The Whatever Pops in your Head Thread

Something not gaming related? Discuss it here!
Rand

Post by Rand »

The only "supernatural" experiences I've had were so nonsensical.

First, I was really sick with influenza when I was about 7. High fever. I slept fitfully and dozed that day and thought I saw an evil monster/demon head come out from under my bed and look at me. Clearly a delusional half-conscious fever dream.

Second, when I was about 13, I saw something really disturbing crossing a field towards me. It was a bright night, and there was a pitch black small something, near-walking very weirdly and a little jerkily across the field. I felt the cold rush of adrenaline, and was frozen, looking at this thing.
It turned out, after a few tense moments, to be a plastic garbage bag being blown along the surface of the ground by the wind, weirdly tumbling along like it was sort-of walking. Couldn't hear it rustling at the distance I spotted it.
Last edited by Rand on February 8th, 2024, 14:21, edited 3 times in total.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Thank you @Wretch @WhiteShark @Acrux @Kalarion @ArcaneLurker for the thoughtful replies.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

This way of thinking leads to people being very gullible because they choose to refuse to think critically or sceptically analyse anything. The problem with science academia is not that they scrutinise things and work logically & objectively, it's that they don't do that, they're not materialistic enough, and prioritise Communist sentiments and goals over the truth. Take a look at the majority of Christians, the Progressive Christians, if you want to see what happens when you don't apply logic to anything, or remain grounded in physical reality. It's all hairy-fairy idealistic bullshit that has no real basis in the Literature that they're desecrating. No different from New Age hippy stuff.

If something is true, it should have a coherent logic to it. If I find portions of a text running counter to popular held notions, this is not something to dismiss as just my feeble human mind getting confused.
I am what I am, and if being religious is always about making a leap of faith with blind disregard for every computable or processable factor, then it's not going to work for me.
When I was told about Heaven/ Paradise, I couldn't help but ponder about the logistical problems about that, and what it would be like to exist forever-- I concluded that it wouldn't be that great, especially if you had infinite memory. Besides that, it was also presented as a 'diverse' 'utopia', which I just didn't see as paradisiacal or reasonable.
If Christianity is just a misleading record with fanciful folktales mixed in, as many people claim (including Israelis/ Jews), then there's little reason to make it the basis of a religion, or use it to determine the fate of your people. The way to prove that is not the case is through a continual display of miracles, calling back to the claims of miracles written in the Bible.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 8th, 2024, 18:28, edited 2 times in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

The cute goth girl who works at the grocery store said she hopes I have a wonderful day. :blush:
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

DagothGeas5 wrote: February 10th, 2024, 12:45
>nigger movie
>protag still has to be some lightskin mutt
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: February 11th, 2024, 00:20
>nigger movie
50% apex predator 50% voodoo shaman
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

ArcaneLurker wrote: February 11th, 2024, 00:25
Vergil wrote: February 11th, 2024, 00:20
>nigger movie
50% apex predator 50% voodoo shaman
Is that why he played the mage in the D&D movie? Because he's an actual magical negro? :scratch:
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Vergil wrote: February 11th, 2024, 00:26
Is that why he played the mage in the D&D movie? Because he's an actual magical negro? :scratch:

If they don't exist, explain why wypepol aint destroyed the world yet? Checkmate.
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 11th, 2024, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
ArcaneLurker

Post by ArcaneLurker »

Why can't commies just understand their goals are futile and the explicit ideals/ values are just there to galvanise blind idealists into supporting totalitarian tyranny & banditry with a new hierarchy/ regime?
Last edited by ArcaneLurker on February 11th, 2024, 02:59, edited 1 time in total.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

If god wanted people to believe in him maybe he should send down another kid who can perform quantifiable miracles
Segata Sanshiro
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Russian president gives a 30 minute detailed monologue on the history of Russia, American president can barely form a coherent sentence and confuses Egypt with Mexico.
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 12th, 2024, 15:38
WOW PUTIN SO HECKIN BASED
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: February 12th, 2024, 15:38
Russian president gives a 30 minute detailed monologue on the history of Russia, American president can barely form a coherent sentence and confuses Egypt with Mexico.
Thank you for this fresh take. Let's go brandon!
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Shelley Duval had an ugliness that was pretty.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Mondain wrote: February 11th, 2024, 13:03
If god wanted people to believe in him maybe he should send down another kid who can perform quantifiable miracles
God has tried it twice already, once with Moses and again with Jesus, maybe even more times depending on whatever you believe. At this point just gotta judge everybody, God has tried more than enough times to save the shitters
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Anon wrote: February 13th, 2024, 01:34
God has tried it twice already, once with Moses and again with Jesus, maybe even more times depending on whatever you believe. At this point just gotta judge everybody, God has tried more than enough times to save the shitters
Yeah I guess it's too much to ask him to do something of note when we have HD video cameras.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Mondain wrote: February 13th, 2024, 18:17
Yeah I guess it's too much to ask him to do something of note when we have HD video cameras.
Faith is exactly that: believing without evidence. God doesn't need to prove anything to anybody anyway. If you can only believe in the material world you're still too blind to understand.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Couldn't he send at least one who isn't jewish or brown?
Anon

Post by Anon »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 13th, 2024, 19:38
He could, but why should he? It's you who needs the Lord, not the inverse. Maybe there's a more precise answer as to why he didn't send another Savior after so much time, but he isn't telling us.
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Anon wrote: February 13th, 2024, 19:20
Mondain wrote: February 13th, 2024, 18:17

Faith is exactly that: believing without evidence. God doesn't need to prove anything to anybody anyway. If you can only believe in the material world you're still too blind to understand.
Yep totally fair to expect the same from people who saw Jesus perform miracles vs people who are required by law to raise their son as a daughter.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: February 13th, 2024, 20:24
Nammu Archag wrote: February 13th, 2024, 19:38

He could, but why should he? It's you who needs the Lord, not the inverse. Maybe there's a more precise answer as to why he didn't send another Savior after so much time, but he isn't telling us.
Because his first two messengers were weird Jewish prophets? I am supposed to believe that guys from the worst group ever are the true incarnation of god, and the proof is to read a book written by said worst group containing a bunch of heeb nonsense and deplorable morals? If that's who god sent, or is, I don't even think I want to be connected to him. Is this really God's work, or the work of a people most known for subversion and manipulation through religious-like structures and institutions?
Mondain

Post by Mondain »

Wish nearly all my enemies were convinced that this life is transient and therefore doesn't matter, and the best course of action is to shut up and think happy thoughts. Don't even have to worry about smart Christians anymore, nearly all the ones left are either protestant Israel worshipers who think if they cuck to Jews just a bit harder the world will end and so will their suffering, catholic nigger lovers actively importing the entire third world to rape their daughter, or orthodox spiritualist Jewish kabbalah wannabes who believe every stupid conspiracy no matter how dumb it is.
Last edited by Mondain on February 13th, 2024, 23:47, edited 1 time in total.