We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Starfield - Todd Howard's latest masterpiece

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Rand wrote: September 10th, 2023, 18:42
Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 17:24
Emphyrio wrote: September 10th, 2023, 17:06

worked for trannies
Every time AI is mentioned AgentOrange crawls out of a hole and starts moralizing to everyone.
It's like screaming in a empty room - not worth the 212 bytes it takes up in Rusty's database.

Trannies won because they did the opposite, they infiltrated media / communities as a janny censor board. The internet wasn't prepared for an army of jobless losers who could fill positions of power (for free) moderating the social discourse all with one single hivemind agenda.

Nexus is banning mods right now because trannies infiltrated it's moderation team, not because 3 trannies are whining in a small forum thread.
On the Nexus today:
9 endorsements and 134 downloads...

I wouldn't care that this mod exists.. if they weren't then banning anything that dares to change a Black / Trans character in any way.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 17:45
Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 17:37
@rusty_shackleford do you really believe Microsoft was the source of Starfields diversity?

Bethesda today is not the same company that even released Fallout 4 in 2015.. They've almost doubled in size and if you look at their company photos.. I really don't think you can blame Microsoft for this one.

Vladimir Sall was so clearly originally a native russian. I would bet his voice actor was white.
This is one of most egregious examples of blackwashing I think I've ever seen. I just don't believe it was Microsoft that did it. Part of me actually wonders if someone did it just to piss Russians off in response to Ukraine.. that's extremely reductive and childish.. but I can picture a little handlebar moustached faggot actually thinking that way.
He looks Slavic to me, I don't get the big deal over it.

I forgot you are Amerimutt.. So that's what 'white' looks like to you. :smug:
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Rusty's oirish, he's barely a nigger.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Emphyrio wrote: September 10th, 2023, 17:06
Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 16:34

"Maybe if I whine and bitch on a obscure forum about something - the world will change to suit my tastes"

Delusional.
worked for trannies
Every time AI is mentioned AgentOrange crawls out of a hole and starts moralizing to everyone.
It's like screaming in a empty room - not worth the 212 bytes it takes up in Rusty's database.

Trannies won because they did the opposite, they infiltrated media / communities as a janny censor board. The internet wasn't prepared for an army of jobless losers who could fill positions of power (for free) moderating the social discourse all with one single hivemind agenda.

Nexus is banning mods right now because trannies infiltrated it's moderation team, not because 3 trannies are whining in a small forum thread.
Cry about it. The point of a forum is to post thoughts and opinions on a subject so that is what I'm going to do.

And I have no delusions that posting on here is going to cause widespread changes elsewhere, or here for that matter; the point is that on a personal level an individual does not have to take part in gay shit just because it is becoming more prevalent and certain people are trying to force it on you and make it the norm. I don't have to play shitty games because they are the norm now, I don't have to engage in gay sex because the media is presenting it as a good thing from every angle, I don't have to use the device.
Kalarion wrote: September 10th, 2023, 16:03
This (correct) argument didn't work on the sheeple when they were conSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMing BG3, which had much more direct and deviant pozz. Why trot it out again?
Well, like you say, because it's correct. I don't have delusions that I'm going to change a bunch of people's minds, but I do always hope that maybe one person will read an argument against poz and realize "oh yeah I don't have to guzzle down this shit." I am at heart an optimist. If nothing else having to write it out reinforces and strengthens my own views on the matter, so, I lose nothing by doing it.
Last edited by agentorange on September 11th, 2023, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Shillitron wrote: September 11th, 2023, 00:04
Rand wrote: September 10th, 2023, 18:42

On the Nexus today:
9 endorsements and 134 downloads...

I wouldn't care that this mod exists.. if they weren't then banning anything that dares to change a Black / Trans character in any way.
Yes. Exactly what I was thinking when I posted it.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

agentorange wrote: September 11th, 2023, 01:00
And I have no delusions that posting on here is going to cause widespread changes elsewhere, or here for that matter; the point is that on a personal level an individual does not have to take part in gay shit just because it is becoming more prevalent and certain people are trying to force it on you and make it the norm. I don't have to play shitty games because they are the norm now, I don't have to engage in gay sex because the media is presenting it as a good thing from every angle, I don't have to use the device.

Nobody on this forum is forcing you to suck dicks bro.. You just get all moralfaggy and preachy whenever AI is brought up.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

This is what I refer to when I'm talking about how Starfield is full of aliasing, that it has "jaggies" or shimmering:

This is with res scale at 80% of 1440p, and when you move those jaggies shimmer. It has way more jaggies than Fallout 4, where I noticed it for the first time, that it was jaggier than Skyrim SE.

