Steam's Spring sale starts today, prepare your wallet

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Steam's Spring sale starts today, prepare your wallet

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Steam sales are supposed to be larger and less frequent now so let's see if it's true.
Fedora Master
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Fedora Master »

Can't wait to pay 20% less on 5 year old games that are also shit.
Dead

Post by Dead »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 16th, 2023, 14:20
The Virgin Steam vs the Chad GOG.
They're both "Virgin"s. Give me CDs, DVDs, floppy discs in big boxes with thick manuals.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Dead wrote: March 16th, 2023, 16:39
KnightoftheWind wrote: March 16th, 2023, 14:20
The Virgin Steam vs the Chad GOG.
They're both "Virgin"s. Give me CDs, DVDs, floppy discs in big boxes with thick manuals.
Even CDs weren't DRM-free, and lest we forget about SecuRom. I'd go as far as to say that GOG is better than CD, because you can backup your game's files anywhere you'd like.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

There's always a sale going on, summer sale, spring sale, autumn sale, winter sale, Christmas sale, back-to-school sale, Easter sale, every single day there's a sale going on.

Don't lose out on those amazing offers and consume! Everyday!
J1M

Post by J1M »

The only thing a steam sale could do to excite me at this point would be to do a "buy epic exclusives for one weekend" sale.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

I bought the last two Mechwarrior 5 DLCs since I'm on vacation right now and don't have anything better to play. They've improved the AI a bunch and the game is a lot better now. It still suffers from all the badness that comes from randomly generated missions, but I'm still having a lot more fun than I did when I beat the game for the first time in 2020.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

My wallet is prepared every year.

To spend nothing, since most games are garbage or overpriced.

If the Rimworld dev would put his expansion packs on sale for $5 to $10 each, I might buy them. But it took years for him to put them on a 10% markdown.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

I got Disco Elysium. I've only finished day 1 so it's too early to make a call but it's engaging so far. I don't know if I care for the political stuff, but the cock carousel monologue was funny. Maybe I'm playing it wrong and should just go full retard. Don't tell me, I don't want to know.

Didn't get Hades. It keeps getting cheaper and cheaper the longer I wait, but the tranny portraits keep putting me off.