We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Starfield Modlist

Game development hub. Projects, modding, and resources.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Accessibility was the first time I noticed trends were mandated. Accessible was the 2000s buzzword for inclusive.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Rand wrote: September 11th, 2023, 03:19
rusty_shackleford wrote: September 11th, 2023, 03:09
agentorange wrote: September 11th, 2023, 03:08
I remember some article from a few years ago where they were talking about how they were trying to force all games to make their voice chat "accessible" for deaf/mute people.
Which is why a lot of newer online games now no longer feature any form of text communication.

IIRC, they're required to implement TTS or somesuch if the game has text chat.

edit:
here's the article on it, and you could be right, I forgot about all the other accessibility parts: https://www.gamedeveloper.com/business/ ... fying-cvaa
"limited cognitive skills"

design games for retards or else.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

maidenhaver wrote: September 19th, 2023, 01:54
Accessible was the 2000s buzzword for inclusive.
It became that way and went the route of "anyone should be able to play anything". But it started out as things like accounting for things like color-blindness or reduced vision. And you didn't even have to do much other than make sure it could work with 3rd party tools like screen readers or assistive technology that the person would have already had. Now, it includes "neurodiversity". :barf:
Rand

Post by Rand »

Note: I gave up on this dull, ugly, waste of time game on September 19th, moved the installation to my storage drive, and may never run it again.
As of now, the only thing that could compel me to run it is if someone did a SureAI style total conversion (Enderal is the Skyrim example).

Fuck Todd Howard. this is definitely the game he'd make without any real creative lead with talent.
Last edited by Rand on December 14th, 2023, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.