We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Konjad

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Post by Konjad »

E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is a shooter with one of the most interesting setting I have ever seen in a video games, and it has an amazing atmosphere too! While the writing is really bad, it doesn't get in a way too much and the story can be ignored. While the game is just decent in singleplayer, E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy is probably the best co-op multiplayer shooter/RPG I have ever played. It's not just about shooting too, as players can use various PSI abilities and other kinds of skills too. I recommend getting it with friends to play together. However, if you have no friends, then it's pretty good too, albeit you will miss the strongest point of the game.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Konjad posting every single one of his 10,000 steam reviews.

I didn't like EYE much, even though it has a lot of the pieces of the kinds of games I like. It superficially looks like a Deus Ex/System Shock 2 style game but really isn't. Gameplay felt like a wave-based shooter where you're killing tons of braindead enemies. Admittedly the shooting itself felt very good and I liked the movement options. Setting also while being kind of novel for a game I could not ignore the fact that it was a blatant pastiche of 40k, Ghost in the Shell, and Hellgate London. It's a game that feels like an overly ambitious mod. These are my opinions based on when I played 10 years ago so maybe I'd think differently if I tried it again.
Konjad

Post by Konjad »

agentorange wrote: February 9th, 2023, 11:53
I'm trying to start some discussions, would you rather have no posts here except the harry potter, roguelike and what was your first rpg threads?
Maggot

Post by Maggot »

agentorange wrote: February 9th, 2023, 11:53

I didn't like EYE much, even though it has a lot of the pieces of the kinds of games I like. It superficially looks like a Deus Ex/System Shock 2 style game but really isn't. Gameplay felt like a wave-based shooter where you're killing tons of braindead enemies. Admittedly the shooting itself felt very good and I liked the movement options. Setting also while being kind of novel for a game I could not ignore the fact that it was a blatant pastiche of 40k, Ghost in the Shell, and Hellgate London. It's a game that feels like an overly ambitious mod. These are my opinions based on when I played 10 years ago so maybe I'd think differently if I tried it again.
The shooting may be satisfying in the early levels, but once every enemy gets shields you're stuck using the same 2 or 3 weapons for the rest of the game. The RPG mechanics don't feel very well integrated into the game for me past the big things like cyber legs for faster running and higher jumps and while the hacking minigame is cool at first, you quickly find out the optimal way to do it is to just stack attack bonuses then attack, everything else is a waste of time. As far as respawns go I don't have an issue with them as a concept, but there should be some sort of intelligent design to them like SS2 or Prey. In EYE there's just a bunch of designated corridors where enemies will periodically pour through until you finish the mission.

EYE is one of those games that always gets brought up for co-op with the lads and I always remember why we didn't finish our last playthrough not very far into the session.