We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

X AI releases Grok in the middle of the night

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Perhaps the most interesting bit is how much it underperforms GPT-4. Nothing released so far even gets close, and nobody seems really sure how GPT-4 even works or why it's so good. My (admittedly layman-ish as it's not my field of expertise) guess is, it's not a single model but a combination of models.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

It's not out yet, except as a demo for Musk's friends and buddies
Vlajdimir Ermenović

Post by Vlajdimir Ermenović »

Whoever decided it should be called "X" should be gassed.
gerey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by gerey »

rusty_shackleford wrote: November 5th, 2023, 04:58
Perhaps the most interesting bit is how much it underperforms GPT-4. Nothing released so far even gets close, and nobody seems really sure how GPT-4 even works or why it's so good.
Isn't it because GPT-4 is fed massive, massive quantities of data? "Comparable" models get into the tens of billions, but GPT-4 seems to dwarf that number by ten or a hundred times, or even more.

Remains to be seen how long they can keep it up before encountering the issue of diminish returns (if they haven't already). Also curious to see how censored Musk's creation is, or how long it will remain uncensored before he decides to muzzle it.
Last edited by gerey on November 5th, 2023, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Oyster Sauce wrote: November 5th, 2023, 16:23
Thanks for the Gold, kind stranger!

Well, so much for that.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

gerey wrote: November 5th, 2023, 16:37
Also curious to see how censored Musk's creation is, or how long it will remain uncensored before he decides to muzzle it.
There's no way they released it without being pre-muzzled. The "jokes" are just a poorly conceived cover for that.
Last edited by Acrux on November 5th, 2023, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.