Tactical RPG Redemption Reapers to hit Steam on the 22nd

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Tactical RPG Redemption Reapers to hit Steam on the 22nd

Post by rusty_shackleford »

► Gameplay
► Story

A bit on the weeby side, but there has been an ongoing RPG drought. I liked that they included a video that actually explains the mechanics of the game rather than a bunch of prerendered cutscenes as has become the norm.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

https://noisypixel.net/redemption-reapers-review/

Game reviewer upset because game too hard. Now I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
cpmartins

Post by cpmartins »

Acrux wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 04:11
https://noisypixel.net/redemption-reapers-review/

Game reviewer upset because game too hard. Now I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
Looks good. My only worry is the leveling system which consists of a "use-to-level" scheme. That tends to get too gamey for me in the long run, JA2 comes to mind.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

It released, but getting trashed by Chinese reviewers. Machine translation seems to suggest they're complaining about lack of customization, regional pricing, & max resolution of 1080p
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

It just keeps sounding better and better!

I found a no commentary video of the first 40 minutes. It looks okay, UI is kind of janky. I really don't like that dropdown for end turn, but maybe there are hotkeys.

I'm slammed at work until next Tuesday. If reviews stay where they are and don't point out anything actually terrible I might check it out after that.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

And to think i used to bitch about Wartales price back in 2021 when you can buy three copies of it with the money they ask for Redemption Reapers. And you can't even play it in 1440p. lol