We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Master Chris Avellone Thread

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

We should steal MCA from that putrid swamp and bring him here to post on his career and RPGs in general. Tell him we killed @Roguey, it might do the trick.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Shillitron wrote: April 26th, 2024, 22:21
Faceless_Sentinel wrote: April 26th, 2024, 21:30
Shillitron wrote: April 26th, 2024, 11:49
He was whining on Codex about how Sawyers rape quest in New Vegas was disgusting and sexist...
I played New Vegas two times and the only "rape quests" I remember is this, but rape is only mentioned, so I ask you what "rape quests" means.

Exactly that quest. MCA was infinitely butt hurt that Sawyer put that in the design doc for the quest. MCA said it was inappropriate for video games and triggering then started BAWWWing about how he has known women that were abused blahblahblah.

10 minutes later some random woman accused him of sexual harassment and essentially ruined his life and career - funny how the world works.
I highly doubt him or Sawyer thought anything of the quest when it was added to the game, it's just typical leftist history revisionism they have to regularly perform to not get canceled.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 27th, 2024, 10:09
I highly doubt him or Sawyer thought anything of the quest when it was added to the game, it's just typical leftist history revisionism they have to regularly perform to not get canceled.
I'm split 50-50.
Context: MCA was pissed off with Obsidian, IIRC this was around the time he was having a falling out with Parker & Fergus.

Either:
A) In a "I hate how Obsidian is run" passive aggression he began stomping around the office whining and bitching constantly about everything and saw the rape quest as a opportunity to grand stand and cause more drama.

B) He didn't know or care at the time and then in an alcohol fueled rage on Codex decided to do exactly what you said - a buncha "oh now I hated this the whole time - look look Obsidian encourages rape, what a shitty place" gossip dump in a sort of last "fuck you" to Obsidian after exiting. (It's well known that many Obsidian employees lurk Codex so he was probably hoping they would read his thread)
Acrux
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Acrux »

Irenaeus wrote: April 26th, 2024, 22:28
We should steal MCA from that putrid swamp and bring him here to post on his career and RPGs in general. Tell him we killed @Roguey, it might do the trick.
I hope he posts here and gets @Shillitron confused with Infiny and goes on a long unhinged rant towards him! :lol:
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Acrux wrote: April 27th, 2024, 13:55
Irenaeus wrote: April 26th, 2024, 22:28
I hope he posts here and gets @Shillitron confused with Infiny and goes on a long unhinged rant towards him! :lol:
I'm still butthurt that he called me a fake journalist. :mad:
The_Mask

Post by The_Mask »

Fun note on Jet for #Fallout. The idea for the inhaler as a delivery mechanism came from members of my family, me included, who had asthma when younger.

2ndCommunity Question on #FalloutOnPrime – while watching the show I was confused about the drug that kept The Ghoul from becoming feral. At first I thought it was regulated/diluted RadAway, then it seemed to be Jet, then… I have no idea. Is it said what this is?

My comment: I don't think anyone that made that show actually cares to adhere to anything coming from the first 2 Fallouts.