We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Palworld

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Is Nintendo still secretly running love hotels?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

They transcend the mob, they're the Disney of the World.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Nintendo investigating cock fighting rings for infringement
rockheart13

Post by rockheart13 »

It's a pretty engaging game, particularly if you're into open-world games. I enjoy the crafting and building aspects, which let you really make your mark on the game's world.
I fully jumped into the experience by getting my own Palworld server hosting set up. It allows me to customize the gameplay with friends, avoiding downtime and server issues, which has greatly improved the overall fun. So, I totally recommend it to other players.
Last edited by rockheart13 on February 6th, 2024, 09:06, edited 1 time in total.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

It seems intriguing even though the realistic guns in the hands of cute critters just... don't mesh. If the guns at least used the same anime aesthetic or the critters were more realistic it wouldn't cause such a weird sense of dissonance.

Also there's apparently zero story. I do need some reason to engage with the game though. Otherwise it's just a giant sandbox like Fallout 76.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

It looks like a meme game but it has enough engaging stuff to remain popular.
BobT

Post by BobT »

Yeah I think the guns could have done with being "in universe", like the alien Half-life / Opposing Force weapons. Using realistic guns is just silly.

Just another Ark Survival Evolved type thing. As soon as it's done with being flavour of the month, it will fade out.
Last edited by BobT on February 5th, 2024, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

SoLong wrote: February 5th, 2024, 18:59
It seems intriguing even though the realistic guns in the hands of cute critters just... don't mesh. If the guns at least used the same anime aesthetic or the critters were more realistic it wouldn't cause such a weird sense of dissonance.

Also there's apparently zero story. I do need some reason to engage with the game though. Otherwise it's just a giant sandbox like Fallout 76.
Beyond optimization issues, this was my biggest thing. The game is basically just a meme. Can a meme game be fun? I guess, but I'm not paying $30 for a meme. It's just a dumbed-down version of Ark's island except even more jarring and for only 4 players.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

I haven't played a survival game since the Minecraft alpha on a web browser in 2010. Is this game fundamentally different? Seems like you mine resources and build, and... ??? What makes this different than playing Minecraft with a Pokemon mod? Besides the hillarity of putting furballs into sweat shops?
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

An openworld pokemon game where you just freely explore and catch pokemon in an idyllic worldspace would be a gazillion times better than this slop, not sure how any actual pokemon fan can say this is the pokemon game "they've always wanted".
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 5th, 2024, 22:32
An openworld pokemon game where you just freely explore and catch pokemon in an idyllic worldspace would be a gazillion times better than this slop, not sure how any actual pokemon fan can say this is the pokemon game "they've always wanted".
That already exists and it's terrible because Game Freak is the absolute worst game developer in the world on a profit:quality basis
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Oyster Sauce wrote: February 5th, 2024, 22:56
That already exists and it's terrible because Game Freak is the absolute worst game developer in the world on a profit:quality basis
lol not sure how you eff up the formula they already have but I believe it.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 5th, 2024, 23:15
Oyster Sauce wrote: February 5th, 2024, 22:56
lol not sure how you eff up the formula they already have but I believe it.
Because they have a cultlike fanbase willing to shell out money for any product and will go to any length to defend them.
See: legions of nintentroon fans mass reporting palworld to nintendo trying to get nintendo to sue them.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 5th, 2024, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

"Everyone who supports this game just told every other company that trying hard is futile"

God... I hope all the troons stop trying to make games...
I have a feeling this is bullshit though. I don't know what about the new Pokemon games says "hard work" rather than "taking the piss."

"I'm shaking every night" :lol: peak libtard fragility

Of course they support microtransactions.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

the irony is that the game copies far more from ark and similar than pokemans
nintendo fans are just cultists
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 16th, 2024, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Ark copies from Survival Kids :mad:
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

my favorite iteration of the creature collector has to be conan exiles, where you're collecting slaves

eenie meenie miny moe
catch a nigger by the toe

genuinely no idea how this game got past the culture censors, and yes, that's my slave I caught being dragged under me on my lift up to my fort
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 16th, 2024, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Many popular pokemon romhacks try to be edgy and fail, because the autists making them are locked into what "true" pokemon should be, instead of starting over from gen1's ambiguity.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

pokemon fans are the reason pokemon games aren't as popular anymore
literally nobody except troons on tumblr care about pokemons after the first game, and that's a fact
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 16th, 2024, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

rusty_shackleford wrote: February 16th, 2024, 15:19
It isn't just the nintendo fans being retards about this. There are a ton of lefty midwit devs who felate themselves over their "creativity" and want to feel unique by making an "innovative" game. This is why they hate studios that just make fun entertainment without pretensions and outsell their crap. Ironically many of the people now siding with the Nintendo fanboys like to attack Nintendo games for being "behind the times" or "recycling the same gameplay".
LemonDemonGirl

Post by LemonDemonGirl »

Pokemon can be played on pc if you use an emulator tho
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

anonusername wrote: February 17th, 2024, 01:05
It isn't just the nintendo fans being retards about this. There are a ton of lefty midwit devs who felate themselves over their "creativity" and want to feel unique by making an "innovative" game. This is why they hate studios that just make fun entertainment without pretensions and outsell their crap. Ironically many of the people now siding with the Nintendo fanboys like to attack Nintendo games for being "behind the times" or "recycling the same gameplay".
Just like with BG3 it's mostly seethe from incompetent retards that everything they've worked on has been a flop that will never earn them any respect or recognition.
BobT

Post by BobT »

My eyes are tired so I cba to read the entire thread, but has it been mentioned that the faggot who alleged that they "stole pokemon assets 1 for 1" (with the meshes lining up exactly), literally fabricated it all because "Palworld glorifies animal abuse"? :lol:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

BobT wrote: February 21st, 2024, 01:38
My eyes are tired so I cba to read the entire thread, but has it been mentioned that the faggot who alleged that they "stole pokemon assets 1 for 1" (with the meshes lining up exactly), literally fabricated it all because "Palworld glorifies animal abuse"? :lol:
Elongated should have destroyed that faggot ass website when he had the chance.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I want all the mississippi river states and gulf to pretty much genocide everyone else.
anonusername

Post by anonusername »

Vergil wrote: February 21st, 2024, 00:39
anonusername wrote: February 17th, 2024, 01:05
Just like with BG3 it's mostly seethe from incompetent retards that everything they've worked on has been a flop that will never earn them any respect or recognition.
And anything they worked on that *wasn't* a flop succeeded because other people made it fun, not because of their "creative" additions.