We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Kingdom Come 2 - to be officially revealed on April 18th

For discussing role-playing video games, you know, the ones with combat.
Manny V

Post by Manny V »

Reichspepe wrote: April 19th, 2024, 11:45
wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 00:59
*huffs copium*

Maybe by diversity they mean more europeans. The first game only had Czechs, Hungarians, and a one German guy whose house got smeared in manure. Since the second game takes place in a big city, there's bound to be more foreigners - Poles, Lithuanians, Jews, maybe even Turks.

And Warhorse probably prefers not to get into hot water on the first day after their big announcement, they're not gonna answer "we hate niggers!" after being asked about diversity by a gamejourno.

*copium wears off*

Who am I kidding.
If this game turns out to be woke I'm going to commit a hatecrime (in Skyrim)
kill some greyskins (in windhelm)

Tags:
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

Announcing there will be a wide range of ethnicities only to later reveal that they're all white to generate unlimited outrage articles is a pretty simple and effective advertising trick.
Or maybe the game will be full of gayniggers from outer continents. Time will tell.
Reichspepe

Post by Reichspepe »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 19th, 2024, 12:58
Announcing there will be a wide range of ethnicities only to later reveal that they're all white to generate unlimited outrage articles is a pretty simple and effective advertising trick.
Or maybe the game will be full of gayniggers from outer continents. Time will tell.
I am hopeful it's the former, having watched the footage like an autist and not finding a single person that shouldn't be there.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

Xenich wrote: April 12th, 2024, 11:47
@rusty_shackleford , what about making an entire "woke" category on this site which would have not only the links to woke lists and the like, but also have threads of each game that is being discussed which contains all posts that show the details of information on the game being woke (ie documenting developer comments, studio money investments, consulting companies, game examples, etc...). This way, each game has its own thread, all of the information on the game can be collected where it can eventually be put into a timeline and detail setup which completely shows the games nefarious nature of woke.

I think a centralized collection of this data eventually organized into a format where it is easily read would do wonders to bringing light to this woke practice. It would help normies who don't research this stuff to be able to clearly see the nature of these companies and that can ultimately have a MASSIVE effect on their ability to function in a business sense.

We can start with category:

Category: Woke games
---Pinned threads: Game woke lists (with links to threads if the game has information here)| Woke games with Mod Fixes | Woke Companies and developers| ETC...
---Threads: Woke Game Title (which posters link and discuss all of the development, financial, media, and public data on the topic)

May actually help to really out these people and all their antics. The thing about woke is, all you need to do is to let them be clearly seen for what they are doing and the public backlash will be huge.
why not do smart thing and make thread with much shorter list of not woke games.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:53
All of this goes back to Conquest's law:
All organizations that are not explicitly right-wing will over time become left-wing.
Right-wing/'conservatives' are happy to hire left-wing ideologues who infiltrate companies. Look at Vavra's own statements on how Warhorse is a company with 'diverse' ideas and people of 'all political views'.
Leftists absolutely do not hire right-wing employees. If there is a single right-wing person working at Bioware, it is because they have kept their mouth completely shut and nodded along to the message.
if only muricans that (used to) have wages 5 time higher at least in relation to bitcoin (less to cost of living i guess) were not such niggers some of them would be based bitcoin billionaires by now and they could fund any game they want. they could hire like some slav waggie slaves 100 usd a month and make 1 mil game with more labour put in than 40 mil jew soybuster.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Red7 wrote: April 19th, 2024, 13:13
Xenich wrote: April 12th, 2024, 11:47
@rusty_shackleford , what about making an entire "woke" category on this site which would have not only the links to woke lists and the like, but also have threads of each game that is being discussed which contains all posts that show the details of information on the game being woke (ie documenting developer comments, studio money investments, consulting companies, game examples, etc...). This way, each game has its own thread, all of the information on the game can be collected where it can eventually be put into a timeline and detail setup which completely shows the games nefarious nature of woke.

