Video Games aren't made for you

No RPG elements? It probably goes here!
maidenhaver

Video Games aren't made for you

Post by maidenhaver »

If you're over the age of 25, I have news for you that could help you make sense of your confusing feelings for games. Video games weren't made for you. We aren't the audience. Even pretentious art games like Disco Visualnovel were made for children, not for grown ups like your selves. We've already played the archetypal, genre-defining games of our childhoods, and if you missed them then, there's no going back. We can't experience what its like to play a new game. All this decline is simply you getting older and the world leaving you behind. Bacchus says you're ugly and he only dances with the young.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Dollar per consumer, non-mobile? Most valuable consumer age is probably near 30.
Ratcatcher
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Ratcatcher »

So, you're telling me my students should be better Dominions players than I am, right?
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 30th, 2023, 09:57
Dollar per consumer, non-mobile? Most valuable consumer age is probably near 30.
Yes. About 25 is when you know you're getting too old for games, but you have become addicted. By 30 you either break free of the gayms, or you embrace the manbaby life and cope.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Ratcatcher wrote: May 30th, 2023, 10:04
So, you're telling me my students should be better Dominions players than I am, right?
This is actually fake news. Everybody knows you get better at deck building games the more you age. Even luck bends to your will when you're older.

I refuse to back that up with stats, and elaborate further. :smug:
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

Most of the games I play are for retired people in their late 40's and early 50's.
Phos

Post by Phos »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 30th, 2023, 09:57
Yes, but the mental age of most of these 30 year olds is under 20...
Roguey
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Roguey »

Yeah I've certainly aged out of what's most popular these days, but there are still new games coming out that appeal to me.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

I've been enjoying Cultic and Warhammer 40K Boltgun recently. I've never had an interest in classic FPS games before, so it's come as a surprise to me just how good these games are. There are quality experiences to be had, you just have to ignore the AAA nonsense.
Emphyrio

Post by Emphyrio »

The_Mask wrote: May 30th, 2023, 21:23
Ratcatcher wrote: May 30th, 2023, 10:04
This is actually fake news. Everybody knows you get better at deck building games the more you age. Even luck bends to your will when you're older.

I refuse to back that up with stats, and elaborate further. :smug:
i dont think hes talking about the deck building game bro, but rather the best fantasy strategy game ever made
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Games are dead. The new games I see are remakes, sequels, open worlds, and spiritual successors.

Who knew doing games like they're movies would lead to the same end?