We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew

For discussing tactical and strategy games. What's the difference between tactics and strategy anyways?

Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew

Post by 1998 »

Releasing next Thursday. Pretty sure I won't get it on release, even though I loved Shadow Tactics and still enjoyed Desperados and Aiko's Choice. They even went down with the price, now 40USD/EUR. DIII was 50 I believe. Thing is, it really looks like some cheap Chinese mobile knock-off and they were very open in "making it more accessible", aka dumbing it down. I think this was all a mistake and it will flop hard. Considering Mimimi is based in Munich (high cost of living) that might be the last of their TB Tactics game series.

Anyone actually planning to play this on release?
asf
Turtle
Turtle

Post by asf »

This looks like utter and total shit.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

I loved their previous games, but there is no way I'm ever going to pay for this shit. It really looks like a mobile game designed solely by predditors.

Making things more "accessible" is also a huge red flag. It never ever results in a better game in any way that matters.

It's sad, too, because after playing Shadow Tactics/Desperados III, both which I enjoyed immensely, I thought to myself that man, it would be cool to have one of these type of games squarely in some more fantasy-based setting, with accompanying mechanics, and that you could probably do a lot of fun things if you let leave of reality. I didn't expect them to let leave of their sanity.

Edit: Fuck I took a look at the newer screenshots since I last looked at this, and even the UI makes it look like it's intended to be played on a tablet. I refuse to believe that this isn't fully intended to be up in the "app stores" within 6 months of initial release. I fucking guarantee it.

Post by 1998 »

Shadow Gambit peak is at almost 4000. Better than I thought, worse than they hoped I guess.

Post by 1998 »

There was another pirate TB tactics game, looked much better. But damn forgot its name
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

1998 wrote: August 28th, 2023, 17:03
There was another pirate TB tactics game, looked much better. But damn forgot its name
This?

Post by 1998 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 28th, 2023, 17:25
1998 wrote: August 28th, 2023, 17:03
This?
Nah I think it was yet another one

Post by 1998 »

Actually maybe you are right, just now it also looks shit.
Luckmann
Hamster
Hamster

Post by Luckmann »

Sad. As I was saying on the Discord yesterday, part of me feels like they deserve to follow the trend of "get woke, go broke", but part of me was hoping that this game would do poorly but then be followed by non-shit games, because I actually really, really, really liked Desperados III and Shadow Tactics.

Such potential, just thrown the fuck away.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

Sounds more like the owners made enough money to retire.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Emphyrio wrote: August 30th, 2023, 15:33
Game is already on sale.

This game was made with government funding, btw. g*rmoid taxpayers paid to make this game.
Jason Bright

Post by Jason Bright »

rusty_shackleford wrote: August 30th, 2023, 17:41
Emphyrio wrote: August 30th, 2023, 15:33
Game is already on sale.

This game was made with government funding, btw. g*rmoid taxpayers paid to make this game.
Imagine not knowing what a "sensitivity expert" or "sensitivity reader" is in 2023. Like living during the Muslim conquests in the 8th century Middle East and wondering what these Imam guys are doing everywhere.
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

I don't know what they are. I've heard the term, and know they get called in to "fix" things, but I have no idea who they are or what they do....though I have my guesses.

But for some kind of fantasy character like in the picture, I seriously have no idea what a sensitivity expert would do that's other than a 100% completely transparent grift, that only government money would pay for.
Jason Bright

Post by Jason Bright »

Acrux wrote: August 30th, 2023, 19:26
I don't know what they are. I've heard the term, and know they get called in to "fix" things, but I have no idea who they are or what they do....though I have my guesses.

But for some kind of fantasy character like in the picture, I seriously have no idea what a sensitivity expert would do that's other than a 100% completely transparent grift, that only government money would pay for.

Everything creative is run through them to determine if it is culturally insensitive. In publishing they're called readers. Every significant publisher has to employ them or be denounced as evil. They don't just fix potentially problematic writing, they're the wing of the priestly class tasked to ensure that nothing immoral possibly makes it's way through so they're deeply involved from the start.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

A sensitivity expert is like when girls do their nesting, except sensitivity experts don't have babies and the sensitivity gets spread around at work instead of home.
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

maidenhaver wrote: August 31st, 2023, 00:02
A sensitivity expert is like when girls do their nesting, except sensitivity experts don't have babies and the sensitivity gets spread around at work instead of home.
"When I don't know something I write some reddit shit and pretend to be funny!"
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Atlantico wrote: August 31st, 2023, 15:40
"When I'm mad and I don't know what else to say, I write the word reddit over and over and pretend to be funny!"
Atlantico
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Atlantico »

maidenhaver wrote: August 31st, 2023, 16:18
Atlantico wrote: August 31st, 2023, 15:40
"When I'm mad and I don't know what else to say, I write the word reddit over and over and pretend to be funny!"
lmao write an essay loser