I think a centralized collection of this data eventually organized into a format where it is easily read would do wonders to bringing light to this woke practice. It would help normies who don't research this stuff to be able to clearly see the nature of these companies and that can ultimately have a MASSIVE effect on their ability to function in a business sense.

We can start with category:

Category: Woke games
---Pinned threads: Game woke lists (with links to threads if the game has information here)| Woke games with Mod Fixes | Woke Companies and developers| ETC...
---Threads: Woke Game Title (which posters link and discuss all of the development, financial, media, and public data on the topic)

May actually help to really out these people and all their antics. The thing about woke is, all you need to do is to let them be clearly seen for what they are doing and the public backlash will be huge.
why not do smart thing and make thread with much shorter list of not woke games.
@orinEsque already suggested this. The point was not to create a comprehensive list, just to centralize the data in a specific area to a more accessible means for the average joe ( @WhiteShark pointed out that you can search this through tags and the like, which is a viable means, but wasn't my point).

So as you see here, we have this particular game of the day being discussed, people are posting all of the info gathered on this game and its wokeness. It would be better placed in a category that is devoted to this so it does not fall off and get drowned away by posts of random topics). The mention of pinning the woke lists is just more putting things together because they already are placed in an area for data culmination).

There is nothing saying we can't have a pinned "non-woke" list that people add to over time either. Like I said, its just about putting things into a single category that has a couple of pinned threads, and the content would just be threads with games being talked about as they come out.

Like I said, not a big deal... just a suggestion.
Last edited by Xenich on April 19th, 2024, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

My thoughts:

If this is a direct sequel.. how are they gonna justify Henry starting over and and not knowing any skills.. fell off a cliff and hit his head forgetting how to sword fight and pickpocket? Or just hand wave it away as "New Game - Deal With It"
wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 03:11
Shown in a trailer:
- Father Godwin, Hans Capon and that gay Hungarian nobleman all return
- There's gonna be crossbows
- There's gonna be firearms
- Swimming mechanics? There's a blink and you'll miss it scene with naked Henry saying "hope it's not too deep"

Various previews say that:
- the game still uses Cryengine and reuses a lot of KCD1's assets
- the gameworld is going to be twice as big as the first KCD - this time around it's split into two maps
- no ubisoft activities, copypasted bandit camps or question marks on a map, the world design will be similar to the first KCD game
- world designers aren't trying to make their world densely packed like it's a bethesdian theme park, some parts of the world are going to be relatively empty because it's just forest
- Kutna Hora (Kuttenberg), the game's main city, will be similar to Rattay but way bigger
- light crossbows can be reloaded while on horseback, heavy crossbows can only be reloaded with a special lever tool
- devs are not ditching KCD1's combat system, instead they are trying to improve it
- devs are expanding and iterating on KCD1's systems, they don't plan to cut or streamline anything
- the NPCs still have their own stats, inventories, behavioral patterns, daily routines, etc
- if you pass out drunk, you can get robbed.
- there's gonna be blacksmithing mechanics
- the tone of the game will be more grand and less down-to-earth, you will be dealing with the nobility instead of peasants and soldiers
- since you're a knight now the questgivers will no longer send you to do fedex busywork, there's gonna be a lot more Game of Thrones style politicking and scheming
- there's gonna be a bigger focus on cinematic battles and sieges, there will be generally more spectacle

Apparently it's gonna be the end of Henry's story. So, no KCD3? No Prague? No Hussite wars? eh.
A lot of this is good news.. but I'm a little worried about a few of the highlighted ones. As much as I love BIG EXPLOSHUNS AND CLEAVING ENEMIES - a lot of the Kino from the original game came from just being a guy living in a semi-realistic world of that time period.

I actually have fond memories of hanging around taverns, talking to random locals with slice-of-life problems of the period. There's a small camp near one of the first areas you go to where there's a buncha guys minding coal burning pits near a river and they actually take shifts watching it on stools, eating lunch, looking bored, sleeping in their makeshift tents.

