Black Myth: Wukong

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
The_Mask

Black Myth: Wukong

Post by The_Mask »

Planned Release Date: 19 Aug, 2024

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

ABOUT THIS GAME
Black Myth: Wukong is an action RPG rooted in Chinese mythology. The story is based on Journey to the West, one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature. You shall set out as the Destined One to venture into the challenges and marvels ahead, to uncover the obscured truth beneath the veil of a glorious legend from the past.

• Explore a Land of Vast Wonders
A world unseen, where new sights rise with every stride. Enter a fascinating realm filled with the wonders and discoveries of ancient Chinese mythology!

As the Destined One, you shall venture through breathtaking landscapes in the classic tale of Journey to the West, creating a new epic of uncharted adventures.

• Confront Mighty Foes, Old and New
Heroic Monkey, might and fame, adversaries rise, to test his name. One of the major highlights of Journey to the West is its diverse cast of adversaries, each with unique strengths.

As the Destined One, you shall encounter powerful foes and worthy rivals throughout your journey. Fearlessly engage them in epic battles where surrender is not an option.

• Temper Your Mastery of Varied Spells
Spells unbound, knowledge's flight, infinite abilities take their height. Spells, transformations, and magic vessels in all manifestations, complementary yet adversarial, have long been iconic combat elements of Chinese mythology.

As the Destined One, aside from mastering various staff techniques, you can also freely combine different spells, abilities, weapons, and equipment to find the winning strategy that best suits your combat style.

• Discover Heartfelt Tales Behind Every Facade
Within beings of every kind lies the story of a life. Beneath the ferocity and craftiness of your foes lies an engaging tapestry of their origins, personalities, and motivations waiting to be revealed.

As the Destined One, you will uncover the stories behind a variety of characters, delving beyond your battles with them, to taste the love and hate, greed and fury they once had and still carry with them.
Last edited by The_Mask on May 8th, 2024, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.

Tags:
maidenhaver

Post by maidenhaver »

If its called Black Myth why's the monkey white?
GhostCow

Post by GhostCow »

This has been on my wishlist for a while. It looks pretty cool. I don't want to get my hopes up though
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

Didn't this game bomb already? Or was that a different 'souls like' monkey game....

Post by 1998 »

Must be nice to be into souls-likes, a new game every week.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

we wuz Sun Wukong n shiet
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

hehe chinese are telling the one story their entire country has ever written again
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

I liked the part when sun wukong defeated frieza
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

rusty_shackleford wrote: May 8th, 2024, 03:50
hehe chinese are telling the one story their entire country has ever written again
Wait, they didn't write Romance of the Three Kingdoms?
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

The classics are:

(1) Journey to the West by one guy,

(2) Water Margins, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, and a third fantasy novel by another guy.

* Water Margins is disputed who is the author, but likely the same guy.

(3) 10 000 000 light novels and comics about cultivating martial artists vampires at a rate of 10 new ones a day.
500 to sometimes 5000 chapters each.
Irenaeus

Post by Irenaeus »

NotAI wrote: May 8th, 2024, 16:23
(3) 10 000 000 light novels and comics about cultivating martial artists vampires at a rate of 10 new ones a day.
500 to sometimes 5000 chapters each.
AI generation or a billion chinks with a typewritter? Impossibru to differentiate.
SoLong

Post by SoLong »

This looks unironically amazing.

Maybe I can overcome my aversion to soulslike games...
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Last action game I could really sink into like this was Jade Empire, and only after they completely custom designed the game for mouse/keyboard play. I have tried many, but "most" end up being just console games made for controllers and they feel and function like it when played with keyboard/mouse.
somerandomdude

Post by somerandomdude »

The game looks great, and we know for a fact it won't be woke. The combat looks closer to Nioh than Dark Souls or Elden Ring. There's different weapon grips which function kind of like stances in Nioh games.
NotAI

Post by NotAI »

Jade Empire was great!

Edit. I actually liked it better than Mass Effect.
Last edited by NotAI on May 10th, 2024, 01:16, edited 1 time in total.