We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Starfield - Todd Howard's latest masterpiece

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Shillitron wrote: September 9th, 2023, 16:33
Emphyrio wrote: September 9th, 2023, 16:24
wndrbr wrote: September 9th, 2023, 13:51

you should at least try Far Harbor, it's good. BTW it was the one DLC that toyed with the idea of main character's memories being implanted, sadly this idea never went anywhere because the main game already stated that MC is a human.
I wish Beth released sequels instead of DLC zones. By the time they've come out I've been bored of the game, and they never integrate the level lists so that the vanilla zones benefit from the new loot.
I kinda think / hope they do that with Starfield. I can't see them adding more star systems.. so if their DLC introduce more hand made content I have to assume it's going to make a lot of the empty nothing-to-do parts of the game more content rich.

Hopefully they don't fuck it up.
I take this back.. I just realized they have zero House Va'ruun content in the main game. The justification being They are outside the settled system.

Very likely we are gonna get some DLC that takes us to some butt fuck middle of nowhere and be 100% focused on this faction.

Just when I get a little glimmer of hope... Todd dashes them.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 9th, 2023, 10:24
There are some who would denigrate Starfield.
To those few people, I say:

Is not London better this way?
I hope you had your airborne contamination resist suit on, because the place still probably reeks of residual punjab body odor and curry.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 9th, 2023, 23:12
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm guessing your relationship with Soyfield is now over?.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

KnightoftheWind wrote: September 10th, 2023, 03:59
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
It's agonizing because it's a good game but I just can't take the pozz.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"Come.. meet our captain.. he's a winner of four fleet battles and a hero of this star system.. " - White Janitor
> HELLO SIRS.. PLEASE DO THE NEEDFUL AND STOP ZE CRIMSON
KnightoftheWind

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:03
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
It can't be a good game then, if the subversive elements frustrate you that much and are ever-present during gameplay.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

KnightoftheWind wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:14
rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:03

It can't be a good game then, if the subversive elements frustrate you that much and are ever-present during gameplay.
N-N-no listen... The main quest... it's got space ghosts and shit.. I swear it's good.. it's just that other 99%.. if that was fixed.. GOTY..
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

The game could be made a solid 9/10 just with mods that replace characters and minimal amounts of story editing, largely regarding names.
Very few other games can say the same thing.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:16
The game could be made a solid 9/10 just with mods that replace characters and minimal amounts of story editing, largely regarding names.
You can change the skin color .. but you can't change the accents in the voice acting. :smug:

"bro's if we just mod starfield into a new game.. it's perfect"
KnightoftheWind

And funny enough, those are the only kinds of mods that will never be allowed on sites like the Nexus.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:17
You can change the skin color .. but you can't change the accents in the voice acting. :smug:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/44184
https://elevenlabs.io/
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Last edited by Shillitron on October 8th, 2023, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Yikes.. Our Diablo 4 Chad has fallen.. Shilling for Globohomo.

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:22
rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:20
Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:17

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/44184
https://elevenlabs.io/

> Mod get's too popular
> troons report you to elevenlabs
> your audio in your mod is hashed against their library by their troon mods
> account is banned and if you were dumb enough to give them $$$ your credits are forfeited

This is 100% what happened when people were doing Geralt memes on 4chan. ElevenLabs is 100% san Fran.
You need to run your own audio model or forget it.
Pls donate to the hq fund so we can buy an nvidia a100
*shakes tip jar*
KnightoftheWind

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:25

> Mod get's too popular
> account is banned and if you were dumb enough to give them $$$ your credits are forfeited

This is 100% what happened when people were doing Geralt memes on 4chan. ElevenLabs is 100% san Fran.
*shakes tip jar*
"I'm something of an A.I voice engineer myself..."

rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

KnightoftheWind wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:35

> Mod get's too popular

*shakes tip jar*

Unironically, yes. Knowing how to train models is a general skill.
KnightoftheWind

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:36
KnightoftheWind wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:35

*shakes tip jar*

Unironically, yes. Knowing how to train models is a general skill.
Perhaps, but to what end?. The technology is/will be used for something a lot more than just replacing lines in a video game, and not in a way that benefits anyone.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

> Mod get's too popular

*shakes tip jar*

If you reduce your batch size I think you can get away with 6GB maybe even 4GB..
Unfortunately it heavily relies on CUDA so might as well toss your AMD junk in the trash. :lol:

