We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Theocracy

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Theocracy

Post by Acrux »

I'd forgotten about this game until the developer announced new support for scenarios earlier today. At first glance, it looks like a civ clone, but it plays very differently. Difficult to win, very enjoyable game.

KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I like the description, but is it done in irony? :scratch:. With my limited experience in 4X games, I could see that the genre tends to value efficiency over anything else. The civilisation who priorities anything other than liberal values and "progress", will be left behind and absorbed by another nation. I have little interest in the genre, but if this game depicts it's subject matter in a positive light, than that is very based indeed.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

It's not ironic, but it's also not "Deus Vult - The Game". Byzantium (Christianity) is one of the options, but most other ancient religions/religious civilizations are options as well. You can select liberal values as "dogmas" but you can also not do that and still have a viable civilization.

Most of the game is fighting other religious civilizations or pagans (like barbarians).
► Show Spoiler
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

Looks like some good ol fun, might check it out. Thanks!