We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

GNOME foundation hires executive director that speaks to gnomes

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

GNOME foundation hires executive director that speaks to gnomes

Post by rusty_shackleford »

https://foundation.gnome.org/2023/10/17 ... -director/
We are thrilled to announce a significant milestone for the GNOME Foundation as we welcome Holly Million to our team as the new Executive Director. Holly is a multi-talented individual with a diverse background in nonprofit leadership, filmmaking, teaching, public speaking, and writing. Her commitment to empowering individuals to make a positive impact aligns perfectly with the values and goals of the GNOME Foundation.
Holly holds a Master of Arts in Education from Stanford University and a Bachelor of Arts in English from Harvard University. Her academic background, combined with her extensive professional journey, equips her with a unique perspective that will undoubtedly contribute to the growth and success of the GNOME Foundation.
https://archive.ph/BEXTI
My name is Holly Million, and I am a professional shaman, an artist, an herbal medicine maker, and a micro-homesteader
Eight years ago, I realized the best word to describe me must be “shaman.” A shaman is a bridge between the material and spiritual worlds, between the seen and unseen worlds. I am now a professional shaman. I am a translator of the esoteric to the personal. I am a bridge between what is mystical and what is practical. I make the shamanic arts relatable and useful for the average person. I serve as a guide and sacred mirror and creator of sacred space to help people transform and transcend the fear and trauma in their lives, releasing what no longer serves, to make space for Beauty, Order, and Love to enter. I am now the Shaman Artist.
I do energy healing work
I create rituals and ceremonies
I train emerging shamans and those who want to bring shamanic techniques into their daily lives for pleasure and empowerment.

And for the low, low price of $1200 you too can become a shaman. I can't link to her store page because she took her site down and it's not archived.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anyone got that image with the atheists discussing how great society is going to be now without religion?
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on October 18th, 2023, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 18th, 2023, 02:19
Anyone got that image with the atheists discussing how great society is going to be now without religion?
As opposed to how great it's going with it?
Humans gonna human. Magic sky daddy doesn't make things demonstrably better.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Rand wrote: October 18th, 2023, 02:45
rusty_shackleford wrote: October 18th, 2023, 02:19
As opposed to how great it's going with it?
Humans gonna human. Magic sky daddy doesn't make things demonstrably better.
How come the atheist NASA can't go to the moon but the Christian NASA could go to the moon?
Rand

Post by Rand »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 18th, 2023, 02:49
How come the atheist NASA can't go to the moon but the Christian NASA could go to the moon?
America is still 80% religious and can't even reliably keep the Democrats out of office, so IDK what to tell you...
Last edited by Rand on October 18th, 2023, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Rand wrote: October 18th, 2023, 02:55
America is still 80% religious
The share of U.S. adults who say they generally attend religious services once a month or more has dropped slightly, from 33% in 2019 to 30% in 2022.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Oh, you're sort-of right. The number of Americans that self-identify as Christian is down to only 2/3 (66%).
I'm not sure attending a weekly sermon and sing-along is a hard and fast requirement to most of them anymore, though.
Looks like about half of them stopped attending.
Last edited by Rand on October 18th, 2023, 03:00, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Rand wrote: October 18th, 2023, 02:59
Oh, you're sort-of right. The number of Americans that self-identify as Christian is down to only 2/3 (66%).
I'm not sure attending a weekly sermon and sing-along is a hard and fast requirement to most of them anymore, though.
Looks like about half of them stopped attending.
That was attending church at least once a month, seems like a pretty good test to see whether you're even remotely religious or not.
Over half of americans don't even claim membership to any church at all: https://news.gallup.com/poll/341963/chu ... -time.aspx

America is largely irreligious now.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Yeah, I got real tired of listening to preachers and moving my mouth to words like I'm an extra in a musical.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

Pagans are mostly atheist hippies looking for a LARP hobby, so this isn't surprising.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

This was always going to be the end result of a society that has rejected God, it grows degenerate, superstitious and irrational. It's not that these bugmen don't believe in God, it's just that they believe in everything BUT Him. They replace Him with surrogates, be it consumer products, celebrities, the list is pretty much endless. Now more than ever, Orthodoxy must make it's presence known in the West. Progress is slow, but it is being made and that is only a good thing. Roman Catholicism/Protest*ntism has no future. The former is too corrupt and compromised, and the latter is basically a free-for-all of innumerable cults and vapid feel-goodery.

GNOME is supposed to be community-led, yet despite that see who now calls the shots?. A woman dedicated to rituals and witchcraft. "Conservative" types love to point the finger at political parties and corporations, but the rot is so much more than that. It is deeply set on all sectors of Western civilization.
Last edited by KnightoftheWind on October 18th, 2023, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteShark
Turtle
Turtle

Post by WhiteShark »

rusty_shackleford wrote: October 18th, 2023, 03:11
What spells do you guys think level 2 shamanism unlocks?
Shamans don't reach second level spells until class level 3.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

G-NOME was my favorite MechWarrior knockoff. It was cool running around and gas grenading enemies out of their mechs to take them over.