Magic the Gathering

For all your tabletop & board game needs.
Bah! They don't even play at physical tabletops anymore.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The Folk of Hador were ever the greatest in numbers of the Atani, and in renown (save only Beren son of Barahir descendant of Bëor). For the most part they were tall people, with flaxen or golden hair and blue-grey eyes, but there were not a few among them that had dark hair, though all were fair-skinned.
House of Hador are the ancestors of the Númenóreans
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Magic The Gathering and RPG games are idolatrous and satanic therefore should all be banned.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Someone didn't understand what "Black Númenórean" meant (and also thought that Aragorn was one).
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Pokemon, Digimon, and all Card games are tools of the dark one to infect the minds of the weak of will towards wretchedness and idolatry. Only worshiping the lord in every aspect can protect you from the vile corruption of the dark ones.

Only through toil in his name and rejection of the material can you hope to be saved and not end up at rest at the bottom of a sludgy cesspit of flame and excrement.
Dead

Post by Dead »

I expect WotC to replace an originally African character with a European next, for equality.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Dead wrote: March 16th, 2023, 02:14
I expect WotC to replace an originally African character with a European next, for equality.
Only whites can be replaced, not the other way around. And it won't stop until every card is a shade of brown.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

Klerik wrote: March 16th, 2023, 00:09
Pokemon, Digimon, and all Card games are tools of the dark one to infect the minds of the weak of will towards wretchedness and idolatry. Only worshiping the lord in every aspect can protect you from the vile corruption of the dark ones.

Only through toil in his name and rejection of the material can you hope to be saved and not end up at rest at the bottom of a sludgy cesspit of flame and excrement.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

I kinda want to get back into playing MTG again, but then I remember how much I hate nerd culture and the way all the in person MTG tournaments start 2 hours late without fail.

After going back and forth with this type of thing I usually end up playing Magic Online. This has happened to me a few times, lets see if I can resist the cycle this time.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Ranselknulf wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 12:06
I usually end up playing Magic Online.
Have you tried playing MTG with Cockatrice?
Dead

Post by Dead »

XMage or Cockatrice are reasonable alternatives to MTGO or Arena. WotC shouldn't get money.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Nemesis wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 15:34
I haven't. I did look around at those free to play versions with all the cards free, but I just didn't see that many people there.

Ie.. I couldn't log in and play a game without waiting a long time.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Ranselknulf wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 01:12
Nemesis wrote: March 22nd, 2023, 15:34
I haven't. I did look around at those free to play versions with all the cards free, but I just didn't see that many people there.

Ie.. I couldn't log in and play a game without waiting a long time.
Tabletop Simulator has a ton of decks and deck builders for people. You might want to give that a look.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Ranselknulf wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 01:12
I couldn't log in and play a game without waiting a long time.
The majority of people who play MTG on Cockatrice organize games through Discord. When I played -- mostly EDH -- it took me a fraction of the time to get a game going in the LFG channels than in the client lobby.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

American degeneracy and their nigger worshipping. WTF is wrong with you people? @rusty_shackleford

(by you people I mean the nigger lovers and degenerates)

(((and those people)))
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

I have no idea what's going on with this game anymore.

I played it a couple of years ago, and managed to get a deck to the mythic level. The concept of the deck back then was to ignore every piece of advice of the "masters" and go from there. So I ended up with a 250 card fucktarded deck. I bet the card list is still listed on the old website.

Anyhow, I decided to try this game again since I still like video games and I can only really play games for 20 or 30 minutes at a time right now. MTGA is perfect for a quick match.

Currently, MTGA has a new card type called battlefields which don't have a lot of targeted removal cards for them at the moment. I've been using "exile anything" or "destroy anything" cards to deal with them, but I'd like to see more targeted removals for those types of cards.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

My current nonsense. Got this deck to diamond level.

Maybe with a few tweaks I can reach mythic again. Laugh at the absurdity of this deck.
► Show Spoiler
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

The MTG game appears to have gotten a steam release, guess it was on the epic store before?
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

The steam release has a bunch of reviews about people using hacks to take multiple turns or do other sorts of nonsense.

Not sure I believe it, but it could be true I suppose. Near the date of the steam release, I definitely noticed an increase in the times I would randomly get disconnected from the game when I was winning. Although, I just close the game out and restart it when that happens. I can normally get back into the game before my timers run out and keep playing.

I'm sure there are people who use dirty tricks like this to "win", but its just a game to me so I don't bother with that nonsense.

The random disconnects seem to have gone down a bit, but I just always assume people can view my hand anyways, so it helps when I play retard madness strategy to confuse and distract opponents.
jcd

Post by jcd »

They turned MTG into a live service mobile game. Look how they massacred my boy.
Dead

Post by Dead »

MTG started declining with Weatherlight when it started imitating superhero comic books. Cards that used to be concise representations of other worlds in earlier sets were replaced with low-quality comic book panels. The last few years they ruined the game to such an extreme degree that most of the players I know who played the game for decades stopped playing completely or limit themselves to fringe formats like 93/94.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Those that play MTG love Niggeragorn and the raping of Tolkien's work.
Ranselknulf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ranselknulf »

Bros, I hear what you are saying, but take a moment to hear me out.

MTG just released a Lord of the Rings card set, and I'm sure it won't be too long until we can use exclusive cards that reference Amazon's The Rings of Power.

Magic is far from dead. (see OP)
madbringer
Turtle
Turtle

Post by madbringer »

Acrux wrote: March 15th, 2023, 23:29
Cool new LOTR set for MTG

Bet those cards will be worth like 50k dollars in 10 years. Truly a collector item. And evidence on race cucking.
Dead

Post by Dead »

Some custom old-style cards from Bohemian Cube to counter the nu-mtg ugliness:
► White
► Blue
► Black
► Red
► Green
► Brown
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

MadPreacher wrote: June 1st, 2023, 18:56
Tolkien himself prepared fantasy for racemixing with his man and elf romances.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

maidenhaver wrote: June 9th, 2023, 17:10
Who are both white...
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

MadPreacher wrote: June 9th, 2023, 17:21
maidenhaver wrote: June 9th, 2023, 17:10
Who are both white...
Were they separate races, yes or no?