Dragon's Dogma 2 - 1st Trailer Released

HQ-related news you should probably read.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

So they've added the catfolk, but not saurians? Missed opportunity
jcd

Post by jcd »

I watched the trailer for DD 1 the other day and it was like someone was trying really hard to make a video of the most generic fantasy game imaginable. Knights, wizards, dragons, kings, swordfighting, etc.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

jcd wrote: June 4th, 2023, 13:49
I watched the trailer for DD 1 the other day and it was like someone was trying really hard to make a video of the most generic fantasy game imaginable. Knights, wizards, dragons, kings, swordfighting, etc.
"Generic" fantasy is a breath of fresh air, after years and years of edgy "dark" fantasy.
jcd

Post by jcd »

This is offensively bland and boring.
KnightoftheWind

jcd wrote: June 4th, 2023, 14:18

This is offensively bland and boring.
I hope you're joking, it's a great trailer.
jcd

Post by jcd »

Generic knights, generic fantasy monsters, a generic dragon, the blandest possible medieval buildings, peasants in rags, wooden fortfications, a dungeon with stone walls. This is pure snorefest. There isn't a gram of originality to be found anywhere in this trailer. If this makes you excited you must be a walking WASP stereotype that exclusively eats steamed vegetables and unseasoned chicken breasts every day.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

If you haven't played the game, it's as bland as the trailer. Some seem to love it though.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

A mechanically robust generic RPG without 2023 ugliness would be nice.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

KnightoftheWind wrote: June 4th, 2023, 15:08
RPGHQ with it's terrible taste once again.
I prefer a forum with a wide range of tastes and willing to debate over it.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

It's funny how KnightoftheWind probably has the worst taste of anyone on this forum, yet he complains about other people's tastes the most.
KnightoftheWind

Compared to the users who think Daggerfall is an actual video game?. I don't think so.
revenant

Post by revenant »

@KnightoftheWind are you HHR! because he also used to complain about dark fantasy (also was a closeted faggot)
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Don't see anything wrong with generic classic fantasy. Been a while since we had an action-rpg with chimeras, griffins, cyclops, hydras and other mythical beasts played straight.
KnightoftheWind

I'm just glad I finally get to play another fantasy game that isn't set in a bleak, grey world filled with abstract monsters and "grey morality". In Dragon's Dogma, the Dragon represents absolute evil, and you as the player are fighting to reclaim what is essentially your soul. Unfortunately the devs also threw it away with the Seneschal character/role, which is essentially their version of God in the Dragon's Dogma world.
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

Oh, so in Dragon's Dogma, God kills you? What a twist.