Diablo 4

For RPGs that require a persistently online connection.
Arbiter

Diablo 4

Post by Arbiter »

Any opinions after server slam that has just concluded? Are you buying nuBlizzard's next classic? I am sharing my opinion that I had previously posted on Dex.

Good
- art style better than in D3 (I know, the bar is not set very high)
- return of old school spells like fireball and fire wall
- verticality is a nice touch

Bad
- MMO lite
- Horrible level scaling
- Smart loot - most items you find geared toward your class
- Further casualization: a sorceror cannot equip swords
- Lea 2.0
- UI permanently displays keyboard shortcuts. I did not bother to check if it can be disabled in Control Settings, but it clearly shows who this game is geared toward
- It is obviously the same Diablo 3 engine, movement feels the same way, boss health bars look the same way
- Pretentious writing - lame in-game poetry displayed in one of in-engine cutscenes
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

It's not Diablo. It's a pay to win live service with the Diablo skin.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

MadPreacher wrote: May 15th, 2023, 00:07
Diablo's developers would be proud if they could see it.
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

I wouldn't play it even if it were totally free. Everything Arbiter wrote is correct, but the worst part for me is how thoroughly dishonest and uninspired this game seems. Especially the atmosphere and art direction are only superficially grimdark, underneath is the trite corporate social justice travesty that infects every big-budget game.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 15th, 2023, 00:09
If you have an actual link to the original source I would believe you, but I don't. The original Diablo came complete. The expansion pack, Hellfire, wasn't done by them. It was done by Sierra Online and is rejected by Blizzard as being canon.

Diablo II was complete as well with an expansion pack Lord of Destruction. I don't see where your picture plays a role in what I said.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

MadPreacher wrote: May 15th, 2023, 00:27
If you have an actual link to the original source I would believe you, but I don't. The original Diablo came complete. The expansion pack, Hellfire, wasn't done by them. It was done by Sierra Online and is rejected by Blizzard as being canon.

Diablo II was complete as well with an expansion pack Lord of Destruction. I don't see where your picture plays a role in what I said.
https://www.graybeardgames.com/download ... _pitch.pdf

That's David Brevik's website, btw
https://www.graybeardgames.com/about.html
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 15th, 2023, 00:28
MadPreacher wrote: May 15th, 2023, 00:27

https://www.graybeardgames.com/download ... _pitch.pdf

That's David Brevik's website, btw
https://www.graybeardgames.com/about.html
In that case I agree with you.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

I played the last beta, the only character I played was necromancer, and it was the worst necromancer I've ever played in any ARPG. Last Epoch is better than Diablo 4 if you're looking for something newer that's not always online pay-to-win shit.

Attack damage for all your skills/spells scale off base weapon damage. So, equipping a 2h sword on my necromancer makes him do more damage with a bone spear spell than using a sickle + shield. Gear and stats are every bit as streamlined as they were in Diablo 3.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

Diablo was never good. Imagine enjoying clickfest combat and randomized garbage loot.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

For as bad as Diablo 4 is, it's better than Final Fantasy XIV.
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

somerandomdude wrote: May 21st, 2023, 09:13
That's an incredibly low bar but I wouldn't even compare the two since Diablo 4 is not an MMO.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

GhostCow wrote: May 21st, 2023, 13:53
somerandomdude wrote: May 21st, 2023, 09:13
That's an incredibly low bar but I wouldn't even compare the two since Diablo 4 is not an MMO.
It kind of is an MMO. It's always online, you see other players while exploring around the areas, and you even got world bosses where random players show up to take it on. There's also limited trading on certain items. Rares mostly.
SDG

Post by SDG »

I preordered it. Haters can lick my taint after I poop. Anyways who is going to bro-op with me on thursday?
J1M
Turtle
Turtle

Post by J1M »

It still uses a zoomed in camera like Diablo Immortal, so I have no interest. I ended up playing more D2R than D4 during the beta weekend.
KnightoftheWind

Post by KnightoftheWind »

SDG wrote: May 29th, 2023, 04:07
I preordered it. Haters can lick my taint after I poop. Anyways who is going to bro-op with me on thursday?
Dead
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Dead »

It's not so much hatred as pity
Gregz
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Gregz »

Blizzard's decline from 100 to 0 is complete.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Gregz wrote: May 29th, 2023, 19:25
Blizzard's decline from 100 to 0 is complete.
Blizzard declined the moment that tried to make WH and WH40K computer games without a license as a way to secure that license. It only accelerated after Diablows 3.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

Grim Dawn, or Last Epoch are a lot better than D4. If you're looking for an ARPG game, I'd recommend those if you haven't played them.
Klerik

Post by Klerik »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... 9b202&ei=7

*puts on SA uniform and burns all videogames in the house*
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

Klerik wrote: June 19th, 2023, 01:51

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... 9b202&ei=7

*puts on SA uniform and burns all videogames in the house*
Multimillionaire whining about getting money back for a shitty game.

SDG

Post by SDG »

So spoiler alert, this game is actually really fucking good. Light years beyond Diablo 3 in pretty much every way imaginable. Artstyle, storytelling, characters, gameplay, better variety of builds and deeper character building. Been uploading alot of videos about it on my youtube channel.

Is anyone else here actually playing it? Unfortunately the beta scared many people away. That was a terrible representation of the actual game.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

SDG wrote: June 25th, 2023, 01:13
So spoiler alert, this game is actually really fucking good. Light years beyond Diablo 3 in pretty much every way imaginable. Artstyle, storytelling, characters, gameplay, better variety of builds and deeper character building. Been uploading alot of videos about it on my youtube channel.

Is anyone else here actually playing it? Unfortunately the beta scared many people away. That was a terrible representation of the actual game.
So you like corporate shit. How's your Bud Lite going tranny lover?
SDG

Post by SDG »

MadPreacher wrote: June 25th, 2023, 01:35

Up yours dipshit. You don't know jackshit about this game.
General Reign

Post by General Reign »

WOW! It is LIGHTYEARS beyond a game that is dogshit!
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

SDG wrote: June 25th, 2023, 02:25
MadPreacher wrote: June 25th, 2023, 01:35

Up yours dipshit. You don't know jackshit about this game.
Ahh did I hurt the tranny lover's fee-fees? I know that the game is made by a bunch of retarded cunts that hate your guts. They're just bending you over and fucking you up the ass. You enjoy it. Never mind the fact that it will get micro-transactions and pay to win like they did in Diablow Immoral.
SDG

Post by SDG »

I'm having fun, and you're mad. All that needs to be said.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

SDG wrote: June 25th, 2023, 08:13
I'm having fun, and you're mad. All that needs to be said.
Why would I be mad? I don't give a shit about you. In fact, I'm laughing at you tranny lover.

I don't give a shit about Diablow 4 Tranny Boogaloo either. You most certainly do which is why you reacted the way you did. Did I hurt the poor idiotic alcoholic's fee-fees? Go drink some Drano with your Bud Lite.
MadPreacher

Post by MadPreacher »

SDG wrote: June 26th, 2023, 22:17
I'm upset, so I'll drink Drano with my Bud Lite.
If you want too ain't nobody going to stop you since nobody gives a shit about you.