I really think it's something to do with how Beth does their textures post-Skyrim, specifically metallic and glass surfaces and stuff like that. And yeah that patch of grass has a seam in it for no reason, an aliased seam in the texture.

Any place that has a lot of glass there's a ton of aliasing in the corners and middles of fixtures as well. Fire up Skyrim SE right now and you will see that there's not a single jaggy anywhere in the entire game. No sawtooth edges anywhere. Even Fallout 4 is comparatively 'cleaner' in terms of straight edges.
Last edited by aweigh on September 11th, 2023, 03:09, edited 2 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Emphyrio wrote: September 10th, 2023, 20:37
are there srsly still no functioning mirrors in skyfield?
if this is a baked reflection I'd be incredibly surprised
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

lol, curious tweet thread.

I have no knowledge of Blow's politics and I don't care to know them, I just found this entire exchange quite amusing because of how the overt SJWs in his replies got all prissy about him saying this:

Be sure to read the replies, quite a few Male Feminists in there struggling to understand why someone would find it bad to kill women in a game since "we're all equal". In one reply Blow explicitly states that protecting women is a man's job and that we are not equal in this respect, and that it is a healthy sign for societal health, which causes another guy to sperg out.

Ironically, the majority of the SJWs replying to him seem to be saying that whether the enemies are men or women doesn't matter at all and that Blow is wrong for paying too much attention to the gender disparity. Hmm...
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

aweigh wrote: September 11th, 2023, 13:09

I have no knowledge of Blow's politics and I don't care to know them, I just found this entire exchange quite amusing because of how the overt SJWs in his replies got all prissy about him saying this:

Be sure to read the replies, quite a few Male Feminists in there struggling to understand why someone would find it bad to kill women in a game since "we're all equal". In one reply Blow explicitly states that protecting women is a man's job and that we are not equal in this respect, and that it is a healthy sign for societal health, which causes another guy to sperg out.

Ironically, the majority of the SJWs replying to him seem to be saying that whether the enemies are men or women doesn't matter at all and that Blow is wrong for paying too much attention to the gender disparity. Hmm...
JBlow is finished.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Jonathan Blow is a very smart guy. Can't really describe him as being left or right, but he is someone who will think about something rationally and logically rather than reacting based on ideology which I guess now days would make him a far right radical extremist. He is also very quick to call out the declining competency in all fields in the West (and says Western civilization is the pinnacle of human society, but is being ruined by people becoming more stupid and lazy), especially game developers.

Segata
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Segata »

Using the word 'icky' unironically puts him in the wrong by default.
Jason Bright

Post by Jason Bright »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: September 11th, 2023, 13:41
Yeah, if anything that tweet from him reads like a feminist who's had too large a dose of equality and is momentarily perplexed by progressive second-order effects. Nothing he says leads me to believe he wouldn't be a dyed-in-the-wool shitlib if I knew him.
The bit about equality that doesn't recognise differences is just the justification of a more intelligent than average progressive, you will see them qualify when challenged but their views are still essentially the same.

"Icky" "Creepy" "Gross" always give it away immediately.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Jason Bright wrote: September 11th, 2023, 14:14
Segata Sanshiro wrote: September 11th, 2023, 13:41
Yeah, if anything that tweet from him reads like a feminist who's had too large a dose of equality and is momentarily perplexed by progressive second-order effects. Nothing he says leads me to believe he wouldn't be a dyed-in-the-wool shitlib if I knew him.
The bit about equality that doesn't recognise differences is just the justification of a more intelligent than average progressive, you will see them qualify when challenged but their views are still essentially the same.

"Icky" "Creepy" "Gross" always give it away immediately.
I watch a lot of his videos because he is very insightful about independent, relatively small scale game development, and I've never once heard him say anything remotely feminist. In fact now that I think about it I don't think I've ever once heard him talk about women.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

agentorange wrote: September 11th, 2023, 13:37
Jonathan Blow is a very smart guy. Can't really describe him as being left or right, but he is someone who will think about something rationally and logically rather than reacting based on ideology which I guess now days would make him a far right radical extremist. He is also very quick to call out the declining competency in all fields in the West (and says Western civilization is the pinnacle of human society, but is being ruined by people becoming more stupid and lazy), especially game developers.

