[Solved] Graphics Glitches around Aylin

Issues & Support requests for the mod 'No Alphabets' goes here

Moderator: orinEsque

IgnoreMarginals

[Solved] Graphics Glitches around Aylin

Post by IgnoreMarginals »

Mod not working properly:

1. Description of issue
-When I remove the No Alphabets Aesthetics mod everything works normally. When it's activated, any scene cut scene or not with Ser Aylin has graphics glitches or flashing rays and tears coming off him (see screenshots).

2. Screenshot of your mods and/or mod manager.

3. If you've dropped loose files in the Game's Data folder, please tell me where and for what mod.

I don't really know what you mean by loose files, but here's screenshots of the mod folder in the game and the Appdata mod folder.

Last edited by orinEsque on February 17th, 2024, 02:03, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

IgnoreMarginals wrote: February 10th, 2024, 10:29
Mod not working properly:

1. Description of issue
-When I remove the No Alphabets Aesthetics mod everything works normally. When it's activated, any scene cut scene or not with Ser Aylin has graphics glitches or flashing rays and tears coming off him (see screenshots).

2. Screenshot of your mods and/or mod manager.

3. If you've dropped loose files in the Game's Data folder, please tell me where and for what mod.

I don't really know what you mean by loose files, but here's screenshots of the mod folder in the game and the Appdata mod folder.

Very curious, haven't encountered this issue before. Could you disable other mods and try only with NoAlphabets activated and see what it does?
Last edited by orinEsque on February 10th, 2024, 22:03, edited 3 times in total.
IgnoreMarginals

So, I'm thinking it might be a DX11/DX12 problem. I disabled everything but No Alphabets Aesthetics mod and had the same issue. But then I enabled dx11 mode in the mod manager preferences and changed the executable path to the bg3_dx11.exe and that eliminated 90% of the graphical glitch. Running the dx11 version only seems to have minor distortion under the waist of Aylin (see pics).

If it's just me and my particular setup (RTX 4090/7600X CPU/TCL P605 TV) then that's fine. I'll just bear with it rather than see all the shoe horning in of the less than 1% into my fantasy world.
If you want to do a deep dive though to fix it I can work with you and send you any logs or such you might need or tests you might want me to run. Either way, you're doing the Lord's work with these type of mods and I can't thank you enough. I wish we could set up a patreon type thing for people making these types of mods (and using AI to race swap back Ariel in little mermaid) and such to pre-2015 reality instead of all the garbage lefty attempts at "normalization".
IgnoreMarginals

Btw- Maybe it's the version of BG3 as well as I haven't updated it since I started modding. Currently on v4.1.1.376xxx
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

IgnoreMarginals wrote: February 11th, 2024, 09:20
Btw- Maybe it's the version of BG3 as well as I haven't updated it since I started modding. Currently on v4.1.1.376xxx
Hi yes, BG3 Mod manager seems to rely on DX11. So you will need that.
If you're using an older version because of reasons, then I suggest you use Vertex instead. That may help eliminate your issues.
IgnoreMarginals

So, I updated the base game to the latest version and all the graphic glitches went away and everything appears to be working great. I tried it using DX12 as well and it worked normally with mod manager. The only thing that has problems is getting Aylin's beard to show up now. His face and voice are male etc, but even with the latest beard mod in the highest priority he's still clean shaven. Fine with me though, he still looks and sounds male. Thanks Alot and I found your donate button!

I should probably do a proper search before asking, but when I have some free time after I retire I'd like to get into making these types of mods in my spare time. I'm hoping by then they'll be an open-source AI training model available that I can just upload an asset file and tell it "make this less gay and lame" and voila! In the meantime though are there any concise guides or resources for the necessary skills and such or is the process too specific for each individual game?

Thanks again and Cheers!

orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

IgnoreMarginals wrote: February 12th, 2024, 10:38
So, I updated the base game to the latest version and all the graphic glitches went away and everything appears to be working great. I tried it using DX12 as well and it worked normally with mod manager. The only thing that has problems is getting Aylin's beard to show up now. His face and voice are male etc, but even with the latest beard mod in the highest priority he's still clean shaven. Fine with me though, he still looks and sounds male. Thanks Alot and I found your donate button!

I should probably do a proper search before asking, but when I have some free time after I retire I'd like to get into making these types of mods in my spare time. I'm hoping by then they'll be an open-source AI training model available that I can just upload an asset file and tell it "make this less gay and lame" and voila! In the meantime though are there any concise guides or resources for the necessary skills and such or is the process too specific for each individual game?