Game is massively comforting to play.
Last edited by Shillitron on April 19th, 2024, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
Anon

Post by Anon »

Shillitron wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:26
My thoughts:

If this is a direct sequel.. how are they gonna justify Henry starting over and and not knowing any skills.. fell off a cliff and hit his head forgetting how to sword fight and pickpocket? Or just hand wave it away as "New Game - Deal With It"
Shown in a trailer:
- Father Godwin, Hans Capon and that gay Hungarian nobleman all return
- There's gonna be crossbows
- There's gonna be firearms
- Swimming mechanics? There's a blink and you'll miss it scene with naked Henry saying "hope it's not too deep"

Various previews say that:
- the gameworld is going to be twice as big as the first KCD - this time around it's split into two maps
- no ubisoft activities, copypasted bandit camps or question marks on a map, the world design will be similar to the first KCD game
- world designers aren't trying to make their world densely packed like it's a bethesdian theme park, some parts of the world are going to be relatively empty because it's just forest
- Kutna Hora (Kuttenberg), the game's main city, will be similar to Rattay but way bigger
- light crossbows can be reloaded while on horseback, heavy crossbows can only be reloaded with a special lever tool
- devs are not ditching KCD1's combat system, instead they are trying to improve it
- devs are expanding and iterating on KCD1's systems, they don't plan to cut or streamline anything
- the NPCs still have their own stats, inventories, behavioral patterns, daily routines, etc
- if you pass out drunk, you can get robbed.
- there's gonna be blacksmithing mechanics
- the tone of the game will be more grand and less down-to-earth, you will be dealing with the nobility instead of peasants and soldiers
- since you're a knight now the questgivers will no longer send you to do fedex busywork, there's gonna be a lot more Game of Thrones style politicking and scheming
- there's gonna be a bigger focus on cinematic battles and sieges, there will be generally more spectacle

Apparently it's gonna be the end of Henry's story. So, no KCD3? No Prague? No Hussite wars? eh.
A lot of this is good news.. but I'm a little worried about a few of the highlighted ones. As much as I love BIG EXPLOSHUNS AND CLEAVING ENEMIES - a lot of the Kino from the original game came from just being a guy living in a semi-realistic world of that time period.

I actually have fond memories of hanging around taverns, talking to random locals with slice-of-life problems of the period. There's a small camp near one of the first areas you go to where there's a buncha guys minding coal burning puts near a river and they actually take shifts watching it on stools, eating lunch, looking bored, sleeping in their makeshift tents.

Game is massively comforting to play.
Simply require full KCD1 playthrough to then port the save to KCD2, but then it'd require too massive balls to do
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

Rather hate how many sequels just ignore this, really bothers me tbh. ME2 deserves some respect it doesn't get for actually putting a lot of thought into this.

I wonder if it will even have save import.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

If this is a direct sequel.. how are they gonna justify Henry starting over and and not knowing any skills.. fell off a cliff and hit his head forgetting how to sword fight and pickpocket?
this literally happens in the trailer
Anon

Post by Anon »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:40
If this is a direct sequel.. how are they gonna justify Henry starting over and and not knowing any skills.. fell off a cliff and hit his head forgetting how to sword fight and pickpocket?
Oh yes having brain damage enough to screw all your skills while not impairing at all your learning capacity is something that happens a lot IRL

They could've just made a new protagonist, I don't get why it HAS to be Henry again.
Last edited by Anon on April 19th, 2024, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Anon wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:45
They could've just made a new protagonist, I don't get why it HAS to be Henry again.
Because it's Henry's story.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

did you even play KCD1? That game ends with Sleeper's temple crashing down on Henry, he only survived because of the magic armor made of ore. No wonder he's weak again.
rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:32
Rather hate how many sequels just ignore this, really bothers me tbh. ME2 deserves some respect it doesn't get for actually putting a lot of thought into this.
Mass Effect 2's way of handling this was absolutely retarded, though. Yeah, let's frigging kill our protagonist during the opening cutscene for no reason, and then bring him back from the dead.
Anon

Post by Anon »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:46
Because it's Henry's story.
Okay okay fair enough, I only think the continuation shouldn't have used such a stupid plot device
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:46
Yeah, let's frigging kill our protagonist during the opening cutscene for no reason, and then bring him back from the dead.
Yeah, that was awesome. I miss when gamedevs had some balls.
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

We don't even know if there's a timeskip or not.

