We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The Christian Orthodox Corner

Surely this will be a civilized forum
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

>You filthy, disgusting, hateful, Eastern Orthodox, tobacco consuming, alcohol drinking heretic!
t. Christian open marriage practitioner
You couldn't make this shit up.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Happy St Nicholas day to my old calendar brothers.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

This weird Appalachian obsession I'm seeing niggas in the orthosphere latch onto is getting "did you know Santa punched arius???? xDDDD" levels of reddit tier.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Merry Christmas!

Un Crăciun fericit!
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper »

Vergil wrote: December 26th, 2023, 04:01
This weird Appalachian obsession I'm seeing niggas in the orthosphere latch onto is getting "did you know Santa punched arius???? xDDDD" levels of reddit tier.
I'll have you know I was Appalachia obsessed before it was cool.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I'm just happy to see a truly American form of Orthodoxy. It's a beautiful thing, and it sounds good, too.
boot

Post by boot »

I got an Orthodox prayer book and I really like it. Like how many prayers are toward purifying and renewing the heart. In Protestant tradition they don't really have that.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

boot wrote: January 6th, 2024, 09:30
In Protestant tradition they don't really have that.
That's my experience, too. I never got the sense as a Protestant that it was even possible to spiritually improve, which was a source of great distress to me. Orthodoxy made it clear to me not only that I can, but that I must, and gave me the tools to do so.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

CHRIST IS BORN!
Kontakion of the Nativity wrote:
Today the Virgin gives birth to the Transcendent One,
And the earth offers a cave to the Unapproachable One!
Angels with shepherds glorify Him,
The wise men journey with a star,
Since for our sake the Eternal God is born as a Little Child!
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

For some reason Americans worship us now vs a few decades ago when we were actively discriminated against by the same types of people. Probably because it's one of the last authentic and truly European places left in America, though they'd never say that outright. Soylings ruin everything and generally ignore reality though so no surprise there. Dislike Christianity in general but orthodoxy is at least better than evangelicals or the weird snake cults.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

WhiteShark wrote: January 7th, 2024, 05:33
CHRIST IS BORN!
Kontakion of the Nativity wrote:
Today the Virgin gives birth to the Transcendent One,
And the earth offers a cave to the Unapproachable One!
Angels with shepherds glorify Him,
The wise men journey with a star,
Since for our sake the Eternal God is born as a Little Child!
Glorify Him!
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

WhiteShark wrote: January 6th, 2024, 14:39
In Protestant tradition they don't really have that.
That's my experience, too. I never got the sense as a Protestant that it was even possible to spiritually improve, which was a source of great distress to me. Orthodoxy made it clear to me not only that I can, but that I must, and gave me the tools to do so.
Protestants are weird some genuinely live spiritual lives full of prayer and grace and others just use their once saved always saved dogma as an excuse to freely sin. I have met protestants who are genuinely grace filled and ones who also seem like a children's book troll who approach people on the street with a riddle and if answered wrong they try to snatch your soul.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

I got an Orthodox prayer book and I really like it. Like how many prayers are toward purifying and renewing the heart. In Protestant tradition they don't really have that.
The written prayers are great for slowly changing our outlook and teaching us to pray but the basic “God help me” or “Lord have mercy” said from the heart is still essential. The more you pray the more God will teach you and guide you to what heals the most.
boot

Post by boot »

There is a priest I watch on youtube who said "Let the Jesus prayer be continually on your lips", I started doing this.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

boot wrote: January 9th, 2024, 18:49
There is a priest I watch on youtube who said "Let the Jesus prayer be continually on your lips", I started doing this.
Very good. The prayer will change you if you let it. I strongly recommend pairing this with spiritual reading. The art of prayer by Igumen Chariton is incredible but you also cannot go wrong with any of St Theophan’s writings. As you progress God will guide you to what you specifically need and mesh with. Make sure to take time to also pray to God like a small child in private asking Him to take harmful things from you and to heal you. Offering up the broken parts of yourself to God in secret instead of hiding or being ashamed of them is the deepest form of prayer and how we truly change.
boot

Post by boot »

Wretch wrote: January 8th, 2024, 02:08
Protestants are weird some genuinely live spiritual lives full of prayer and grace and others just use their once saved always saved dogma as an excuse to freely sin. I have met protestants who are genuinely grace filled and ones who also seem like a children's book troll who approach people on the street with a riddle and if answered wrong they try to snatch your soul.
I may be guilty of this. I once went around asking, "Who was holding the second sword?"
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

boot wrote: January 9th, 2024, 18:58
Wretch wrote: January 8th, 2024, 02:08
I may be guilty of this. I once went around asking, "Who was holding the second sword?"
You’re only guilty until you realize you sinned, acknowledge it and bring it before God asking his forgiveness. Once we repent God takes the wound (sin) and the pain (shame). We are restored to our proper place as divine beings. The fullness of this is in pledging ourselves to God in Baptism and becoming His sons. We may then fully partake of His grace by acquiring the Holy Spirit. As Christ says, The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. God will give you these things and the more you use them wisely and to the benefit of your neighbor the more He will give you.

If we respond to God’s gifts with love and gratitude, allowing Him to change us then we will be as he said, a thirsty man who drinks of live giving water who has rivers of living water flowing forth from them. The heart will begin to pray on it’s own and we will become a flame of prayer, a well spring of love, joy, bravery, mercy, and peace.
Pipeweed

Post by Pipeweed »

st herman alaska is so based for publishing all those books, they also make videos

Pipeweed

Post by Pipeweed »

https://deathtotheworld.com/articles/th ... f-america/

I love this man, i didnt know he learned so many languages and translated to english. Imagine telling your mom you will become a hermit in the woods and write books for a while. I hope he made it to eternity.
Last edited by Pipeweed on February 12th, 2024, 13:53, edited 2 times in total.
Rigwort

Post by Rigwort »

Here it comes, hope everyone has a spiritually profitable Holy Week! Maybe take the week off, eh? :king: