We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

I don't understand normie gamers

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
Rand

I don't understand normie gamers

Post by Rand »

But, hey! Dominions 6 is in top 15.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Is that Steam or SteamDB?

And if Steam, where/how to get to that?
Last edited by Rand on January 18th, 2024, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Rand wrote: January 18th, 2024, 00:53

Steam, front page.
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 18th, 2024, 00:55
Rand wrote: January 18th, 2024, 00:53

Steam, front page.
Lol. Oh. I never scroll down.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Makes sense to me, shooters are the lowest IQ game to play. Free -to-play is for all the people who spend all their money on food/drugs/funkotrash, or jobless. At least these games are multiplayer, I miss having a good MP game to play.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Goth-Girl-Supremacy wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:24
Not like RPGs take much brainpower to play either.
You ever played RPGs with normies? Watching someone who wins initiative DOUBLE MOVE into a pack of fresh enemies only to make a fuss when they get dog piled never ceases to amaze me
Rand

Post by Rand »

Boontaker wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:32
You ever played RPGs with normies? Watching someone who wins initiative DOUBLE MOVE into a pack of fresh enemies only to make a fuss when they get dog piled never ceases to amaze me
To be fair, I sometimes do that. But I'm an experienced gamer that usually plays a fighter-mage hybrid or a dodgy striker type, so I can CC and reposition past blockers as needed.

But yeah. Normie players are retarded.
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Rand wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:35
To be fair, I sometimes do that. But I'm an experienced gamer that usually plays a fighter-mage hybrid or a dodgy striker type, so I can CC and reposition past blockers as needed.

The truly infuriating thing about normies is that they don't learn. I have been playing with some of these guys for a decade or more, and they still make the same mistakes and voice the same complaints.

"Wtf why am I up here alone?"

"Because I moved up and readied an attack for when they approached, placing myself a max movement range, I also said let's form a line here"

These guys aren't even on their phones or anything, I have no idea what is going on in their brains when it's not their turn.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Boontaker wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:40

The truly infuriating thing about normies is that they don't learn. I have been playing with some of these guys for a decade or more, and they still make the same mistakes and voice the same complaints.

"Because I moved up and readied an attack for when they approached, placing myself a max movement range, I also said let's form a line here"

These guys aren't even on their phones or anything, I have no idea what is going on in their brains when it's not their turn.
Yep. Old school gamers know how to best play even this easy stuff, because our original games were harder.
Chokepoints and battle lines to control the incoming humanoid or animal swarm were the first consideration.
We also know when preemptively retreat to a better position or just cut and run, because we don't expect to win every encounter like we're the great heroes of the novel or video.
Heroes are made, not born. You have to earn it by playing smart and surviving.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Boontaker wrote: January 19th, 2024, 12:40

counting enemy move range is one of the worst things about tb combat tbh
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Emphyrio wrote: January 19th, 2024, 13:30
And if it were realtime you'd time their movespeed instead. What's the big deal?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Rand wrote: January 18th, 2024, 00:41

But, hey! Dominions 6 is in top 15.
I don't see the problem. If you want a multiplayer shooter with lots of people you play cs and cod. If you want sports you play fifa. Bg3 is still popular. I don't know what the other games are. What's the problem? My only surprise is maple story, which I never would have guessed was still popular after 20 years. I guess its a girly game, so girls and weebs play it.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

WhiteShark wrote: January 19th, 2024, 13:36
Emphyrio wrote: January 19th, 2024, 13:30
And if it were realtime you'd time their movespeed instead. What's the big deal?
uh no... being one tile out of range in tb avoids an entire turn worth of attack. Idk how timing movespeed ? in rt gets any similar benefit.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

Emphyrio wrote: January 19th, 2024, 13:47
uh no... being one tile out of range in tb avoids an entire turn worth of attack. Idk how timing movespeed ? in rt gets any similar benefit.
In a realtime game, if you know how fast an enemy moves, you can judge whether you can accomplish whatever it is you're trying to do before he arrives and interrupts you. It's the same thing.
Goth-Girl-Supremacy

Post by Goth-Girl-Supremacy »

I used to use tabletop as an excuse to get drunk and flip the table to prematurely end the night.
Breathe

Post by Breathe »

You guys far overestimate normies, even here. I remember back in Halo 2/3 days, almost as dumbed down as you can get, people who played all the time never learned simple things like spawn timings and spawn locations. And you guys are talking about rpgs lol.
Norfleet

Post by Norfleet »

WhiteShark wrote: January 19th, 2024, 13:36
There's actually a significant difference. In turn-based, a unit that has a speed of 5 and can attack at a range of 3, cannot be safely engaged with a unit with a speed of 6 and an attack range of 4. In real-time, the second unit is untouchable to the first unit.