On one hand, there are firearms, and the game takes place in Kutna-hora, which kinds implies Hussite wars. On the other hand, it would make little sense for Henry to sit on his ass for 20 years and then suddenly wake up and be like "oh right, my father's sword. I should get going". Not to mention that father Godwin would be like 70 yrs old and would be in no condition to fight in a war.
Shillitron
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Shillitron »

Btw, this is massively based.

There is no fucking reason at all to change / rewrite the engine or have your art team spend 1000's of hours remaking bushes and trees.
The only other game company I know who does this is Piranha Bytes.

Invest your art budget where it matters (New assets, character models, sky domes etc.)

I wish more companies would reuse assets. I seriously wonder if there's some Shrub Artist Union that demands game companies make new shrubs every release.
Last edited by Shillitron on April 19th, 2024, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.
Oyster Sauce
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Oyster Sauce »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:48
wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:46
Yeah, let's frigging kill our protagonist during the opening cutscene for no reason, and then bring him back from the dead.
Yeah, that was awesome. I miss when gamedevs had some balls.
Such a good idea that the implications of dying and being recreated from gibs are mentioned in literally one conversation in the entire series going forward
wndrbr
Turtle
Turtle

Post by wndrbr »

Maybe the game opens shortly after the event of KCD1. We play as an already high-level Henry wearing top of the line platemail and armed with the best sword in Bohemia, the first mission is to get your father's sword. Then there's a timeskip, and surprise! The actual KCD2's protagonist is an anime twink Raiden.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Wonder if it's gonna stay historical or not, because prior to the Hussite wars nothing of note happened in the area the game is going to be set in, right?
I don't mean "akshually this happened on the other side of bohemia…", the area of the game itself was conflict free.
Red7

Post by Red7 »

rusty_shackleford wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:32

I wonder if it will even have save import.
i recall me2 thought im gay just cause i decided vagina is less worthy asset to save in me1.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

wndrbr wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:50
We don't even know if there's a timeskip or not.

On one hand, there are firearms, and the game takes place in Kutna-hora, which kinds implies Hussite wars. On the other hand, it would make little sense for Henry to sit on his ass for 20 years and then suddenly wake up and be like "oh right, my father's sword. I should get going". Not to mention that father Godwin would be like 70 yrs old and would be in no condition to fight in a war.
Well, I think a solution would be to layer the game plays development. That is, skills, abilities etc.. from the previous would all be there, but new skills and new additions to previous skills would be created to allow for more advanced application of those skills. That might be a viable approach if implemented correctly.
Consul

Post by Consul »

This explains that unhinged tweet he made about having an internal meltdown and wanting to get physical after meeting a person with an antisemitic t-shirt while waiting for his doctor appointment. Can't seem to find it right now, but it was hilarious.

I can't lie, I was pretty surprised when I watched the trailer for KC2. There were no obvious red flags in it, and the whole thing looked pretty impressive. I will be even more surprised if the released game is free from pozz, which seems too good to be true. I suspect they won't put any of that stuff up front, in the trailers and the gameplay reveals, but the story and characters in it will push liberal talking points and values. Some tokens in the game are also not off the table. I can't wait to see a Jewish rabbi lecturing Henry about the evils of antisemitism and lamenting the eternal victim status of the Jews. This way they would get the money from chuds blinded by hype who don't really examine things past their appearances and also get the praise from the gaming media for their commitment to the liberal values.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Consul wrote: April 19th, 2024, 17:49
This explains that unhinged tweet he made about having an internal meltdown and wanting to get physical after meeting a person with an antisemitic t-shirt while waiting for his doctor appointment. Can't seem to find it right now, but it was hilarious.

