Jagged Alliance 3.

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Patch 1.30 that includes Bobby Ray's Guns and Things was released today.
Eyestabber
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Eyestabber »

Acrux wrote: November 10th, 2023, 02:41
Patch 1.30 that includes Bobby Ray's Guns and Things was released today.
Yeah, I was going to post that. This is the best time for starting a new campaign. The patch history of this game has been a steady incline and the game was already pretty good at release so...
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

The next big patch comes out next Monday and includes a new major questline.
Going Underground: Jagged Alliance 3 Gets Major Content Update On December 18th!

Sofia, Bulgaria / Vienna, Austria, December 11th, 2023: The universe of Grand Chien continues to expand as Haemimont Games prepares to launch the upcoming update for Jagged Alliance 3 on both PC and consoles next week. Accompanying update 1.4 is a complimentary DLC for all Jagged Alliance 3 owners, introducing an exciting new quest line.

Update 1.4, codenamed 'Wolf,' introduces a significant mid- to late-game quest titled 'U-Bahn' (German for subway). Why the German name? Because you have the chance to uncover secrets hidden beneath Grand Chien since WW2, if you dare to confront the formidable adversaries protecting them.This new quest line comprises seven expansive maps within a laboratory complex. To complement the theme, update 1.4 introduces a new underground transportation system, ensuring the name's relevance.

But there's more – update 1.4 also includes numerous improvements, long-requested by the community. Such as Sat View improvements like a revamped Conflict Screen, multiselection in the inventory, sector stash overhaul, and tweaks to some Operations, as well as many other smaller fixes and adjustments.

Prepare for a Jagged holiday season as Update 1.4 is set to release on December 18th!

Jagged Alliance 3 is available on PC, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, as well as on Xbox One and the Xbox Series S/X. The multiplayer functionality will be 'cross-gen', allowing PlayStation 4 players to team up with their PlayStation 5 buddies, and Xbox One users to join forces with those on Xbox Series S/X. Jagged Alliance 3 for PC is available for PC at an SRP of $ 44.99 / € 44.99 / 39.99 £.
Last edited by Acrux on December 12th, 2023, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

FREE STUFF, BOYS!

Rand

Post by Rand »

I like it. Good addition to the game.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Which of these games is the best and will make me feel the most like larping as Big Boss from Metal Gear?
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Vergil wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 21:45
Which of these games is the best and will make me feel the most like larping as Big Boss from Metal Gear?
JA2 ... the greatest game in cRPG History and ... the greatest example of cRPG Design.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

Lilura1 is the authoritative veteran CRPG blogger. She says JA2 is a CRPG.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Dead wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 22:02
Lilura1 is the authoritative veteran CRPG blogger. She says JA2 is a CRPG.
Two fags fighting moment
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

3 is probably best, since nobody cares about 2 anymore.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Can I make my own man and give him an eyepatch and perhaps name him Big Bossu
Humbaba

Post by Humbaba »

Vergil wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 23:34
Yes, in 2 you can even make him a stealth expert and solo the entire game. No eyepatch though, sorry.

-Hum Babaman
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

1.5 update today, mostly improved modding capabilities.
It's a Modders World: Jagged Alliane 3 Gets Free Content Update Today!

Sofia, Bulgaria / Vienna, Austria, February 6th, 2024: With its latest free update, Patch 1.5 "Larry", the critically acclaimed turn-based strategy game Jagged Alliance 3 introduces new content in the form of optional and variable rule sets, enriching your campaign in Grand Chien with fresh challenges and opportunities. Among the examples of how to intensify the trials for your Mercs are features like "Body Count," where your fellow warriors confront larger enemy squads, "Hard Lessons," which prolongs the time needed for a Merc to level up, and "Ammo Scarcity," as the name suggests, introduces scarcity of ammunition. Conversely, players can also leverage rules such as "A.I.M Legendary Deals," which reduce the starting salaries of elite and legendary Mercs, aiding their strategic endeavors. Players have the liberty to combine these rules as they see fit, shaping their challenges as they embark on their mission to liberate Grand Chien!

Moreover, update 1.5 empowers dedicated modders with extensive tools to modify, enhance, and even rebuild most aspects of the game. We eagerly anticipate the release of outstanding mods in the upcoming weeks and months.

Update 1.5 "Larry" includes:
New extensive modding tools: Create new campaigns, and quests, edit maps, and much more.
10 new game rules: Customize the difficulty of each playthrough with these optional new rules and combine them as you see fit
Some issues fixed
You can check out the full patch notes here: https://thqnordic.com/article/patch-notes-15
Rand

Post by Rand »

Fucking modders. Why would you not just archive this stuff so someone else can recreate it?
Nexus has a system to abandon your mods to archivists, ffs.

This guy gets it:
Last edited by Rand on February 6th, 2024, 19:36, edited 2 times in total.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Vergil wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 23:34
If you want to go an extra mile for this, you could mod in a custom portrait and voice lines. I can confirm this to be possible for JA2 as I have done it myself years ago and I would assume it to be possible also in JA3. Modding it in JA2 is not that hard if you are satisfied with having a static image as a portrait with no frames for mouth movement when talking, blinking etc., it's still possible to add those animations, but that would mean putting in much more work. There are links to a Polish JA2 website containing modding tutorials, which you could run through google translate. Alternatively, I could post screenshots with explanations on how it's done.

When it comes to JA3, search results yielded this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 3008772451. Judging by the comments, you could edit the stats of the merc to make it less OP yourself to not make the game too easy.