We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Heimat Defender 2. Game from german devs about our (incoming) cyber-dystopia

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Thor Kaufman
Turtle
Turtle

Heimat Defender 2. Game from german devs about our (incoming) cyber-dystopia

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Has difficulty levels ranging from affirmative action to white man. English translation is in the works afaik. Very inclusive.
Last edited by Thor Kaufman on January 27th, 2024, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
Consul

Post by Consul »

Bought it on release and after playing it for 3 hours on and off I can say that the gameplay is pretty fun. I don't typically play these types of games so it took a moment for me to get used to its flow, but when it happened I had a pretty great experience. It somehow reminded me of the 2D platformer Jazz Jackrabbit, which I loved to play when I was a kid. The game can be quite challenging, died 3 times already, each time to a new map boss, playing it on the optional perma death difficulty, so each death means starting from the first level, it's not a complete erasure of progress, because character upgrades carry over to your next run if you fail. Layouts of the maps are randomly generated, so repeating them doesn't feel stale. The greatest thing about the game is its humor and its portrayal of a woke cyberpunk dystopia where technocratic elites rule over subhuman consumer masses and where any notion of ethnic/racial identity and any traditional sentiment are brutally stamped out. There is a lot of references to meme culture and personalities of the dissident right. This is a truly based game and a counter cultural work, I don't know if anything similar is even available on Steam. I hope to see more from the developers of this game. Thanks @Thor Kaufman for mentioning it on this forum.
Last edited by Consul on February 2nd, 2024, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Weird coincidence that I just heard about Domina yesterday and that was delisted from Steam recently because the dev was anti-woke.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/535230/d ... 179776807/

(Relevant because I saw "is this another Domina" questions in the steam forum.)
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Acrux wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 20:59
Weird coincidence that I just heard about Domina yesterday and that was delisted from Steam recently because the dev was anti-woke.
iirc it got delisted because he was breaking steam rules or something
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

That's what they want you to believe. :rip:

According to a tranny lover, it's because he insulted a tranny. Who knows?
https://www.pcgamer.com/domina-has-been ... -diatribe/
Last edited by Acrux on February 2nd, 2024, 21:07, edited 1 time in total.