We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Your Favorite Browser Extensions

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
MadPreacher

Your Favorite Browser Extensions

Post by MadPreacher »

Since we don't have a topic like this I figured I would start one.

These are all the ones I use with my Bravo browser and can readily recommend them.

AdBlock and uBlock Origin are really good at stopping trackers and the like.

Archive.is which allows you to archive any webpage with a simple click of the mouse.

Enhancer for YouTube has numerous built in controls to manage your viewing experience like making the video size fit your screen automatically.

Remove Twitter Login Blocker is the best way to view Twitter without signing in and removes the Twitter login that blocks your view.

Return YouTube Dislike allows you to see what the dislike number is for a video.

SponsorBlock for YouTube is a handy extension that will scan the video you are watching for any paid and unpaid sponsorships and skips them automatically. It works great and you can help by submitting the sponsorships you mark.

Unhook removes YouTubes recommendations for comments, music, short videos, trending, and other things. It makes it easier for you to get the videos that you are subscribed for to show up in your feed. It's not 100% perfect, but good enough.
Last edited by MadPreacher on March 25th, 2023, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Thor Kaufman
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Thor Kaufman »

videodownloadhelper

Blocktube which allows you to block entire youtube channels
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

tree style tabs, the only reason I still use shitfox
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Privacy Badger (cuz trackers)
uBlock (cuz ads)
Nitter Redirect (cuz twitter sux)
and Stylus (cuz I like pretty sites)
are the ones I need. Also Joshi Koukousei Captcha Service for shitposting on 4chinz.
Nemesis
Director of Synchronous Communication Channels

Post by Nemesis »

Privacy
1Password
Reload All Tabs
Violentmonkey
OneTab
Bypass Paywalls
Go To Playing Tab
Archive Page
Filehole Uploader
Twitch Ad Block
Gesturefy
LanguageTool
Tabist
HTTPS Everywhere
Save WebP as JPG/PNG
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Honey is one that I use that I probably shouldn't. It's probably doing some data mining or something, but it's useful enough for me that I don't care. It's a tool that will let you see the recent price history of things on sites like newegg and amazon. It will also automatically find and apply coupons for you when checking out on some websites. It's really nice to have if you do most of your shopping online like I do.

Another one that I really like is group speed dial. It makes Firefox feel a lot more like Opera did back when it was good. Here's a screenshot:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Oyster Sauce wrote: September 30th, 2023, 19:26
To make YouTube bearable I use

SponsorBlock
Uses user submitted timestamps to automatically skip over advertisements included in videos that your regular adblocker can't stop. Can also skip pointless interaction reminders, intro sections, credit sections, non-music sections, etc. I've skipped a little over 19 hours of garbage with this. Absolutely mandatory if you use YouTube.

Unhook
Allows you to customize YouTube by removing the shitty trending/explore tabs, comments, live chats, fundraisers, shorts, etc. Whatever you want.

Channel Blocker
Adds an "X" next to search results. Click it and you will never ever see any results from that channel again.

Clickbait Remover for YouTube
You can choose to grab a frame from the start, middle, or end of videos as the thumbnail if you're sick of seeing faggot soy faces or blatantly misleading clickbait.

Return YouTube Dislikes
Duh

YouTube NonStop
Skips the "Video paused, click here to continue" popup.
The guy behind SponsorBlock also made an extension called DeArrow that combats clickbait titles and thumbnails via crowdsourcing. If user data hasn't been submitted you can have it decapslock the title and grab a random frame for the thumbnail, making Clickbait Remover For YouTube redundant. The retarded catch is that there's a 24 hour waiting period after installing it for it to kick in unless you pay $1. (Edit: was 11 hours for me)
DeArrow is an open source browser extension for crowdsourcing better titles and thumbnails on YouTube. The goal is to make titles accurate and reduce sensationalism. No more arrows, ridiculous faces, and no more clickbait.
Last edited by Oyster Sauce on January 18th, 2024, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 18th, 2024, 05:57
Oyster Sauce wrote: September 30th, 2023, 19:26
To make YouTube bearable I use

SponsorBlock
Uses user submitted timestamps to automatically skip over advertisements included in videos that your regular adblocker can't stop. Can also skip pointless interaction reminders, intro sections, credit sections, non-music sections, etc. I've skipped a little over 19 hours of garbage with this. Absolutely mandatory if you use YouTube.

Unhook
Allows you to customize YouTube by removing the shitty trending/explore tabs, comments, live chats, fundraisers, shorts, etc. Whatever you want.

Channel Blocker
Adds an "X" next to search results. Click it and you will never ever see any results from that channel again.

Clickbait Remover for YouTube
You can choose to grab a frame from the start, middle, or end of videos as the thumbnail if you're sick of seeing faggot soy faces or blatantly misleading clickbait.

Return YouTube Dislikes
Duh

YouTube NonStop
Skips the "Video paused, click here to continue" popup.
The guy behind SponsorBlock also made an extension called DeArrow that combats clickbait titles and thumbnails via crowdsourcing. If user data hasn't been submitted you can have it decapslock the title and grab a random frame for the thumbnail, making Clickbait Remover For YouTube redundant. The retarded catch is that there's a 24 hour waiting period after installing it for it to kick in unless you pay $1.
DeArrow is an open source browser extension for crowdsourcing better titles and thumbnails on YouTube. The goal is to make titles accurate and reduce sensationalism. No more arrows, ridiculous faces, and no more clickbait.
run

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/ajayyy/DeArrow --recurse-submodules=yes
npm ci
edit src/background.ts, change line 51 to:

const paywallEnabled = false
run

npm build
go to chrome://extensions, enable developer mode, install unpacked extension button, select 'dist' folder in the directory you cloned the repo to
Goblin_Hammer

Post by Goblin_Hammer »

Bitwarden
Ublock
Dark Reader
Return YouTube Dislikes
Web Archives
Feedbro
Tabliss
ClearURLs
Buster