i wont bother to watch this but if he says what u did its utter retardation.

there is only 1 virtue and thats laziness. waste and effort is easy and (should be) undesirable, making efficienct, effortless machine is hard, only reason that practical/geometrical intelligence exist (was needed to develop) is laziness/trauma and effort avoidance. its core of sentience.

also as for who is to blame, its simple. Hostile alien AI that inflitrated most aliens, hostile aliens, filthy preadamite hybrids/shkenazi jews, and retarded kuks allowing jews to print money and giving vaginas rights. in this order.
u know this goofy clown with weird hairdo meme with "its aliens"? jews pushed it to ridicule direct truth.

as for game developers decline is direct result of ignoring fact that vagina brain is only slightly more vocal variant of a goat brain. plus disinformation and castration/soy prgramming to reduce overpopulation and make kuks even easier to conquer.
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Your posts are generally more insightful than anything he said in this video. It's easy to identify a problem, but he doesn't seem to have a very clear understanding of the causes.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

aweigh wrote: September 11th, 2023, 13:09

its a shame, cause hunting rider fuckmeats, stripping them, dismembering with various tools for enjoyment and resources to make synth fuckmeats is my f4 core game loop.
they killed fun even in that since there is no gibbing or even removing clothing in soyfield. modders will likely add second but no way first one.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Gregz wrote: September 11th, 2023, 15:52

Your posts are generally more insightful than anything he said in this video. It's easy to identify a problem, but he doesn't seem to have a very clear understanding of the causes.
Sure, I mostly linked that particular video to show he isn't someone who sees everything through leftist ideology. His really insightful stuff is in regards to game design, which is his expert topic. The video does show that he is at least is able to think about problems like a normal person, which alone now days makes him refreshing to listen to and kind of an outlier for game developers.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

agentorange wrote: September 11th, 2023, 21:59
Gregz wrote: September 11th, 2023, 15:52

Sure, I mostly linked that particular video to show he isn't someone who sees everything through leftist ideology. His really insightful stuff is in regards to game design, which is his expert topic. The video does show that he is at least is able to think about problems like a normal person, which alone now days makes him refreshing to listen to and kind of an outlier for game developers.
The society of competent decsion makers has never existed. Exceptional people rise to the top, whether by luck, good genes, or planning, while society are the rest of us.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Snowflake. He blocked Vara.

Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I just realized who this guy is - he made Braid and some other game several years ago. How could anyone not think he was a progressive?
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Acrux wrote: September 11th, 2023, 22:16
Stop watching these ethots.
Vara was one of the few people to back MCA when he was accused. She may be quite literally be the only woman I look at for news.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

The_Mask wrote: September 11th, 2023, 22:21
Acrux wrote: September 11th, 2023, 22:16
Stop watching these ethots.
Vara was one of the few people to back MCA when he was accused. She may be quite literally be the only woman I look at for news.
If she hasn't shown you her tits yet, its time to move on.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Acrux wrote: September 11th, 2023, 22:17
I just realized who this guy is - he made Braid and some other game several years ago. How could anyone not think he was a progressive?
What do Braid or The Witness have to do with progressivism. Or with politics at all for that matter?
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

agentorange wrote: September 12th, 2023, 03:42

What do Braid or The Witness have to do with progressivism. Or with politics at all for that matter?
You mean the game where instead of rescuing a princess you're actually a problematic incel who has to be run off by her boyfriend?

The guy has a bunch of strikes against him.
1. He's an indie dev so that automatically counts as half a point.
2. His games are about deconstruction, a stupid postmodern concept that should be removed from, well, aything.
3. He's big on having a "message" in his games, a common progressive fault. (The Manhattan Project was bad, okay?)
4. He chickens out on saying what his obvious message is by saying it's up to the player - death of the author garbage.
5. He thinks games should be art (they shouldn't).
Pretty Princess

Post by Pretty Princess »

Acrux wrote: September 12th, 2023, 07:26
You mean the game where instead of rescuing a princess you're actually a problematic incel who has to be run off by her boyfriend?

The guy has a bunch of strikes against him.
1. He's an indie dev so that automatically counts as half a point.
2. His games are about deconstruction, a stupid postmodern concept that should be removed from, well, aything.
3. He's big on having a "message" in his games, a common progressive fault. (The Manhattan Project was bad, okay?)
4. He chickens out on saying what his obvious message is by saying it's up to the player - death of the author garbage.
5. He thinks games should be art (they shouldn't).
6. He's bald