Wartales releases Community Update #5

HQ-related news you should probably read.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wartales releases Community Update #5

Post by rusty_shackleford »

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 9612250091
Attention mercenaries!

The fifth Community Update is here! As usual, the update is based primarily on some of the most prevelant and popular community requests we've been receiving over the last few months, massively changing multiple aspects of the game.

You can watch our Community Update spotlight video to find out what some of the major changes are if you don't have the time to read through the full patchnotes!

Wartales is in early access, available on Steam and currently on a slight discount.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Has this improved over the past year or so? I tried out one of the first demos and it just seemed kind of bland. It didn't seem to be doing anything new that most of these other "sandbox mercanary company" games have done.
Fargus

Post by Fargus »

Acrux wrote: February 16th, 2023, 19:06
Has this improved over the past year or so? I tried out one of the first demos and it just seemed kind of bland. It didn't seem to be doing anything new that most of these other "sandbox mercanary company" games have done.
It was good when i played it at the start of last year, but i'm very into battle brothers and autistic tacticool mercenary sims. But late game can get repetitive. They added a lot of stuff and new regions and so on. I'd say its one of the few recent games that i'm glad i've purchased.
ERYFKRAD

Post by ERYFKRAD »

It's alright. Your dudes can be barbarians brutes and all that.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Based on what you've all said and looking at the recent updates, you've almost convinced me. That price, though... :shock:
cpmartins

Post by cpmartins »

Acrux wrote: February 17th, 2023, 22:28
Based on what you've all said and looking at the recent updates, you've almost convinced me. That price, though... :shock:
Always try before you buy. I did, and I ended up buying the game. And ask here if you need any tips, I played the game three times to completion already.Image
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Friendly reminder that Rusty works for the feds. :smug:
Mortmal

Post by Mortmal »

Acrux wrote: February 17th, 2023, 22:28
Worth it really , tactically its a very good game,very low magic setting with some surnatural , there's a few surprises too. But even if there's lot of content already it's still in early access still.