We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Felipepepes Expanded CRPG Book

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

I must admit, it looks like a very enjoyable and well illustrated book. I'm tempted to buy it for my gaming room. PDF won't do, because that's not the kind of thing you read from beginning to end, it's something you casually or specifically look at, probably while doing other nerdy stuff.

That said, I have little sympathy for the author and I question his morals. Since this isn't precisely something I need in my life, I think I'll pass.

It does look very cool tho. The stereotype about faggots and having good taste in style is sometimes true, apparently.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

The only thing Felipepepe deserves is a bullet to the head. Imagine shilling his shit... how embarrassing.
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Tweed wrote: January 27th, 2024, 22:30
Feelapeepee hates you, why do you give him money?
Well the money isn't going to Felipe, it's going to favela-dwellers.
The project also aims to help in the wider world: all of author Felipe Pepe’s profit will be donated to the Vocação charity in Brazil, his homeland. Vocação helps kids and teenagers from poor areas to get education and employment, enabling them in turn to help others around them to do the same, changing the community for the better.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Roguey wrote: January 28th, 2024, 02:59
Tweed wrote: January 27th, 2024, 22:30
Feelapeepee hates you, why do you give him money?
The project also aims to help in the wider world: all of author Felipe Pepe’s profit will be donated to the Vocação charity in Brazil, his homeland. Vocação helps kids and teenagers from poor areas to get education and employment, enabling them in turn to help others around them to do the same, changing the community for the better.
Even worse, they're actively helping huehuehues get access to the internet.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on January 28th, 2024, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Roguey wrote: January 28th, 2024, 02:59
That's even worse.

Dammit rusty. :mad:
Last edited by Acrux on January 28th, 2024, 03:22, edited 1 time in total.
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

the book features some of my reviews and i got zero in royalties, should i sue
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

asf wrote: January 28th, 2024, 03:52
the book features some of my reviews and i got zero in royalties, should i sue
Yes, especially since that money is going to your less-evolved brethren.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

asf wrote: January 28th, 2024, 03:52
the book features some of my reviews
I explicitly wrote I wouldn't buy it.

Why are you trying to make me spend money? Is it for the favela kids? You can tell me in private.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

To be honest I could see myself buying that book had not a snake like Felipenis been involved with the project. It's a monumental tome on a subject rarely explored. From what I can tell he's only the editor and the one recieving the money plus credit (kike confirmed) but that's bad enough. If we could get the book by paying the local Yakuza to give him a savage beating I'd be prepared to throw in my 46$.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

Hauberk wrote: January 28th, 2024, 09:11
he's only the editor
He's definitely the author. It's been a multi year project and anyone coming from the codex knows about how much work he personally did for it. That said, a good portion of the book (reviews and such) are definitely material that's been written by other people, calling it editorial work wouldn't be wrong. Tl:dr the guy did most of the cataloguing and research work by himself, at least for as long as I bothered keeping up with the project.
Hauberk

Post by Hauberk »

Ratcatcher wrote: January 28th, 2024, 09:43
anyone coming from the codex knows about how much work he personally did for it.
I guess I filtered out most of his stuff back when I was on the Codex once I figured him out for what he is. So he's not a total fraud then.