We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Last Movie You Saw + Rating

Movies? TV shows? Books? Comics? Music? It goes here.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I didn't go to sleep last night and watched the first three Resident Evil movies back to back to back. Even bad movies used to have soul.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I still watch the first few Underworlds whenever I get to my boat or ship. They were playing on tv my first trip.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

I don't know how many people here are aware, but there's actually two separate series of Resident Evil movies. The first series was the one made by Paul W. S. Anderson, which are all pretty dogshit and aren't Resident Evil in anything but name. The second series if fully CGI instead of live action and actually features the cast from the games (and they look like their game counterparts).

Now, I'm not saying the movies are actually well-written, and frankly speaking the first few are pretty terrible in most ways, but the last two - Vendetta and Death Island - are actually pretty fun. Death Island is great if you're a fan since it's the first time since Resident Evil 1 that Chris, Jill and Rebecca have teamed up, and with the inclusion of Claire and Leon the whole gang (sans Barry) is back together. I have to admit, the last battle in Death Island had me grinning like a retard because of it.

If you have a few hours to spare you could do worse than watch the movies - there's no pozz to speak of, the action scenes look very nice, and so long as you ignore the plot and don't try to think too hard about what is going on you'll have a good time.

I like Rebecca's redesign, the movies finally made Claire not ugly (after nearly a decade of her model getting progressively worse). Only criticism is that they use the new Jill actress, which I find inferior to Julia Voth.
Last edited by gerey on January 26th, 2024, 23:11, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

The Beekeeper

Jason Statham plays a member of a top secret group of assassins called "the beekeepers", but he also works as an actual beekeeper, and he speaks entirely through bee-themed puns (sort of like those Arnold's ice-themed puns from "Batman and Robin"). After his neighbour became a victim of phishing and literally killed herself, pissed off Statham decides to go after the scammers, and then accidentally uncovers a secret plot involving crypto-techbros, CIA, Hunter Biden, and Hillary Clinton. At one point he also kills a henchwoman by smashing a jar of honey against her head.

The only bad part was a stereotypical sassy black woman playing the FBI agent, other than that it's an easy recommendation if you want to watch some stupid action flick.

Oh, and the film also ends very abruptly. Statham kills the bad guy, and that's it - there's no wrap up or explanation of what happened to supporting characters, just cut to the credits. Blood Debts tier ending lol.
Last edited by wndrbr on February 7th, 2024, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Sexy Beast

Awesome film, was glued to the screen from start to finish which rarely happens to me these days due to my eroded attention span. It's basically a heist caper, except the actual heist takes maybe 10 minutes of screentime, and most of the film is focused on the main character (retired robber) trying avoid getting involved while being mercilessly bullied by a psycho crime boss.

- do the job!
- what?
- do the job!
- no, i'm retired
- you will do the job
- no
- yes!
- no
- yes!
- no!
- yes!!
- i can't
- you can
- i can't!
- you cunt!

Dunno why the movie is named like that. Ben Kingsley was the beast of acting, but he's not particularly sexy.
Last edited by wndrbr on April 7th, 2024, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
A Chinese opium den

Post by A Chinese opium den »

wndrbr wrote: April 7th, 2024, 06:39
Sexy Beast

- do the job!
- what?
- do the job!
- no, i'm retired
- you will do the job
- no
- yes!
- no
- yes!
- no!
- yes!!
- i can't
- you can
- i can't!
- you cunt!
:read: I feel like I've seen the movie myself now.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Das Boot (Director's Cut)

Damn, life on a Uboat sure ate shit, dinnit? Great movie though.