We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Kingdom Come 2 - to be officially revealed on April 18th

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Cipher wrote: April 18th, 2024, 22:44
Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:44
No sign of wokeism at the trailer at least so that's a positive signal definitely. More skeptical than not but of course I always hope the doomers are proven wrong despite me being one.
Not only there is no wokeness, the trailer ends with a character making an honest prayer to God, unironically and without any hint of sarcasm or mockery.

I know better than getting hyped but... so far so good.
You missed a post above. It isn't good news. They are bait and switching. The video looks good, but its just to get people hyped and lead them to jump pre-order/buy because most people won't read a random article.
Statesman wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:22
https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-co ... se-studios
Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”
But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.

Tags:
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

I am convinced steam uses bots to populate new forums. They have Kingdom Come II up there now, and it is being spammed with "Based" and "Not this game woke crowd", etc... some are posting links to articles about the wokeness, but most are ignoring and continuing to post "Alright, awesome... a real game" crap.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

The first game had a shitload of European ethnicities. "White" is not an ethnicity. Please be better at being racist.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 19th, 2024, 00:25
The first game had a shitload of European ethnicities. "White" is not an ethnicity. Please be better at being racist.
Yes, but... that is not what they are suggesting.

They specifically state in the original interview that there was a lack of diversity in the first game, that it was a problem. (you contest this by your mention). So, what is it they are going to fix in the next one? See the issue here?

Edit: They also say as well as "diverse", they are going to add "Different" as well.. so.. umm... what does that mean?

So, take that which we know, add in all of the information gathered so far about developers, conflict at the studio, change of direction, and these articles... well... what do you think?
Last edited by Xenich on April 19th, 2024, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

*huffs copium*

Maybe by diversity they mean more europeans. The first game only had Czechs, Hungarians, and a one German guy whose house got smeared in manure. Since the second game takes place in a big city, there's bound to be more foreigners - Poles, Lithuanians, Jews, maybe even Turks.

And Warhorse probably prefers not to get into hot water on the first day after their big announcement, they're not gonna answer "we hate niggers!" after being asked about diversity by a gamejourno.

*copium wears off*

Who am I kidding.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Xenich wrote: April 19th, 2024, 00:47
Oyster Sauce wrote: April 19th, 2024, 00:25
Yes, but... that is not what they are suggesting.

They specifically state in the original interview that there was a lack of diversity in the first game, that it was a problem. (you contest this by your mention). So, what is it they are going to fix in the next one? See the issue here?

Edit: They also say as well as "diverse", they are going to add "Different" as well.. so.. umm... what does that mean?

So, take that which we know, add in all of the information gathered so far about developers, conflict at the studio, change of direction, and these articles... well... what do you think?
Exactly. The original already had a lot of actual diversity. Its not us claiming "white" its an ethnicity, its them.

That why hispanics and asians are only POC when the libtard wokesters need them to be. And when they don't then they are either white or "white presenting" which is equally as sinful in their retarded totem pole of intersectionality.

The setting of the game didn't need to be "more diverse and different".

Granted, this is a stupid internet journo article, but its enough cause for concern. The devs got a lot of flak from twitter wokesters because there was no wakandian on sight.

And now the article claims the sequel is the game the first one "was supposed to be".

Also, we know they are under Microsoft now and we also know MS is now requiring woke shit if you want your game on Xbox.

So this could be a case of Netflix Masters of the Universe, where the trailer shows He-Man a lot, but it turns out the trailer scenes were 90% of the entire screen time He-Man gets in a series about He-Man.

I was never hopeful, the trailer gave me some copium, but now I am back to wait and see and expect it to be woke.
Decline

Post by Decline »

Xenich wrote: April 19th, 2024, 00:47
Niggers in medieval Europe.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Shown in a trailer:
- Father Godwin, Hans Capon and that gay Hungarian nobleman all return
- There's gonna be crossbows
- There's gonna be firearms
- Swimming mechanics? There's a blink and you'll miss it scene with naked Henry saying "hope it's not too deep"