Thanks again and Cheers!

Hello again and thanks for the contribution!

I'll test out Bearded Aylin and let you know :).

With regards to voice AI there are concise video tutorials on how to train and use them. (In guessing it's too premature to link them to you now?)

If you wanted to do this thoughfor other games, then you need to learn how to extract voice lines and mod them back in per game. You'd have to look out up per game or see if some voice changing mod already exists for it, to use as reference.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 12th, 2024, 20:57, edited 2 times in total.
IgnoreMarginals

I'm always down if you want to post links. If anything it helps others who have more free time right now.
How did you change the faces so well though too? I have some introductory experience with game development but never had the time get gud with apps like Blender and adobe and such, which is why I'm hoping in the future the tools will be there for something like a stable diffusion to just load assets and then tell the LLM what I want to do with it.
Same with tracking down where the dialog choices are in games like bg3 to change/altering dialog trees and plot tags. It seems like you have to reverse engineer an entire game and I don't even know where you begin. Like it would be fun to mod in an option where when you play as a cleric and you could attempt to force convert NPCs in cutscenes and such and make a Deus Vult Crusader playthrough. Or for those games where they force you to make a really lame choice or the choices have no real consequences, make them into ones that do. Or even something so basic like when you kill an NPC merchant he actually drops 100% of whatever he was selling instead of just a few random items.
Anyways, I'm rambling as I barely have time right now to just enjoy a game as it's created and modded by others. It would be nice though to have the skill path laid out there for more people to bone up on so they can make more changes to games.
Last edited by IgnoreMarginals on February 13th, 2024, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

IgnoreMarginals wrote: February 13th, 2024, 12:47
I'm always down if you want to post links. If anything it helps others who have more free time right now.
How did you change the faces so well though too? I have some introductory experience with game development but never had the time get gud with apps like Blender and adobe and such, which is why I'm hoping in the future the tools will be there for something like a stable diffusion to just load assets and then tell the LLM what I want to do with it.
Same with tracking down where the dialog choices are in games like bg3 to change/altering dialog trees and plot tags. It seems like you have to reverse engineer an entire game and I don't even know where you begin. Like it would be fun to mod in an option where when you play as a cleric and you could attempt to force convert NPCs in cutscenes and such and make a Deus Vult Crusader playthrough. Or for those games where they force you to make a really lame choice or the choices have no real consequences, make them into ones that do. Or even something so basic like when you kill an NPC merchant he actually drops 100% of whatever he was selling instead of just a few random items.
Anyways, I'm rambling as I barely have time right now to just enjoy a game as it's created and modded by others. It would be nice though to have the skill path laid out there for more people to bone up on so they can make more changes to games.
How to do voice AI:
HQ Modders Resources by OrinEsque
My guide for modding. Has a section on voice AI. but when you get to the point where it asks you to download Mangio AI, don't download that version.
Download INTER_TRAIN version from: https://github.com/Mangio621/Mangio-RVC-Fork/releases
Ignore my suggestions about using premade voice models. Making your own is best.
How to train your own voice model:

How did you change the faces so well though too?
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Tracking down where the dialog choices are in games like bg3 to change/altering dialog trees and plot tags.
There's this cool tool for BG3-Modders-Multitool that lets you unpack all the game files, and index them. So even someone without programming knowledge can track stuff down with a little bit of intelligent searching.

But dialog themselves are all present within a single file (in no specific order).
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
It seems like you have to reverse engineer an entire game and I don't even know where you begin. Like it would be fun to mod in an option where when you play as a cleric and you could attempt to force convert NPCs in cutscenes and such and make a Deus Vult Crusader playthrough. Or for those games where they force you to make a really lame choice or the choices have no real consequences, make them into ones that do. Or even something so basic like when you kill an NPC merchant he actually drops 100% of whatever he was selling instead of just a few random items.
I think stuff like that can be added as a spell that gives a permanent affect. Like "Preach". on successful roll NPC changes religion, on Fail he goes hostile or tells you to fuck off and cannot be affected by Preach again. I think 100% ware drop mod probably exists on nexus.
Last edited by orinEsque on February 13th, 2024, 18:13, edited 5 times in total.
orinEsque

Post by orinEsque »

To do:
Recheck Beard mod.