We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Road to Vostok - Finnish single dev making STALKER/Escape from Tarkov game

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Road to Vostok - Finnish single dev making STALKER/Escape from Tarkov game

Post by gerey »

Just wanted to make a thread to draw attention to this game. Even if this particular genre is not your cup of tea what the guy has managed to achieve so far on his own is fairly impressive, and the devlogs are a really good chronicle of his thought process and how far the project has come since development started.

mikaelis

Post by mikaelis »

Hi Adolf, you really look better with no moustache, almost like Medvedev from 2035 :-)

I am also looking forward to it. It is a STALKER solyanka wet dream that can go south or north in multiple ways:

Bad: too much emphasis on difficulty, survival, ADHD (like crafting 10 poles to build the tent, etc.), lack of decent story (disjointed missions or not at all).

Good: atmosphere, light-survival aspect, FPP and all the good implications of it implemented on at least STALKER level, engaging storyline).

I will judge it when I see it out there.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

OMG PIP SCOPES! And check out the sight adjustment autism, not even B&S for Anomaly does that.

I hadn't heard of this one before, I'll be watching it with interest. It's certainly taking a lot of good pages out of Stalker and Anomalmeme's book, including very popular mods, wonder if they'll introduce tactical side scopes like B&S does.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Tweed wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 23:53
OMG PIP SCOPES! And check out the sight adjustment autism, not even B&S for Anomaly does that.

I hadn't heard of this one before, I'll be watching it with interest. It's certainly taking a lot of good pages out of Stalker and Anomalmeme's book, including very popular mods, wonder if they'll introduce tactical side scopes like B&S does.
SCUM has that as well. You might want to check that game out.
Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2023, 00:30
another game that makes me play as a slav :(
When will this woke madness end?
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

gerey wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 22:38
Fargus wrote: March 3rd, 2023, 07:13
Another multiplayer?
No, the game is single-player only.
If it's singleplayer then i'm definitely interested.

Hopefully there are some factions to join like in stalker and permadeath is optional. Anyway, i'll keep an eye on it. :salute:
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: March 4th, 2023, 00:30
another game that makes me play as a slav :(
i thought you play as a finn in this game.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

MadPreacher wrote: March 4th, 2023, 00:14

I'm not interested in multiplayer stuff. I want the cozy, single-player slav culture experience.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Tweed wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:24

I'm not interested in multiplayer stuff. I want the cozy, single-player slav culture experience.
It has a single player mode...
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

MadPreacher wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:38
Tweed wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:24

It has a single player mode...
It's made for multiplayer. I don't want a gimped singleplayer experience.