Various previews say that:
- the game still uses Cryengine and reuses a lot of KCD1's assets
- the gameworld is going to be twice as big as the first KCD - this time around it's split into two maps
- no ubisoft activities, copypasted bandit camps or question marks on a map, the world design will be similar to the first KCD game
- world designers aren't trying to make their world densely packed like it's a bethesdian theme park, some parts of the world are going to be relatively empty because it's just forest
- Kutna Hora (Kuttenberg), the game's main city, will be similar to Rattay but way bigger
- light crossbows can be reloaded while on horseback, heavy crossbows can only be reloaded with a special lever tool
- devs are not ditching KCD1's combat system, instead they are trying to improve it
- devs are expanding and iterating on KCD1's systems, they don't plan to cut or streamline anything
- the NPCs still have their own stats, inventories, behavioral patterns, daily routines, etc
- if you pass out drunk, you can get robbed.
- there's gonna be blacksmithing mechanics
- the tone of the game will be more grand and less down-to-earth, you will be dealing with the nobility instead of peasants and soldiers
- since you're a knight now the questgivers will no longer send you to do fedex busywork, there's gonna be a lot more Game of Thrones style politicking and scheming
- there's gonna be a bigger focus on cinematic battles and sieges, there will be generally more spectacle

Apparently it's gonna be the end of Henry's story. So, no KCD3? No Prague? No Hussite wars? eh.
Vergil

Post by Vergil »

Xenich wrote: April 18th, 2024, 22:48
Cipher wrote: April 18th, 2024, 22:44
Anon wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:44
No sign of wokeism at the trailer at least so that's a positive signal definitely. More skeptical than not but of course I always hope the doomers are proven wrong despite me being one.
Not only there is no wokeness, the trailer ends with a character making an honest prayer to God, unironically and without any hint of sarcasm or mockery.

I know better than getting hyped but... so far so good.
You missed a post above. It isn't good news. They are bait and switching. The video looks good, but its just to get people hyped and lead them to jump pre-order/buy because most people won't read a random article.
Statesman wrote: April 18th, 2024, 20:22
https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-co ... se-studios
Kuttenberg may also be a change for the series in another notable way. When the original Kingdom Come: Deliverance was released in 2018, it came under scrutiny for its decision to more or less leave out people of color, which Vavra attributed to a desire for historical accuracy. In a 2015 tweet he wrote, “Would you please explain to me whats racist about telling the truth? There were no black people in medieval Bohemia. Period.”
But when asked if Warhorse’s philosophy had changed at all for the sequel, or if it would incorporate more stories like the original game’s DLC, A Woman’s Lot, Stolz-Zwilling told IGN, “The story and plot of KCD has evolved—it’s darker, deeper, and more cinematic, yet also crueler with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the players’s conscience. Nevertheless, it retains its humor and down-to-earth approach. As mentioned already, Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively Cosmopolitan city. that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey.
lol
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Dan Vavra is still a creative director on this game. Not that it says much, but there were rumours about him getting relegated to some sinecure position.
bluesnow

Post by bluesnow »

I read that article, but it didn't mention that KCD2 would have black people in it. Yes, the article said there would be ethnic diversity. We all know that ethnic diversity only means black people in the libtard's eyes. Suppose there are black people in KCD2, wouldn't the libtard reporters at IGN specifically mention it? Proudly proclaiming, "We've got you now, warhorse is our bitch." So I think this ethnic diversity is just some official jargon for Warhorse Studios to deal with reporters. That's all. At least for now.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

bluesnow wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:35
I read that article, but it didn't mention that KCD2 would have black people in it. Yes, the article said there would be ethnic diversity. We all know that ethnic diversity only means black people in the libtard's eyes. Suppose there are black people in KCD2, wouldn't the libtard reporters at IGN specifically mention it? Proudly proclaiming, "We've got you now, warhorse is our bitch." So I think this ethnic diversity is just some official jargon for Warhorse Studios to deal with reporters. That's all. At least for now.
this is the average employee who worked on kcd:

The idea of 'BASED SLAVS!!!' is some right-wing fabrication. If anything, slavs have been faster to sell-out than any of their western counterparts. They'll happily work on games and flirt with the right-wing if it gets them a small niche to make money, and the moment they can sell it all to make more they'll be shoving dildos up their ass on livestream.
I'm telling you guys that Vavra has a significantly decreased role in this, and he already wasn't as "BASED!!!" as a lot of people seem to believe.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 19th, 2024, 03:48, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