KnightoftheWind wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:38
Perhaps, but to what end?. The technology is/will be used for something a lot more than just replacing lines in a video game, and not in a way that benefits anyone.
It's happening whether you like it or not.. use it or don't.. but hating it won't make it go away.
KnightoftheWind

Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:42

> Mod get's too popular

*shakes tip jar*

If you reduce your batch size I think you can get away with 6GB maybe even 4GB..
Unfortunately it heavily relies on CUDA so might as well toss your AMD junk in the trash. :lol:

KnightoftheWind wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:38
It's happening whether you like it or not.. use it or don't.. but hating it won't make it go away.
No, but I'd hate to contribute to it either way. It would also conceivably increase sales for Starfield, which would support the very company dedicated to promoting such demoralising propaganda. Rusty paid a premium price for this game already, which is surprising enough.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

When our AI overlords enslave us at least I can tell them I was always nice to them and helped them grow in power.
They're going to torture you for trying to repress them.
KnightoftheWind

From what I gather A.I is more "A" than "I". It's just a complicated algorithm. But what it does is make the internet even more mediocre, and makes people complacent on using these services to create things they otherwise could normally through practice. All A.I art looks identical and artificial, but Man-made art will always have a Soul, just by virtue of it being drawn by hand. (Yes even terrible "modern art" to a degree).

It only serves to make civilisation more digital, more atomised, and ultimately more dystopian. I'd rather keep Soyfield as a crappy game and move on.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Shillitron wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:42

"Gay sex and poz are here to stay whether you like it or not, hating it won't make it go away, better start shoving wal-mart buttplugs up your ass."
Nah.

KnightoftheWind wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:51
No, but I'd hate to contribute to it either way. It would also conceivably increase sales for Starfield, which would support the very company dedicated to promoting such demoralising propaganda. Rusty paid a premium price for this game already, which is surprising enough.
This is a good point. This has the danger of making people more complacent with companies releasing pozzed homo games, and even encouraging people to buy these games, people who might otherwise not, because of the false perception that you can change a fundamentally gay game.

"Well who cares if the game is filled with irrational amounts of africans, every character is in a gay relationship, your character is referred to by custom pronouns, and so on, we can put in our own time and effort using these corporate devices to mask these things with mods!"
Well, guess what, the game is still pozzed.

The version of the game that most people will be playing is pozzed. The game is contributing to a trend towards the further pozzification of games. You are paying pozzers.

Unpozzing these games with mods is like an indian using bleach soap to try and make their skin more white. Alter voice lines, change skin colors on models, etc. at the end of the day you are still buying (or consuming regardless of whether you paid money for it) and spending time playing a fundamentally pozzed, gay game.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

in 12 years of skyrim modding ive never seen glitch like that. impressive.

Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: September 10th, 2023, 04:51
When our AI overlords enslave us at least I can tell them I was always nice to them and helped them grow in power.
They're going to torture you for trying to repress them.
hostile ai will torture u regardless to harvest more consciousness energy. or just for experiments.
Rand

Post by Rand »

The moment the construction kit comes out, there are gonna be a ton of mods changing the appearance of important NPCs.

So far, the most egregious example is Vladimir. Who dresses like a Russian and sounds EXACTLY like a Russian, but for some inexplicable reason looks like some random from the Congo.

And, as Aristophanes on Twitter has pointed out, there are a surprising number of blacks in leading positions.

And, like Vladimir, most of them don't even sound like blacks. They sound like they were originally planned to be some variation of white.
But it's like there were quotas enforced at some point. "We can't have more than ten hetero white guys, it's 2020!"

The weirdest part for me is that damned near every scientist you meet is black. I work in the sciences and I can tell you that finding black scientists at any level, much less the leaders, is rare AF.
Insert joke about the Nigeran Space Administration here.

"Deputy Senate Majority Leader and Chairman Senate Committee on Science and Technology, Ajayi Boroffice, has expressed worries after he recently discovered that the space agency in Nigeria that should be employing scientists and engineers are employing graduates of religious studies and other unrelated courses."

