We have a Steam curator now. You should be following it. https://store.steampowered.com/curator/44994899-RPGHQ/

Gloomwood is bad!

For discussions related to our Steam Curator
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Gloomwood is bad!

Post by Tweed »

It has a stupid checkpoint save system and it's ugly, also I didn't like the combat.
rusty_shackleford
Site Admin

Post by rusty_shackleford »

OK, I removed it until further discussion is had.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Ha ha! I WIN! I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!
Val the Moofia Boss
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Val the Moofia Boss »

I enjoyed the demo, though I feel that the "Thief with guns" moniker set false expectations. When I hear "Thief" I think of gameplay primarily built around stealth, and robust sound detection where you dread crossing a marble floor because your footsteps will echo and attract several guards and that might end the mission you're 45 minutes into right there. You want to avoid combat and if you do attract aggro then you need to escape immediately or you are dead. But in Gloomwood you can actually go toe to toe with most mobs and win. I was able to kill all of the human enemies except for the pack of birdmen in the final underground area, simply because if you aggroed one then all of them would descend upon you immediately. Sound isn't a crucial factor in Gloomwood like in Thief. There is still a lot of stealth gameplay in Gloomwood, it's just more actiony.
Tweed
Turtle
Turtle

Post by Tweed »

Stealth felt bolted on and pointless to me in the demo and I was sold on the whole "It's like Thief" pitch as well.