We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

search engines

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

SpellSword wrote: February 14th, 2024, 20:06
Lutte wrote: March 21st, 2023, 02:38
https://wiby.me/

Finally something that can cure the internet for good. Look at this wonder. No ad-riddled, jabba the script overloaded crap. Just plain old internet websites and forums.

Geez, the codex is on page 1 of a search as generic as just the term 'rpg'. Not bad. Could do better though: I submitted the HQ to the index.

I wish I had known about this sooner. Let's submit more content to this wonderland.
Wiby wrote:
In the early days of the web, pages were made primarily by hobbyists, academics, and computer savvy people about subjects they were personally interested in. Later on, the web became saturated with commercial pages that overcrowded everything else. All the personalized websites are hidden among a pile of commercial pages. Google isn't great at finding them, its focus is on finding answers to technical questions, and it works well; but finding things you didn't know you wanted to know, which was the real joy of web surfing, no longer happens. In addition, many pages today are created using bloated scripts that add slick cosmetic features in order to mask the lack of content available on them. Those pages contribute to the blandness of today's web.

The Wiby search engine is building a web of pages as it was in the earlier days of the internet. In addition, Wiby helps vintage computers to continue browsing the web, as pages indexed are more suitable for their performance.
This one can be fun to search around and in its favor RPGHQ has been indexed.

I'm not sure what the difference is between the .me and .org versions if any. They both seem to be owned by the same person.
ImageWiby.me
ImageWiby.org
My go to test for search engines is "the moon landing is fake"
Most search engines will go out of their way and do back flips to only show you "debunking" articles from New York times or whatever. Wilby gave me good results right off the bat highly recommend
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

mojeek keeps giving me 503 because 'i am making too many queries', just fantastic
mojeek

Post by mojeek »

it's not too many queries, it's our process for trying to stop automated traffic (which comes in many varities, too quick could be one but there are others)

Sorry it's happening, if you click the link on that page and get in touch we can try and find out why and sort it out for you.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

How do we get it to display a Red7 post?
Lutte
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lutte »

maidenhaver likes to watch the world burn