We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Clockwork Revolution (aka Arcanum 2) by InXile from former Troika devs

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Tweed wrote: February 1st, 2024, 22:33
Element wrote: February 1st, 2024, 12:32
I hate the whimsical aspect of steampunk. Stupid, ugly, reddit.
That's just the masses getting ahold of it and making it le quirky like they do with everything else.
Strongest argument for caste systems
Element

Post by Element »

Also, Arcanum had an actual race war quest, and a quest about uncovering that vile je.. gnomish deep state that had all the royal women forcibly x bred with ogres out of sheer racial spite and hatred. Incredibly based. Even if this game had all the right aesthetics and music, it still would be far away from truly being a 'spiritual successor'
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Element wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 10:41
Also, Arcanum had an actual race war quest, and a quest about uncovering that vile je.. gnomish deep state that had all the royal women forcibly x bred with ogres out of sheer racial spite and hatred. Incredibly based. Even if this game had all the right aesthetics and music, it still would be far away from truly being a 'spiritual successor'
That quest was written by Leonard Boyarsky who is Jewish. It was a shitposting Jewish flex.
Element

Post by Element »

Roguey wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 11:40
That quest was written by Leonard Boyarsky who is Jewish. It was a shitposting Jewish flex.
Think Boyarsky has significant east european ancestry, he even slipped up and said he's Russian in the big interview with Cain. Don't think that quest was consciously and deliberately planned out to be what it became.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Roguey wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 11:40
proof?

Reminder that the writer for Arcanum was one Edward R. G. Mortimer, who was hired because he wrote for Judges guild.
Now go google 'judges guild controversy'.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on February 2nd, 2024, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Timestamped
I think people read anti-semitic things into it at one point because you know, unfortunately in fantasy, gnomes have big noses and are short and they like money - which didn't come from us and I don't know if that was racist when it first was was developed - but that's a fantasy thing but I thought you know first of all we didn't think that far into it and I did think about that though when I was developing the quest and I'm like you know what I have the perfect defense about that because I'm Jewish, so I can, because it's not meant it wasn't intended, but I did I did have in the back of my mind "I wonder if people are going to read this as some kind of weird conspiracy thing."
Last edited by Roguey on February 2nd, 2024, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

That quotation doesn't back up your assertion that it was a flex, Roguey.
Last edited by Acrux on February 2nd, 2024, 16:19, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Roguey wrote: February 2nd, 2024, 16:10
Timestamped
I think people read anti-semitic things into it at one point because you know, unfortunately in fantasy, gnomes have big noses and are short and they like money - which didn't come from us and I don't know if that was racist when it first was was developed - but that's a fantasy thing but I thought you know first of all we didn't think that far into it and I did think about that though when I was developing the quest and I'm like you know what I have the perfect defense about that because I'm Jewish, so I can, because it's not meant it wasn't intended, but I did I did have in the back of my mind "I wonder if people are going to read this as some kind of weird conspiracy thing."
gnomes loving money is almost entirely unique to arcanum, that's one of the traits that stayed with dwarves in the dwarf/gnome split.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

You wouldn't see a jew working with Todd Howard back in the day, oh no. That's why Elder Scrolls will always be based, and Fallout was never good :smug:
Anon

Post by Anon »

This would be Phyre's design if Paradox hired former Troika devs to make VTMB 2 instead of TCR.

We can only conclude some people become more retarded as they get older.