We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

The AI-Art Race to Griftsville

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

The AI-Art Race to Griftsville

Post by Shillitron »

Like all good things.
Once a new technology hits the scene built on a foundation of open source - the race begins-

"how can I take something popular and free and turn a quick buck"

History
We've all seen some first stabs at this. Billy and his two hackerbro friends start training a model for an afternoon and then quickly host a SaaS portal that charges a premium to generate images.. usually their model is shit and open source usually eclipses them before they even leave beta.

MidJourney is the one who is probably most successful - largely because they had a head start.

But hey, there's always a new con around the corner.

Where we are now

The hucksters have a new strategy.

Why bother training their own models and compete.. just take models already created off free platforms like Civitai.. and monetize those! :eyebrows:

Enter Fantasy AI & Skin AI

[Fantasy AI] Who are outright bribing:

And probably illegally claiming ownership on stolen / leaked data from NAI

[Skin AI] or just outright stealing:

then paying Bot farms to downvote / upvote on Stable Diffusion Reddit:

Our good coomer friend "HassanBlend" making a plea to the community about why his free models should now cost money.

AKA - Chinese platforms are making EZ money - why can't I?!?!
Hi all,Hassan here and I just thought it would be good to share the other side of the perspective here. The thread seems to be focusing on as if users won't have our models and need to find alternative ways to use our models, that's not true.

My #1 has always been to make something that the community find useful. I started with my rentry page which gained traction with the photorealism tips and tricks and the models I made were popular.As time went on and I moved towards finetuning from HassanBlend1.3 up, it took more and more time as I manually caption my images, I train multiple runs and try to get great results that the community want.This takes time and I moved to Patreon based on community suggestions as a way to support my time.Even my patreon grew and I have many consultations taking place with members, many custom requests but mostly multiple feedback on my models that I am trying to incorporate into my newer models..

Eg - *Stable Diffusion isn't great at male to male, why can't I have X y Z ethnicity etc, any NSFW 2.1 model Hassan?*So I'm scraping data to try make what our community wants and it takes shitloads of time.

In the meantime we have platforms, commercial platforms using our models for txt2img and finetuning on their platforms, gaining huge revenue turnover each month, but not one of them reached out to bring us content creators on that journey or help us grow. They take what we spend countless hours training and they slap it on a platform with a price tag.

Now we have Fantasy.ai , who's first pitch to me was simply we want to reward you for your work and time, while allowing users to have many features of AI all in one place.Of course it sounded great but I was sceptical because my #1 question was- What about my community, what about my patreons, what about users just using my models in the WebUI?

They aren't concerned about that, in fact they support us and want to integrate our patreons and still allow users to free use our models locally. They are only asking for commercial rights so they are the sole platform users of our model.

Now in return us model creators have a reward incentive on their platform, this is a continuous stream of support to help us grow and evolve and keep creating releases.

On top of that, this platform has brought us together so now content creators are talking together more, we're in groups looking at seeing how we can create awesome stuff for our communities.

There's barely any difference to you users of our models, but yes there is a difference to the platforms who use our content for months making a tonne of $$$
--

If anything spicy or funny happens - I'll keep posting.
Last edited by Shillitron on March 9th, 2023, 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Ten Free Pictures a Day Goy!! You are so lucky!

I'm hearing conflicting information from this account, sometimes they say you can download and use the model locally.. sometimes they say it's locked to their platform and you get "free credits"

I think the user outrage to their retarded platform, and their tone-deaf community engagement using auto translate from Chinese > English has caused them to back pedal? :scratch:
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Interesting.. our new favorite grifters (Fantasy.AI) who is allegedly ran by a NFT Bro Millionaire..

Propositioned Civitai to buy them out before they went ahead and started poaching free models to stuff behind their paid service. :lol:

Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Fantasy.AI Community rep now arguing with retards on Reddit.
Failure is not an option, and by the way, the only people exploiting the community are those who fail to acknowledge that the model creators should be fairly rewarded for their efforts which everyone freely enjoys.

It feels like we are the only ones sometimes, but we know that there are others in the room who are less vocal, who also support fair compensation for the Model Creators.

Cheers
Fantasy.ai Official

Now The Memes Begin..
Although Plebbit memes are shit.. waiting for the 4chan boomers to get home from work. :Inspector:

EDIT

This is fucking brutal..

Whoever is running that community account is desperately trying to shift the convo to "Haha good stuff guys" .. like some outcast kid trying to get into the social circle.. and everyone is just staring at him as he acts like an awkward retard.

This is actually cringe inducing to read.. and also hilarious. :lol:

----

Fantasy_AI
Nice logo, are you available for freelance? We are hiring.

Cheers 😇

dinnukit
Just stop. Admit defeat and count your losses. Shoo!

Fantasy_AI
See you at the launch party. Don’t forget your mask. 🥳

DLamikins
Launch party with you and all the downvote bots

dinnukit
Savage, I love it!

DLamikins
Lol don’t give them actual advice just let them dig a deeper hole for themselves

Fantasy_AI
Thanks for acknowledging that we have a good sense of humor. ✅
In all seriousness, we think this thread is funny and OP has a good sense of humor also. Thanks for bringing levity to the shitstorm, and please come again.

Cheers.

SecureWeeb
I actually was trying really hard to imply that I don't find this funny.
But you seem to have issues listening to feedback, so I'm not too fussed if you realized it or not.
Fuze

Post by Fuze »

This is just the beginning, I'm fully expecting an unprecedented amount of grifting. The easiest it become, the more retard are going to jump in trying to fleece other retard.