We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Quasimorph (Turn based “RPG”)

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Cogemeister

Quasimorph (Turn based “RPG”)

Post by Cogemeister »

Thread for discussing Quasimorph.
Is it FotM?
Is it retarded?
Is it really good?
I personally think it looks interesting, I’m not a huge fan of extraction type games and I guess I’d also call it a roguelite while also being a sort of an RPG.
Guns in the game look sweet, depth and details look good, and factions are cool. Recent steam reviews aren’t very good signs.
SpellSword

Post by SpellSword »

I'm waiting for it to leave Early Access before giving it a try. It does look interesting though.
Cogemeister wrote: May 4th, 2024, 07:25
Recent steam reviews aren’t very good signs.
That is concerning but with roguelikes it is hard to tell if that is the game's fault or people trying it that don't mesh well with the genre.
Nammu Archag

Post by Nammu Archag »

These are what the bad reviews look like btw

Complaining about permadeath and lack of savescumming in a ROGUELIKE. A lot of gamers are idiots
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Nammu Archag wrote: May 4th, 2024, 13:49

Complaining about permadeath and lack of savescumming in a ROGUELIKE. A lot of gamers are idiots
I didn't know anything about the game, read that review there and while reading it I said, so the game plays like a roguelike... maybe the developer should have informed the player on that one...

So I go to the game page, read through... and it says this exactly:
Quasimorph is a mix of classic turn-based roguelike RPG with an unique extraction twist:
If you die, you lose everything you took on the mission.
If you survive, you keep everything you looted.
No exceptions. No excuses. No mercy.

What is wrong with people? It clearly states EXACTLY what the game play is and what to expect...

Yes, idiots... completely.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Nammu Archag wrote: May 4th, 2024, 13:49

"73.4 hours on record"
I hate people who do this shit
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

So I’ve started playing through the game. It’s pretty detailed, the healing system is akin to Escape from Tarkov as the game uses a limb system, along with burns, infections, poison, etc. you can hack off body parts/ skin, and collect feces if you wish. On the other hand it’s very brutal and you will probably end up 🏳️‍⚧️ yourself more than once. Cover is a little broken, it can come in handy or end up being your demise.

I still need to play a bit more, but so far it’s a very interesting take on the “roguelite” genre, even though I’d consider it more like an extraction rpg. I haven’t tried all classes, and definitely haven’t used enough guns to make an opinion on them.
Cogemeister

Post by Cogemeister »

Yup, that’s how I originally found out about the game, along with Reggie (Sseth wanna-be)
Fuze

Post by Fuze »

I've got around a hundred hours on it, calling it a rpg would be pretty far fetched. Obviously had a bit fun for reaching this number, but it's obviously still an early acess, balance is questionable at best. They made few QoL improvement over the moth I've been playing this, and the game now as a semblance of Storyline/Main quest, though it implementation remains a bit raw.
You're going to see a lot of people complaining about weapon durability and pawn death, both are complete non-issue. You've got enough option to deal weapon durability once you get a hang of the system, it's just going to fuck you at the beginning when you don't know how to manage this, so a completely normal mechanic for a roguelite. Loosing a clone is obviously annoying, but the important skill level pretty fast, and the meme one like + turret health or last reserve are mostly pointless.