We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Monomyth - Immersive Sim RPG by Autistic Germoid Living in Basement

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Kalarion
Turtle
Turtle

Monomyth - Immersive Sim RPG by Autistic Germoid Living in Basement

Post by Kalarion »

We need to start a thread for this, in particular to capture updates from Rat Tower, and to track release for those of us expats that backed the game through the Codex.

I highly recommend reading the Codex thread for anyone interested in what a dedicated, consistent new dev focused on building the game dev pipeline looks like. He gives his thoughts on the business side throughout as well (musings on how to setup his company, trying to budget and plan for his kickstarter etc).

I held my nose and logged into the Codex to ask Rat Tower if he'd be willing to put us on his auto-post list for dev updates etc.

Copy/paste from the Codex:

Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/836367155/monomyth
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =927720909

Kickstarter video:

Steam page:

Original introduction post from Rat Tower:
► It's long so spoilered
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Intriguing, hopefully the power of germanic biomechanical brain autism can pull through.
agentorange

Post by agentorange »

Since it's supposedly inspired by Arx Fatalis and King's Field it's the type of game I would be interested in, but everything about it looks so lackluster and banal. It doesn't help that despite my having read that every asset in the game is hand-made it looks like a Unity/UE asset store game, absolutely no distinctive style. If everything else in the game were stellar maybe it would balance out, but not getting my hopes up.
garren

Post by garren »

agentorange wrote: September 18th, 2023, 11:07
Since it's supposedly inspired by Arx Fatalis and King's Field it's the type of game I would be interested in, but everything about it looks so lackluster and banal. It doesn't help that despite my having read that every asset in the game is hand-made it looks like a Unity/UE asset store game, absolutely no distinctive style. If everything else in the game were stellar maybe it would balance out, but not getting my hopes up.
Yeah so far the style looks a bit generic, like it's made from assets glued together (which it is). However I think the polishing phase can alleviate that a lot if RatTower really puts in the effort to break the somewhat monotonous look. We'll see, I'm just waiting for another demo to drop so I can see the improvements made since the kickstarter demo.
Element

Post by Element »

I thought you'd be able to draw anything reading that description :(
Last edited by Element on October 22nd, 2023, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

I got my beta key, and I've played about 1h. For that 1h, I went through the tutorial, and I liked it. There were no bugs and the game was kind of fun.

I will keep you updated.
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

I might give the demo a try, and not to be an asshole because I understand this is a passion project, but how will this be unique vs many of the other RPGs we currently have?
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Cogemeister wrote: April 24th, 2024, 08:49
but how will this be unique vs many of the other RPGs we currently have?
well there aren't many Ultima Underworld / Arx Fatalis successors.