S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Heart of Chornobyl

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 - Heart of Chornobyl

Post by wndrbr »

Notorious hack Sergey Grigorovich is back in black. Will he be able to release a decent game now that all competent employees left him to working on Metro series? Discuss!

agentorange

Post by agentorange »

holographic sights will always look gay in the stalker setting
revenant

Post by revenant »

r u dumb, complaining about Tarkovsky's influence in a game series based on a Tarkovsky movie
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

revenant wrote: March 12th, 2023, 11:59
r u dumb, complaining about Tarkovsky's influence in a game series based on a Tarkovsky movie
I assumed he meant escape from tarkov
Maggot

Post by Maggot »

revenant wrote: March 12th, 2023, 11:59
still retarded i see
revenant

Post by revenant »

if you think I follow the news of shit modern ruski games you're the one being retarded
cpmartins

Post by cpmartins »

revenant wrote: March 12th, 2023, 18:28
if you think I follow the news of shit modern ruski games you're the one being retarded
STALKER is an Ukrainian initiative.
revenant

Post by revenant »

I know that, I was talking about Escape from Tarkov which is a game about whose existence I first heard here
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Russian hackers threaten to leak STALKER 2 infoz if GSC doesn't learn to love Russia and also unban them from Discord.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

media didn't care an ounce that a denuvo-free build of atomic heart leaked, now kvetchmaxxing
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

This leak is good for PR purposes - 99% of potential buyers aren't going to check it anyway, but its existence proves that the game is being developed and that it's not a scam.

Still a shitty thing to happen. Russian STALKER fans should've just accepted their rejection without throwing a tantrum. They won't achieve anything anyway.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Apparently, the development was temporarily put on ice after the recent leak due the lack of trust in the team. Regular devs were barred from accessing the gamedata. GSC also plan to completely remove russian language from the game, though it's impossible at this moment since the current build has no other languages.

https://ixbt.games/news/2023/03/18/insa ... gre-p.html

The source is very questionable, so take it with a grain of salt.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

wndrbr wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:20
Apparently, the development was temporarily put on ice after the recent leak due the lack of trust in the team. Regular devs were barred from accessing the gamedata. GSC also plan to completely remove russian language from the game, though it's impossible at this moment since the current build has no other languages.

https://ixbt.games/news/2023/03/18/insa ... gre-p.html

The source is very questionable, so take it with a grain of salt.
Everything is a psyop in the ukrop war. "Truth" is what you feel in your heart

:popcorn:
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

https://dtf.ru/life/1923160-v-ixbt-game ... game-world

a dev from GSC just managed to ban a belarusian videogame journo youtube channel by abusing copyright strikes, because the youtubers in question were making videos criticizing studio's development strategy. The formal reason for copyright strikes were STALKER 2 gameplay videos (even though the footage was taken from the official trailers GSC released themselves, not from the leaks). After getting bombarded with fake strikes, their channel was automatically closed by Youtube. When journos asked GSC "wtf are you doing", they received a typical answer "russian warship, go fuck yourself".

Journos are now forced to move to Rutube and VK.

Very normal behavior.

Post by 1998 »

This reminds me that I got harassed from 2 of my Steam "Friends" for having Atomic Heart on my wishlist.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

1998 wrote: July 1st, 2023, 12:30
This reminds me that I got harassed from 2 of my Steam "Friends" for having Atomic Heart on my wishlist.
Fair to harass someone for wanting to buy a bioshock infinite clone.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Play the demo of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl at #gamescom2023 on 23-27 August
the picture they've made for this announcement looks pretty bad tbh.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

I was hyped for this game but.. now I'm getting worred :ukraine_flag:bros.. That "vertical slice" they releases looked fake as fuck and now their work force / velocity has been decimated.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

New gameplay trailer. Looks way too cinematic.

wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/fire-t ... er-report/
Fire Tears Through Offices of STALKER 2 Developer – Report

A fire has reportedly torn through the Prague offices of STALKER 2: Heart of Chornobyl developer GSC Game World overnight. The report comes from Vortex (translated via Google), which cites two anonymous sources and claims to have a photo of the damage, which it is not able to publish. It says that the fire “devastated” the equipment and interior.

According to the report, GSC Game World occupies three floors of the building. While only one has been affected, that floor hosts the back-up servers for the studio’s data.
Dog ate my homework.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

GSC's roadmap has leaked.

It says that the game will see the light of day in february 2024.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Sergei Grigorovich is fleeing the sinking ship. Dude sold GSC Game World to... a shady guy named Maxim Krippa.. Krippa owns NAVI cybersport team, and allegedly has ties with the russian oligarchs and gambling businesses.
Last edited by wndrbr on November 16th, 2023, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

wndrbr wrote: November 16th, 2023, 00:08
Krippa owns NAVI cybersport team
NAVI's not doing that well either, but okay... it is what it is... :lol:
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

wndrbr wrote: November 16th, 2023, 00:08
Sergei Grigorovich is fleeing the sinking ship. Dude sold GSC Game World to... a shady guy named Maxim Krippa.. Krippa owns NAVI cybersport team, and allegedly has ties with the russian oligarchs and gambling businesses.
Oh god, it hasn't been looking good so far has it? The Stalker series is an all-timer for me. Loved them all. I've played some Anomaly and a few other standalones I can't remember the names of, and they're decent but a full fledged updated Stalker is needed. No reason to get hopes up though, based on how many issues they've had. The chances of a great game are slim, but if one is to come it would most likely come from a region that doesn't embrace cultural marxism to the max. I don't care much for voiced protagonists and that's in the trailer so... hope it stays there.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

The best thing that could happen to the STALKER franchise is for it do die so fans can just keep modding the old games.