All of this goes back to Conquest's law:
All organizations that are not explicitly right-wing will over time become left-wing.
Right-wing/'conservatives' are happy to hire left-wing ideologues who infiltrate companies. Look at Vavra's own statements on how Warhorse is a company with 'diverse' ideas and people of 'all political views'.
Leftists absolutely do not hire right-wing employees. If there is a single right-wing person working at Bioware, it is because they have kept their mouth completely shut and nodded along to the message.
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 19th, 2024, 03:53, edited 1 time in total.
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:11
Apparently it's gonna be the end of Henry's story. So, no KCD3? No Prague? No Hussite wars? eh.
Could be that Henry becomes a higher up commanding armies or running the bureaucracy, which would fall outside of the scope of this FPS simulator, so perhaps the POV for a third game would shift to someone under his command who would have reason to go galloping across the land by himself.
Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss on April 19th, 2024, 04:11, edited 1 time in total.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:47
this is the average employee who worked on kcd:
well he works at Larian now, so
Last edited by wndrbr on April 19th, 2024, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Rand

Post by Rand »

GotPlatinum wrote: April 18th, 2024, 21:46
Rand wrote: April 18th, 2024, 21:21
Xenich wrote: April 18th, 2024, 18:27
Ok, question...

How is the mod scene on this game? Is it difficult, limited, etc... or can you change quite a bit of things like skin color, models, voice, maybe even edit scenes?

If so, then... it might be a worthy release down the road when the entire series is out and you go through everything, correct all the garbage they add and then tune it up for a non-fag/fem release?

Possible?
The first was difficult to significantly mod.
No good tools were ever made.
Some fucked around with levelling a bit, but that's basically it that I remember.
Slight correction, Warhorse released modding tools for the game.
Huh. Must have happened after I stopped playing.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Rand

Post by Rand »

Cipher wrote: April 19th, 2024, 02:12
Also, we know they are under Microsoft now
Embracer Group is run by Microsoft?
No. Pretty sure it's not:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embracer_Group

Warhorse got bought by Koch Media, which renamed to Plaion, and they were in turn bought by Embracer.
Last edited by Rand on April 19th, 2024, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
aweigh
Turtle
Turtle

Post by aweigh »

- Kutna Hora (Kuttenberg), the game's main city, will be similar to Rattay but way bigger
rip CPU
Boontaker

Post by Boontaker »

aweigh wrote: April 19th, 2024, 05:07
rip CPU
Just "deport" all the multicultural NPCs to the bottom of the river
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

Rand wrote: April 19th, 2024, 05:04
Cipher wrote: April 19th, 2024, 02:12
Also, we know they are under Microsoft now
Embracer Group is run by Microsoft?
No. Pretty sure it's not:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embracer_Group

Warhorse got bought by Koch Media, which renamed to Plaion, and they were in turn bought by Embracer.

Ah, I was mistaken. That was a good call out. Thanks for clearing that out and pointing out my mistake.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Grummz asked Vavra to clarify the Kotaku article, it seems Vavra instead chose to make a snarky reply to someone who replied to Grummz

No reply to Grummz at all.
Cipher

Post by Cipher »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 08:08
Grummz asked Vavra to clarify the Kotaku article, it seems Vavra instead chose to make a snarky reply to someone who replied to Grummz

This has to be fake right?

Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Cipher wrote: April 19th, 2024, 08:17
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 08:08

This has to be fake right?

This shit is so embarrassing and I hate Vavra worshippers. What a fucking ego.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

At this point Vavra is basically a Czech version of Kojima/Sam Lake.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 00:59
*huffs copium*

Maybe by diversity they mean more europeans. The first game only had Czechs, Hungarians, and a one German guy whose house got smeared in manure. Since the second game takes place in a big city, there's bound to be more foreigners - Poles, Lithuanians, Jews, maybe even Turks.

And Warhorse probably prefers not to get into hot water on the first day after their big announcement, they're not gonna answer "we hate niggers!" after being asked about diversity by a gamejourno.

*copium wears off*

Who am I kidding.
If this game turns out to be woke I'm going to commit a hatecrime (in Skyrim)