Starfield - Todd Howard's latest masterpiece

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Hi guys, what's going on in this thread? lol
Lhynn
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Lhynn »

The_Mask wrote: March 13th, 2023, 23:49
Hi guys, what's going on in this thread? lol
Kwans insiting that men can be women, women can be men, and that their customary system is better than the rest of the world.

You know, them being wrong, fat, gay and retarded for the sake of being wrong, fat, gay and retarded.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

No need to argue over such trivial matters, friends. Metric, Imperial, they're just methods of measurement!.
NEG
Turtle
Turtle

Post by NEG »

It's always amusing to see thirdworlders and Europoors are so butthurt at America that they can't even write 'America'.
Lhynn wrote: March 14th, 2023, 00:07
insiting that men can be women, women can be men
And where did this idea come from?

Oh, right: Europe. Same place as this metric faggotry.

Disgusting.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 14th, 2023, 05:50
No need to argue over such trivial matters, friends. Metric, Imperial, they're just methods of measurement!.
Curiously it evokes more drama than Todd's new bland game.
KnightoftheWind

Microtransactions and sex scenes apparently confirmed for Soyfield. Get your pre-orders in, my fellow gaymers!.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

KnightoftheWind wrote: May 10th, 2023, 03:27
sex scenes apparently confirmed for Soyfield.
"The game contains some suggestive material in the dialogue, and after sharing a bed with characters"

seems like just a harmless fade to black, like in Fo4.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I guess it's understandable that they have removed Tereshkova since she's still alive and is currently serving in Putin's party. But removing Gagarin was a pretty shitty move.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I'm looking forward to the ship building. :)
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Yes, if ship to ship combat is fun, and the spaceships can look cool, then that alone will make the game. I don't think the spaceships look good, I'm not a fan of sputnigger punk, but with mods all things are possible.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

It'll be the greatest game ever made right after you install the unofficial patch (galactic edition), SFSKE, mesh fixes v2.0, crash and stutter fixer, view distance fix, StarfieldUI (GE), playable aliens, new ship parts, more ship parts, even more ship parts, skip intro, fixes for playable aliens, my little pony hairstyles, Starfox Races, Bob's Idle Animationsv3 (GE), space age guns, star wars weapons, schlongs of starfield, boob physics, space magic, space vampires, WH40K armor, dialogue fix, star trek mod, spacesexlab, animated tentacle dongs, firefly mod, A.C.R.O.N.Y.M., better stars, better planets, better storage, item sorter, unlimited decorations on spaceships(unstable!), realistic combat and dodge, new improved textures for everything, texture patch, Dead Space, fix ship combat, realistic horse vaginas, yet another hair mod, overlays, fix for overlays, super duper 50GB overhaul, bashed patch, disable creation club, disable creation club (no really), script lag fix, memory management replacer, CBBEUNPHDTBBQ, hoverboards, patchfixreplacementreplacer(LOAD LAST!!!).
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Tweed wrote: June 12th, 2023, 06:38
It'll be the greatest game ever made right after you install the unofficial patch (galactic edition), SFSKE, mesh fixes v2.0, crash and stutter fixer, view distance fix, StarfieldUI (GE), playable aliens, new ship parts, more ship parts, even more ship parts, skip intro, fixes for playable aliens, my little pony hairstyles, Starfox Races, Bob's Idle Animationsv3 (GE), space age guns, star wars weapons, schlongs of starfield, boob physics, space magic, space vampires, WH40K armor, dialogue fix, star trek mod, spacesexlab, animated tentacle dongs, firefly mod, A.C.R.O.N.Y.M., better stars, better planets, better storage, item sorter, unlimited decorations on spaceships(unstable!), realistic combat and dodge, new improved textures for everything, texture patch, Dead Space, fix ship combat, realistic horse vaginas, yet another hair mod, overlays, fix for overlays, super duper 50GB overhaul, bashed patch, disable creation club, disable creation club (no really), script lag fix, memory management replacer, CBBEUNPHDTBBQ, hoverboards, patchfixreplacementreplacer(LOAD LAST!!!).
this, but unironically.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I don't know who watched the whole vid, but other than awkward confessions of love, they also showed Dragonborn powers. Thu'um is confirmed, I'm not even memeing.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

they even include food for people who like shr*mp
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

You will never meme me to eat bugs.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

"I'm very much a stealth player"
god bless Todd for including this
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

rusty_shackleford wrote: June 12th, 2023, 11:49
What? Doing things in a game that we can't do in real life?!
That's how this works.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

maidenhaver wrote: June 12th, 2023, 11:58
rusty_shackleford wrote: June 12th, 2023, 11:49
What? Doing things in a game that we can't do in real life?!
That's how this works.
I always play myself in games, which is why the TES games feel so natural.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

why does time have to be linear I want to play NOWWWWWWWWWWWW
revenant

Post by revenant »

it's 2023 and not even codexers but the new camp ex-codexers are still waiting for the next bethesda game

absolutely breathtaking
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

revenant wrote: June 12th, 2023, 14:28
it's 2023 and not even codexers but the new camp ex-codexers are still waiting for the next bethesda game

absolutely breathtaking
The Art of the Deal wrote:
People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

I will never buy Bethesda games again, just because Microsoft fly the pride flags, but I know Todd would just be happy I play his games.
KnightoftheWind

At least the Adoring Fan cameo'd in the trailer, so I guess Soyfield is worth a look. But we've been down this road with Fallout 4, and it ended up being the most mediocre crap I've played in the 2010s. If there's something Todd Howard is masterful at, it's selling you stuff.

Edit: Requirements are pretty damn high, too.
MINIMUM:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required
wishbonetail

Post by wishbonetail »

Wondering, should I wait for a year again for survival mode to be implemented, like in F4?
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

KnightoftheWind wrote: March 8th, 2023, 15:23
I couldn't be less excited about this if I tried. From what gameplay we've seen it's basically Bethesda's version of Destiny crossed with No Man's Sky. Which is fine in and of itself, being derivative doesn't make it bad, but then you see all the pozzed shit and the sleek corporate trailers like this and you just know it's going to be a bad time.
You know they're going to milk this for a decade, just like Skyrim.