We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

[Blizzard] When Goblin Kotick is away, the Soy's come out to play

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

[Blizzard] When Goblin Kotick is away, the Soy's come out to play

Post by Shillitron »

Well Bobby has left Blizzard now..

We've always heard what a horrible person he is.. but seeing all these blizzard developers screaming out in rage AFTER he leaves the company.. I dunno.. :scratch:

Was he actually based?

If you guys find more tweets post em - Ideally Blizzard / Activision Employee's only though. No literally who's .

---

i worked on COD for two years as a programmer at demonware

bobby's decisions made our games worse

in my first month it came out he threatened to have an employee killed. in the all-hands that followed, no-one wanted to speak first. so i demanded his firing in front of everyone
Translation

> Employees being lazy drinking to many soy lattes and not making me money
> "just kill them"

:scratch:

Breaking my silence to share a fun fact: when we planned OW2’s steam launch, my team warned (months in advance) that we’re going to be review bombed. We begged for more information, more details, and more resources to help us with the anticipated influx, all flatly denied.

Moderation of steam was put on the community team (not a function of community at Blizz), despite my refusal to want to expose members of my team to that level of toxic content/posts. When asked whose decision it was to launch on Steam with no additional help: Bobby
Translation

> Put OW on steam I wanna make more money
> b-b-but bobby.. my team will have to experience toxic feedback
> Lol

Bobby Kotick is called as "暴毙烤dick" (sudden death and dick burning) and widely considered as "the guy to blame" for Blizzard games to end its service in China. There are even groups of people lighting fireworks to celebrate his departure. That's how much he is hated in China.

Translation

> Hey ching chongs I want more money
> No Bobbyru.. you are too greedy.. you not follow china numba 1 rules
> K, no more wow now ching chongs

batrick - senior wow game designer
eat shit Bobby Kotick you pathetic ghoul. waste the millions you didn’t earn from people whose talent and light you will never understand.

Translation

> Bobby we made this amazing game you - you need to respect our hard work and efforts!!
> lol here's a wow store coupon
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE TOXIC FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO MAKE GARBAGE WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME SO
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

Kotick is just one man, and is replaceable. If it isn't him, it's going to be someone else. I expect people to start whining about the new CEO or Microsoft.

As for current Blizzard employees criticizing their former boss on social media, sounds risky. Feels like these people forgot how replaceable they are, with the labor pool for the videogame industry bring huge. I wonder if they feel like they can get away with it because Blizzard's reputation has been dragged through the dirt by the mainstream media outlets for the past few years and Blizzard higherups don't want to be seen as shutting people down for "speaking up".
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

I thought at this point it was a common knowledge that Kotick is 1) based 2) likely one of the reasons Activision isn't a completely dysfunctional shitshow.

The company will go for the worse with him gone, just like Disney and Marvel went to shit after they fired Ike Perlmutter.
Last edited by wndrbr on January 1st, 2024, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

aweigh wrote: January 1st, 2024, 03:35
NOOOOOOOOOOO NOT THE TOXIC FEEDBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO MAKE GARBAGE WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME SO
That was their biggest complaint?. "NOOOOO I DONT WANT TO FACE CONCEQUENCES FOR MAKING A BAD GAME!. IT'S JUST TOO TOXIC!"
Too bad all of Blizzard's modern developers didn't join Bobby.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Kotick may be an asshole but given the kindergarten he observed, he was the necessary asshole.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Must simp for man who oversaw dozens of shit games because his company will continue to make shit games without him
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

wndrbr wrote: January 1st, 2024, 04:06
I thought at this point it was a common knowledge that Kotick is 1) based 2) likely one of the reasons Activision isn't a completely dysfunctional shitshow.
The company will go for the worse with him gone, just like Disney and Marvel went to shit after they fired Ike Perlmutter.
I don't disagree but let's not suck bobby's dick too much here. AKA It's not so black and white.

He's been speed running the degradation of the gaming landscape for the last 15 years. Bobby is infamous for designing an ecosystem of gaining more wealth for zero value add. He doesn't make more games or better games to garnish funds. He just adds microtransactions and DLC and bullshittery to existing games. It's commonplace today but the concept of "games as a service" and "battlepass microtransaction lootbox skins" were all arguably pioneered by Kotick, Gabe and Riccitiello and whatever eurofags run Take Two & Ubishit. INB4 it was inevitable blah blah.

At least he respected his fiduciary duty to his shareholders and put his whiny nursery of devs into their place but that's about where it ends.
Last edited by Shillitron on January 1st, 2024, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 1st, 2024, 05:13
Must simp for man who oversaw dozens of shit games because his company will continue to make shit games without him
Not really, I am just waging that given the 'reaction score' on twitter the games will be even more shit now. Kotick tried to reign them in.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

wait what
Shillitron wrote: January 1st, 2024, 03:11

Breaking my silence to share a fun fact: when we planned OW2’s steam launch, my team warned (months in advance) that we’re going to be review bombed. We begged for more information, more details, and more resources to help us with the anticipated influx, all flatly denied.

Moderation of steam was put on the community team (not a function of community at Blizz), despite my refusal to want to expose members of my team to that level of toxic content/posts. When asked whose decision it was to launch on Steam with no additional help: Bobby
Translation

> Lol
Moderation of steam was put on the community team (not a function of community at Blizz),
???
He just made it your function. He's your boss.
How fucking entitled do you have to be to think you can just deny doing tasks that clearly fall under the domain of your job description?
Decline

Post by Decline »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 1st, 2024, 18:19
How fucking entitled do you have to be to think you can just deny doing tasks that clearly fall under the domain of your job description?
Imagine not being fired on the spot. What the fuck?
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Atlantico wrote: January 1st, 2024, 19:40
rusty_shackleford wrote: January 1st, 2024, 17:38
If gamedevs hate him then he's a good guy, simple as.
But he hired those gamedevs, so
Then paid them with in-game bonuses, the absolute mad lad.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Don't they love games? Isn't that why they became game devs?
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Shillitron wrote: January 1st, 2024, 03:11
Well Bobby has left Blizzard now..

We've always heard what a horrible person he is.. but seeing all these blizzard developers screaming out in rage AFTER he leaves the company.. I dunno.. :scratch:

Was he actually based?

If you guys find more tweets post em - Ideally Blizzard / Activision Employee's only though. No literally who's .

---

i worked on COD for two years as a programmer at demonware

bobby's decisions made our games worse

in my first month it came out he threatened to have an employee killed. in the all-hands that followed, no-one wanted to speak first. so i demanded his firing in front of everyone
Translation

> Employees being lazy drinking to many soy lattes and not making me money
> "just kill them"

:scratch:

Translation

> Lol

Bobby Kotick is called as "暴毙烤dick" (sudden death and dick burning) and widely considered as "the guy to blame" for Blizzard games to end its service in China. There are even groups of people lighting fireworks to celebrate his departure. That's how much he is hated in China.

Translation

> Hey ching chongs I want more money
> No Bobbyru.. you are too greedy.. you not follow china numba 1 rules
> K, no more wow now ching chongs

batrick - senior wow game designer
eat shit Bobby Kotick you pathetic ghoul. waste the millions you didn’t earn from people whose talent and light you will never understand.

Translation

> Bobby we made this amazing game you - you need to respect our hard work and efforts!!
> lol here's a wow store coupon
Game developers are all little cry babies. They shouldn't be allowed to use the internet, anyone says something even a little bit critical they freak out and throw a tantrum. That fez guy is a example. No wonder games are all shit these days. Fuck all of them.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Fan who thought it was over discovers it's more over than previously thought