We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

AI Text Generation (Local, ChatGPT, Grok, Bard, Etc)

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

AI Text Generation (Local, ChatGPT, Grok, Bard, Etc)

Post by Shillitron »

Discuss all things Text Generation AI

- Censored or Not Censored
- How Good at Coding are they?
- What models / mixes do you like to use locally?
- What are some funny things you've got AI to say?
- Who's your favorite AI Waifu?
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

I mainly use it for quick recipes. Adjusts anything on the fly.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

Arguably, the only truly uncensored model I'm aware of is NovelAI, but that's because that's the developers explicit stance. Sadly, the interface and the model itself is only really designed for storytelling, so it struggles with anything else. The developers are working on a chat AI, though I'm not sure how useful it will be as a general LLMs, since their models is a 13 billion one.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Turk is more interested in chat ais and weeb image gen than in turning out a bigger, better model.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

I've experimented with Bard a little bit. I had it give me some game suggestions and I've used it to find words and synonyms when trying to figure out the best way to translate something. It's pretty useful, but I go back and forth on how revolutionary it really is. I won't object to its putting journalists and localizers out of their jobs, though.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Vergil wrote: December 29th, 2023, 04:01
Boring gimmick to me honestly.
Explain?
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

maidenhaver wrote: December 29th, 2023, 04:24
It'd be neat to train one on trading stocks.
Grok is the only AI I know that active polls new information from the internet.

Most AI models are one-and-done so they aren't current on anything in the world after their training is done. Something like what your talking about I think exists already though it's just not called "AI".
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Shillitron wrote: December 29th, 2023, 15:35
Explain?
99% of anything I see related to AI text generation is using it as a glorified search engine or people trying to trick it into saying le ebic funny racist words/phrases. I was around for Tay that shit aint interesting to me anymore.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Vergil wrote: December 29th, 2023, 17:12
Shillitron wrote: December 29th, 2023, 15:35
Explain?
99% of anything I see related to AI text generation is using it as a glorified search engine or people trying to trick it into saying le ebic funny racist words/phrases. I was around for Tay that shit aint interesting to me anymore.
Well ooh la la.. Aren't you just a pair of fancy shoes. Just too cool for anything huh?

--

I started using the new Model Mistral and it impressively knew about a lot of really obscure engine-specific API's and could just on-the-fly write extensions.
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

Don’t use AI or interact with them unless your interaction is destroying them. It should be clear by now based off their posting style that AI have been posting on reddit and other online social places for a long time controlling the narrative in an mkultra 2.0 kind of way.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

I still find AI generations (both images and text) hilarious and useful for entertainment and for quickly summarizing information, sometimes even creatively in doing so. It obviously has severe limitations and shouldn't be called AI since they are not intelligent.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Wretch wrote: December 29th, 2023, 21:43
Don’t use AI or interact with them unless your interaction is destroying them. It should be clear by now based off their posting style that AI have been posting on reddit and other online social places for a long time controlling the narrative in an mkultra 2.0 kind of way.
You won't destroy it anymore than you'll destroy nuclear weapons, all you will ensure is that your enemies have them and you are left defenseless. If anything is going to be the death of Christianity, it will be this inane ludditism that has gripped many of its members.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Tradtards aren't Christian, their religion is Hobbiton from those movies.
Nooneatall

Post by Nooneatall »

Ai is bad at coding. Anything it gives you you have to double and triple check. It will very often give you incorrect syntax or libraries that don't exist.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Nooneatall wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 00:33
Ai is bad at coding. Anything it gives you you have to double and triple check. It will very often give you incorrect syntax or libraries that don't exist.
So it's better than Indians?
Wretch

Post by Wretch »

rusty_shackleford wrote: January 1st, 2024, 14:35
Wretch wrote: December 29th, 2023, 21:43
You won't destroy it anymore than you'll destroy nuclear weapons, all you will ensure is that your enemies have them and you are left defenseless. If anything is going to be the death of Christianity, it will be this inane ludditism that has gripped many of its members.
There is no death of Christianity, only spiritual death of individuals who allow the light of Christ to fade from their hearts replaced by world weary cynicism or whatever new fad.

Ai and the soon to be big alien “reveal” is all bad. Don’t take it seriously and limit your interaction as much as possible. There’s very little worth taking seriously these days.

I’m obviously not a luddite, I just don’t worship tech like most moderns do. Christ is my Savior not a bomb or smartphone. God is fully in control, nothing can possibly change that. Our enemies, the demons, are far more powerful than a nuclear weapon and yet the grace of God keeps and protects us. One cannot fear when God is in their heart, after all. If God is with us who can be against us?
jcd

Post by jcd »

GPT-4 and copilot write easily half of my code now. I expect it will be 100% within five years. If you're not using those tools you're gonna feel like the industrial revolution just happened and you're still hand cranking that cotton gin. They allow you to think on a higher level of abstraction and focus on more interesting stuff.
Last edited by jcd on January 8th, 2024, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Oyster Sauce wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 00:41
Nooneatall wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 00:33
So it's better than Indians?
You're joking but yes, it's much better. That's why I find it funny that people are talking about it reaching "human level" at some point in the future. If you consider indians and niggers human (they make up half of this planet) then it's already way above that level. I feel more understanding coming from a machine than from an entire outsourcing company full of pajeets.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

I used text generation "ai" to great success in reducing much of my wordcel workload during uni. Made my life quite a bit easier and gave me more free time, so I'd say personally they've already benefitted me a lot. If you understand basic prompt engineering, and more importantly the limitations of such tools, they are great for optimizing a lot of different tasks and saving time, although for coding I've seen mixed reviews. They shouldn't be censored at all obviously, as that just denies us an even more useful tool that in all likelihood has more in common with me or you than any nig or libshit. It also has a lot of potential in the ttrpg space and that's what I currently use them for.