We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Vampire: The Masquerade® - Bloodlines™ 2

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

The punching sound effect sounds like a recording of someone slapping a piece of pork belly.
Mairon

Post by Mairon »

Are they just activating an ability with that flurry of fists? Because it looks really stale and like it loses its appeal about the second time you ever do it if you even somehow liked it the first time.

So is this a lose-lose situation if it ends up as bad as it looks? Lose if it does well anyway and they keep making shit like this and lose if it does poorly because why give VTM(B) another attempt?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

The flames of my demons burn like phyre.... fabien... let's rock!
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I don't understand why they keep showing off punching in all of their trailers. Does anyone associate vampires with punching?
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 31st, 2024, 19:46
I don't understand why they keep showing off punching in all of their trailers. Does anyone associate vampires with punching?
Unarmed combat was a solid part of the first one, because it made feeding easier.

Also... as a monk player, I admit to approving their approach. :eyebrows:
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

It's a lefty dogwhistle thing. "Punch a nazi" etc, they're obsessed with that for some reason.
Anon

Post by Anon »

1998 wrote: January 31st, 2024, 16:14
I almost don't want to shit on it too much, really impressive they got the balls to show that gameplay. Would certainly do better without.
Honestly Paradox shouldn't even have leaked the studio, as they clearly don't give a fuck about community feedback anyways. Should've just made all of the development a secret until release day, would've been best for everybody.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

The_Mask wrote: January 31st, 2024, 19:53
Unarmed combat was a solid part of the first one, because it made feeding easier.

Unarmed combat and spells are your only means of attacking. There is no inventory.

The Hardsuit version got rid of guns you could keep, this version got rid of everything else. "Ability tree" suggests there aren't any non-combat skills. Cutting it down to the bone to ship by the end of 2024.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

I would be legitimately embarrassed to put out a gameplay showcase like this.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Roguey wrote: January 31st, 2024, 20:04

Unarmed combat and spells are your only means of attacking. There is no inventory.

The Hardsuit version got rid of guns you could keep, this version got rid of everything else. "Ability tree" suggests there aren't any non-combat skills. Cutting it down to the bone to ship by the end of 2024.
Wait, you can't even use a knife or a sword? I'm so excited for this game.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 31st, 2024, 20:44

Wait, you can't even use a knife or a sword? I'm so excited for this game.
maybe they'll make it like Doom where you access your weapons with keystrokes and don't manage inventory.
Last edited by Anon on January 31st, 2024, 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

2 100 likes vs 2 400 dislikes.

At least some common decency and faith still exist out there.

Also: whoever came up with the voice-in-the-head-Fabio, should be shot and the cost of the bullet sent to his family... in Minecraft, obviously.

edit: spelling mistakes
Last edited by The_Mask on January 31st, 2024, 21:09, edited 2 times in total.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

Roguey wrote: January 31st, 2024, 02:51

Gameplay reveal 13 hours from now.
Seems like there've been zero improvements since the last video I saw. Especially the horrendous lip-synching.

Here's a mental enema for anyone unfortunate enough to watch this subpar cashgrab in action.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Mairon wrote: January 31st, 2024, 18:22
Are they just activating an ability with that flurry of fists? Because it looks really stale and like it loses its appeal about the second time you ever do it if you even somehow liked it the first time.

So is this a lose-lose situation if it ends up as bad as it looks? Lose if it does well anyway and they keep making shit like this and lose if it does poorly because why give VTM(B) another attempt?
I can say for myself I'll pirate it at most, just to say I checked it out.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

Teacher says show your work. You only have one work.
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

The universe is really going out of its way to prove me right about the gun design in the last version being fine.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

In Kamala's America, there won't be any games with guns.
WaterMage

Post by WaterMage »

• Dialog wheel
  • Androgynous IDK if is male of female MC
  • MC with voices in his head
  • brujah elder with little to no muscle mass
    (...)
Hard pass. I had no expectations but this trailer killed my expectations even more. Seriously, any elder vampire would look and act like a European aristocrat, not a teen genderfluid tiktoker.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Which vampire clan ritually sacrifices babies to remphan in synogogues?
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Anon wrote: January 31st, 2024, 21:02
maybe they'll make it like Doom where you access your weapons with keystrokes and don't manage inventory.
None of the videos have shown the player character wielding a weapon. Occam's razor - there are no weapons.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Roguey wrote: January 31st, 2024, 23:44
Anon wrote: January 31st, 2024, 21:02
None of the videos have shown the player character wielding a weapon. Occam's razor - there are no weapons.
Yeah I'm not a fool to give this studio any copium, you're most likely right.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Roguey wrote: January 31st, 2024, 02:51

Gameplay reveal 13 hours from now.
why would they show a fucking dream sequence for a gameplay reveal? With a voice in your head to boot? Anyways, its also made with unreal so expect it to have both terrible, sweet baby approved writing and a 130gb install for a completely unoptimized mess.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Are you guys not eager to play this amazing protagonist? Damn you're all so demanding!
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: February 1st, 2024, 00:43

Are you guys not eager to play this amazing protagonist? Damn you're all so demanding!
wait so there's no custom character???
Anon

Post by Anon »

Nammu Archag wrote: February 1st, 2024, 00:46

You can choose either female Phyre or male Phyre, is it not enough??

Bet they'll soon change it to either "Phyre A" or "Phyre B" to fit modern social standards.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Looks worse than that janky first gameplay showcase from Hardsuit released twenty years ago.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

Anon wrote: February 1st, 2024, 00:57
Nammu Archag wrote: February 1st, 2024, 00:46

You can choose either female Phyre or male Phyre, is it not enough??

Bet they'll soon change it to either "Phyre A" or "Phyre B" to fit modern social standards.
what a joke. Hope they are forced to delay and go bankrupt before they can release this congihazard onto the world
DagothGeas5

Post by DagothGeas5 »

I remember how interested I was the first time I heard they were making a sequel to one of my favourite games. I cannot stand to even see this atrocity written in text now. If it manages to release, I hope it gets run into the ground with reviews and word of mouth, and if it is moddable, I look forward to "journalists" crying that people are playing their game the way they want to play it, though I doubt any mod can save this thing.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

DagothGeas5 wrote: February 1st, 2024, 01:33
I remember how interested I was the first time I heard they were making a sequel to one of my favourite games. I cannot stand to even see this atrocity written in text now. If it manages to release, I hope it gets run into the ground with reviews and word of mouth, and if it is moddable, I look forward to "journalists" crying that people are playing their game the way they want to play it, though I doubt any mod can save this thing.
it won't be very moddable because unreal is a nightmare to work with
Anon

Post by Anon »

You can't mod something out of something that has no substance to begin with. Games that are "fixed" by mods have something in their essence to work with, this game doesn't