and lectured by Alexstraza in the Waking Shores. That wimp centaur shaman being lectured by the entirely female centaur chiefs (except for the evil male chief). Kalecgos being led around and lectured by that female Tuskarr chief and Sindragosa (who was brought back from the dead as a hologram and is now brown). That wimp bronze dracthyr in Thaldrazus, and also now suddenly Chromie is being positioned as the new Bronze Dragonflight leader who has to "save" Nozdormu and will eventually replace him as leader of the Bronze Dragonflight (even though Nozdormu's sons or wife should be the successors). You have that passive bull Ebonhorn moping after stronk female dracthyr commander Emberthal in the Forbidden Reach questline. In the Zaralek Caverns questline, the confident men Wrathion and Sabellian are humiliated and robbed of their birthright as the successor to the Earth Warder and leader of the Black Dragonflight by Ebonhorn, who has zero leadership skills or merits. Of the trio of villains, the two males are demonized while the one female villain, Vyranoth, is treated sympathetically as she betrays her comrades and defects to the protagonist's side, and then denigrates Odyn who was a respectable NPC that warrior class players worked for during Legion.

There is a funny quest in the Ohn'ahran Plains where two aggressive looking ugly Mongolian centaur warriors who are gay for each other, and call upon their ancestors to bless their gay marriage. Apparently the ancestors don't care that their children will die childless and end the bloodline.

The SJWism in Legion through BFA was in the background but now - like GW2 - it's being pushed in the foreground and is conspicuously popping up a lot.

Final Fantasy XIV

Wuk Lak - a princess of a foreign country you're going to adventure with and fight for and try to install as the heir to the throne in the upcoming expansion - is voiced by a man in the English dub. Given that the new head of FF14's English localization is a dangerhair and has one hand dipped in the game's creative process, I think this is a sign of things to come.
Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss on March 1st, 2024, 06:17, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Val the Moofia Boss wrote: March 1st, 2024, 06:10
There are two lesbian couples in the main story (Marjory x Kasmeer and Caithe x Faolain) but both of those are in the background. I
I stopped playing because they were so annoying. Every single story element was "wow we're LESBIANS… WHO LOVE EACH OTHER!!! WE'RE LESBIAN!!!"
Most annoying thing after that was the kid genius who solves every problem.
Val the Moofia Boss wrote: March 1st, 2024, 06:10
World of Warcraft - mild/medium
I think anything with a non-binary sex choice should be an immediate high imo.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 1st, 2024, 06:13, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Since we're adding online RPGs, here are some that weren't woke but retroactively made so despite the audience not wanting or asking for it:

Old School RuneScape(OSRS):
  • For context, nearly all changes in OSRS must be approved by a community-wide vote.
  • They have bypassed this vote for certain issues they know would absolutely fail a vote. This includes, by their own words, "Diversity & Inclusion updates": https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Dive ... on_updates
  • They have made frequent, unwanted updates over the years in the name of "diversity & inclusion", including so-called "pride" month celebrations. These were unwanted by the community, and had to enact anti-protest measures.
RuneScape 3:
Imagine the above, except much worse. RS3 does not use voting at all for content updates and has a much younger dev-team working on it. Most recently, they ""revamped"" the zoo, removing the ogres and replacing the cages for the wild animals with wooden fences because the cages were somehow harmful.
rusty_shackleford wrote: January 17th, 2024, 12:22
fagex's latest graphical update to runescape included the zoo area
they got rid of the ogre enclosure and replaced all the animal pens with wooden fences so it doesn't look like a jail(???)

EverQuest:
Forced pride month celebrations: https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-pride-month-2023

EverQuest 2:
Forced pride month celebrations: https://www.everquest2.com/news/eq2-pride-month-2023

Lord of the Rings Online:
Recently introduced 'diverse' character models that do not represent the actual characteristics of the Men of the source material: https://massivelyop.com/2023/04/14/lord ... gobs-more/
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 1st, 2024, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Diablo 2 remake(diablo 2 resurrected)
Censorship:
Uglified the amazon:
Turned the Assassin from white to an ugly butch asian dyke:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Non-woke recent RPGs:
Tower of Time(2018) & Dark Envoy(2023) RTwP tactical RPGs by Event Horizon. I don't recall anything remotely 'woke' about either game. Second game has an attractive, feminine female main(? Can't quite remember off the top of my head if you can choose the brother or sister to be your main) character.

Don't-know-where-to-place-it:
Showgunners, tacticool RPG. Main character is an action girl, cast is rather 'diverse' but it's set in a dystopic cyberpunk future inspired by Running Man. Also, the main character was a mother whose husband and children were brutally murdered. I don't think very many games let you play as a mother? The 'action girl' thing is entirely an act because it's all a TV show.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 1st, 2024, 07:26, edited 2 times in total.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

MadRussian wrote: March 1st, 2024, 04:24
Jagged Alliance 3 is 99 percent non-woke. There are some characters that can be considered woke (i.e. the hijabi muzzie chick) but you can just not hire them. Or hire them and send them to their deaths. Third world island country is depicted as a third world island country: a garbage dump in a tropical paradise. There is one supposedly OP "strong female" NPC, but she's only strong according to the locals; when she shows up in an actual fight she dies just as easily as any other character. One of the main bad guys is White, but you can actually talk him down and recruit him. Enemies are in their vast majority black, as you'd expect because the majority of the population is black.
I had argued that it's mildy woke at best. There are some woke stereotypes in it and quests (like the whole smiley thing) but it is unclear if it is as well played for laughs. In any case JA3 is already featured on the list.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

re: Tyranny, Barik cross-post from my mod thread
rusty_shackleford wrote: March 1st, 2024, 09:15
Further proof I just noticed for the portrait being raceswap bullshit:
Barik clearly has blue eyes in his original portrait

It looks like they may have went back and altered his eye color after the DLC?

The one with blue eyes is from the Paradox wiki, 2016: https://tyranny.paradoxwikis.com/File:C ... _Barik.png

I was wrong.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on March 1st, 2024, 09:50, edited 3 times in total.
Lord of Riva

Post by Lord of Riva »

re: Tyranny, Barik cross-post from my mod thread
Further proof I just noticed for the portrait being raceswap bullshit:
Barik clearly has blue eyes in his original portrait
It looks like they may have went back and altered his eye color after the DLC?

The one with blue eyes is from the Paradox wiki, 2016: https://tyranny.paradoxwikis.com/File:C ... _Barik.png
The raceswapped portrait has a blue eye and heterochromia. So there is no reason to change the eye color on Bariks portrait from blue to anything else.

EDIT: The Portrait of Barik still has a left blue eye in game.
Last edited by Lord of Riva on March 1st, 2024, 09:32, edited 1 time in total.