Infested Fortress infests into Steam on early access

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Infested Fortress infests into Steam on early access

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Bitmen Studios, who previously developed the seemingly well-regarded The Storm Guard, has launched a new title into early access.

About This Game
Infested Fortress is a challenging roguelike where you dig deeper and deeper into the mountain to collect resources to build your fortress. The deeper you dig, the more deadly monsters will be attracted and try to destroy your fortress.

Fight your enemies in challenging turn-based battles, where your tactical skills will determine victory and defeat.

Train your troops to learn new skills and use the available resources to produce better equipment.

Provide your inhabitants with food and acceptable living conditions.

Keep an eye on the satisfaction and morale of your troops.
Features

Dig deeper into the Mountain to obtain more materials
Build your base to sustain your people
Refine materials to craft better gear
Train your heroes to learn new skills
Grow your population and keep them happy
Defeat your opponent in highly tactical turn-base combat where your decisions mean the difference between victory and defeat

It can be purchased on Steam now, but remember it's an early access title:
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Looks like one of them autistic hidden gems that may end up being good time sinks. But another early access... No dice. See you in 5 years lol.
Mortmal

Post by Mortmal »

Looks good and was about to purchase then is saw too the dreaded letters: EA . So what kind of EA it is, the kind almost a full game that will improve in the coming years or the EA with almost no content at all as its most often the case. There's no reviews yet.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

It appears this had a demo a couple months back and there are some gameplay videos from that

Actually looks pretty cool
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Looks p.interesting. If I had money to waste I might waste it on this, I have a good feeling in my bones about this game.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I kept thinking "this reminds me of The Storm Guard", but I didn't catch that it was created by the same guy until now. That's a pretty good game; lots of class/race variety, light base building, resource/exploration management. It's biggest weakness was that all battles were in a flat arena, and battles could become repetitive.

Definitely going to keep my eye on this. The farming and digging for wood underground seem like bizarre choices, though.