I can't lie, I was pretty surprised when I watched the trailer for KC2. There were no obvious red flags in it, and the whole thing looked pretty impressive. I will be even more surprised if the released game is free from pozz, which seems too good to be true. I suspect they won't put any of that stuff up front, in the trailers and the gameplay reveals, but the story and characters in it will push liberal talking points and values. Some tokens in the game are also not off the table. I can't wait to see a Jewish rabbi lecturing Henry about the evils of antisemitism and lamenting the eternal victim status of the Jews. This way they would get the money from chuds blinded by hype who don't really examine things past their appearances and also get the praise from the gaming media for their commitment to the liberal values.
Well, I think some in the industry are a bit leery due to the recent fiascos. Even Larian held off their sucker punch and added the woke content heavy AFTER the EA. So my guess is they will keep a lot of the promo stuff neutral, allowing lots of pre-orders and then at release people will get the brunt of it.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

Ok, being that the editor is likely as powerful as it seems, and it may be used for the new game (maybe). Here is a thought...

Who is the resident historian on this era who might be able to point out all of the issues with this game at that time? Would be interesting to document the differences, all the BS propaganda put in (especially the Jew angle that will likely paint them as saints) and then go back, revise it all to proper historical accounts, then mod the game accordingly?

I don't know enough about this era to have much of an opinion on that level of content, I just notice the blatant modern day crap when I see it.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Oyster Sauce wrote: April 19th, 2024, 14:40
Oh yes having brain damage enough to screw all your skills while not impairing at all your learning capacity is something that happens a lot IRL

Then you didn't play the first game to the end, with Capon and Henry literally riding off into the sunset. Not having the sequel being about Henry would be a crime against humanity, and making people so pissed off they burn Warhorse to the ground for real.
Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer »

Xenich wrote: April 19th, 2024, 18:42
Ok, being that the editor is likely as powerful as it seems, and it may be used for the new game (maybe). Here is a thought...

Who is the resident historian on this era who might be able to point out all of the issues with this game at that time? Would be interesting to document the differences, all the BS propaganda put in (especially the Jew angle that will likely paint them as saints) and then go back, revise it all to proper historical accounts, then mod the game accordingly?

I don't know enough about this era to have much of an opinion on that level of content, I just notice the blatant modern day crap when I see it.
I can only speak for the first game: So the sacking of Skalitz did happen, but the distances in the game were a lot shorter than in real life. Regarding jews, that was a non-issue since they weren't around in what was basically a backwater area of Bohemia. Actually, the more pressing issue would be the 'wrong' kind of christians. Now, since the sequel will take place in Kuttenberg which is larger, then yes, it is quite possible to see jews there. However, they should be treated with mistrust since that has been the historical stance regarding them so no, they won't be saints. That said it wouldn't surprise me if there are side quests where you get to meet and know jews, and if they then get to excuse their stance, then no, that would be bad - as a hardcore christian Henry is (as most people of this era), he wouldn't want anything to do with non-christians.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

being a jew outside of areas that were explicitly under protection was basically asking for a pogrom

not even "jews in prague", it was more like "jews in very certain parts of prague that were protected"
Last edited by rusty_shackleford on April 19th, 2024, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
Xenich

Post by Xenich »

This is why I would like to see something put together historically to follow along with it, then maybe change the game.

What I would love to see is a game like this design, or maybe even just a strategy 4x game of WWII that accurately depicts what happened during those times and not the typical "Germans are bad, US Kicks ASS HOORAH! crap that you see in a lot of WWI/WWII games.
Last edited by Xenich on April 19th, 2024, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.