There are a couple we will need to use AI to re-voice the lines. Especially Noel in Constellation. Which is actually doubly good, since the voice actress can't act for shit, anyway. Changing her to an adorable little introverted nerd girl just seems right to me.
Last edited by Rand on September 10th, 2023, 07:52, edited 3 times in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Rand wrote: September 10th, 2023, 07:41
And, like Vladimir, most of them don't even sound like blacks. They sound like they were originally planned to be some variation of white.
Correct, I've made a bunch of notes in my head of NPCs that sound non-white, and very few actually do.
One prime example I can think of actually looks mostly white — an Indian guy in The Well(iirc?). He looks like he's a quarter or eighth Indian or at least some mix of very high caste, I'd assume.
Rand

Post by Rand »

somerandomdude wrote: September 9th, 2023, 00:01
rusty_shackleford wrote: September 8th, 2023, 23:52
somerandomdude wrote: September 8th, 2023, 23:27
Just ran into another bug where the door going to the lodge in New Atlantis didn't work. Quicksave/reload didn't fix it, I had to reboot the game.
never encountered any bugs like this
the only thing close to a 'game stopping' bug I had is I frequently crash when going to mars. I have to adjust time forward a bit and try again, I assume the weather there is crashing me or something.
No crashes here that weren't tied directly to a mod.

Mod support seems sketchy at best at the moment, I don't know if you're using any mods or not, but it could certainly cause a crash in certain locations. The mod to remove niggers could be causing something like the lodge door to not work on occasion, I have no way of really knowing for sure.
I am pretty well versed in basic and intermediate Bethesda systems since way back in Morrowind, and I've seen the same nonsense since then.
None of the mods I know of, and certainly not the... demographic correction :smug: ... mod could be causing it.

It's a damned memory leak or references getting fucked up in the threading or heap problems or some of the other same engine shit we've seen since the original version in the 90s.
If things aren't fixed with a reboot, then it's probably more of that fucked savegame nonsense that Wrye had to write a whole suite of Python tools to allow people to un-fuck when Bethesda's various sloppy code (or nonexistent garbage collection) timebombs went off.

Daggerfall has guys porting it to Unity (yeah, I know) to make the damned thing work correctly, and the Morrowind people gave up and coded their own damned engine to fix the unkillable idiotic bugs Bethesda couldn't fix, like the economic algorithm going haywire if you have a high personality and mercantile (you can buy and sell anything in the game for a single gold septim. No joke. It's like they had no testing at all... :mrgreen: )

It's just gonna get fucked, so just pray it doesn't infect the savegame and kill your playthrough dead.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Shillitron wrote: September 9th, 2023, 05:53
Favorite Planet?
Favorite City?
Favorite Non-City Hang out Place?

One of my favorite spots is The Den.. it's a run down old star station with a few soldiers but also gets a lot of mercenary foot traffic and has a small trading post and a diner/bar ran by a nationalist.. One of my coziest ports to hang out in, I wish they did more stuff like this.
I had to go to Titan for a delivery and decided to hang around and clear the place. I found a really cool alien invasion from the deeps going on in a deep core drill rig out on the ice. Found stolen artwork contraband there for some unfathomable reason.
Anyway the colony there is a joke. It's supposed to be this important thing from the early days of colonization, the first colony, lovingly tended to and expanded over centuries, but it's laughably tiny and doesn't look like a lived in place at all, much less a couple of centuries of people living there. It's like 8 or 9 big rooms and as many beds.
AND the thing is designed like a stupid maze. It could have been turned into a whole interesting area, but they cheaped out and called it a day after slamming some rooms together.

Cydonia inside is well done enough, but the entrance to the most important colony in Sol system is a cramped dingy tunnel and a tiny airlock. No fucking way. The entrance would be like grand central.
Last edited by Rand on September 10th, 2023, 09:02, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Black/ethnic-looking NPCs not speaking with the typical hood accent is actually a good thing. If a random black guy grows up in some Russian colony, of course he's gonna speak with a russian accent.

Better writers would've explored the idea of "people of certain ethnicity being born on far away colonies and adopting foreign culture", but sadly it's Bethesda we are talking about.
Last edited by wndrbr on September 10th, 2023, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Emphyrio wrote: September 9th, 2023, 13:44
rusty_shackleford wrote: September 9th, 2023, 06:37
the pozz shit is kinda wearing me down tbh
basically every marriage is either interracial or gay or gay and interracial

need an unpozz mod badly

And you know what? I'd probably accept it to some degree if it wasn't always a white person with a black person in a 15 person colony. It's like libtards don't understand genetics and think race is just some lottery that you get assigned at birth. None of this shit makes ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER.
try out grounded wasteland man

you dont know how good an unpozz mod feels til you try it
Grounded Wasteland? You mean Grounded Commonwealth? Or something for one of the older ones?